• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Starting Line up against Everton

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mark said:
brianfrance said:
Mark said:
Pires can play in the centre.
But too much offensive in my opinion.

I know what you mean, but it would add a new dimension to the way we play. Anyway, we'll see.
Who knows, it might even be better like this. Teams might not even get a chance to attack us as we will be doing so much attacking our own, and they'll have to take care of that before they can attack.

calvinngai88

I don't think Ljungberg will start. He's out with his usual rib injury which usually lasts 2 to 3 weeks. Pennant to come in, perhaps. He's just doing great. Henry still looks exhausted. I'll rather give him some rest since Everton's game just a minor one compared to much more others in this coming season, especially the European matches. RVP to be on the bench. Since Everton's midfield not that STRONG either, maybe only McFadden and Gravesen. Gilberto can handle that. Hopefully, Cesc will do the *behind scene* job for Gilberto, in the centre of midfield. Pires to come back on the left. Up front would be Reyes and Bergkamp.

kutz

I'm a bit concerned here, I'm glad you guys aren't filling in for Wenger on the day!!!

V. Persie won't start, and won't for a while. Mid-season when injuries come along.

Lehmann.

Lauren, Cygan, Toure, Cole.

Pennant(unless Freddy fit), Gilberto, Flamini, Reyes(If Bobby's fit, there's a selection headache, but Reyes shouldn't be left out.)

Henry, Dennis.

It all depends on Freddy and Bobby's fitness really. And also how quickly this flamini stuff is sorted and how much he's played with the boys.

calvinngai88

I don't see Flamini starting for his first EPL game. He wasn't even subbed in for the CS game though he was on the bench. Cesc would be more of a realistic choice.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
calvinngai88 said:
I don't think Ljungberg will start. He's out with his usual rib injury which usually lasts 2 to 3 weeks. Pennant to come in, perhaps. He's just doing great. Henry still looks exhausted. I'll rather give him some rest since Everton's game just a minor one compared to much more others in this coming season, especially the European matches. RVP to be on the bench. Since Everton's midfield not that STRONG either, maybe only McFadden and Gravesen. Gilberto can handle that. Hopefully, Cesc will do the *behind scene* job for Gilberto, in the centre of midfield. Pires to come back on the left. Up front would be Reyes and Bergkamp.
Cesc ,assuming he plays, really shouldn't be doing the *behind scene* thing and be left alone to tackle an oncoming Gravesen. He should be given the role he had on Saturday, and let Gilberto take care of Grvesen and clean up what Cesc has missed.

calvinngai88

*Loyan* said:
calvinngai88 said:
Cesc ,assuming he plays, really shouldn't be doing the *behind scene* thing and be left alone to tackle an oncoming Gravesen. He should be given the role he had on Saturday, and let Gilberto take care of Grvesen and clean up what Cesc has missed.

Well, they both can switch roles during the game. During the CS game, Gilberto got forward quite often, had he lost the ball and ManU does a counter-attack, Cesc would be the one cleaning up the mess.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's true, but I don't think it is wise to let Cesc be there alone against Gravesen. The man is a monster. He always looks like he's on drugs. I remember a goal he scored a while back and his eyes became huge like tennis balls. No exaggeration.

joe3428

Has anyone ever think that AW might used the same line up on CShield?
due to injuries and unfit players?

No changes on the defensive line up... as they're the only player available.

Pennant should play... he has shown a great pace and understanding with other player against MU.

Reyes might be put as left winger and given more freedom to operate to centre... thus gilberto and Fabergas will occupied the midfiled and do covering for Reyes....

frontman will be Bergkamp and Henry.... and we might see changes for bergy on the 2nd half with Clichy.... and reyes will be put as a striker....

johe

*Loyan* said:
That's true, but I don't think it is wise to let Cesc be there alone against Gravesen. The man is a monster. He always looks like he's on drugs. I remember a goal he scored a while back and his eyes became huge like tennis balls. No exaggeration.

Gravesen is just fat and runs around alot, he's not brutal in the Patrick Vieira fasion. Now if Cesc was up against Pad, THEN I'd be worried. He didn't have any trouble with the biggest ginger c*nt to walk the earth, so why should he have trouble against Gravesen who is mostly either infront of both Cesc and Gilberto, or behind them.

lewdikris

Established Member
If injuries stay as they are, the team last Sunday will be the one we see on next Sunday. But don't forget Carrick's due to come and he's been through a full pre-season at West Ham ... so he'd be the obvious starter, as he knows all about Premiership football.

My team:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Pennant Silva Carrick Pires

Henry Reyes

Bench: Almunia, Senderos, Flamini/Cesc, Freddie, Dennis

I'd go for Pennant over Freddie because i'd want one fully match-fit creative midfielder out there, and JP's had a good pre-season.

Good as Bergy's been it's got to be Reyes now .... and i'd let Van Persie wait to make his league debut in a home game.

Soler

Established Member
Lehmann
Lauren Toure Cygan Cole
Ljungberg Gilberto Vieira* Pires
Bergkamp Henry

SUBS: Almunia Senderos Clichy Reyes Cesc/Flamini

(* = Should Vieira leave either Cesc or Flamini will start with the Bert.)

calvinngai88

lewdikris said:
If injuries stay as they are, the team last Sunday will be the one we see on next Sunday. But don't forget Carrick's due to come and he's been through a full pre-season at West Ham ... so he'd be the obvious starter, as he knows all about Premiership football.

My team:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Pennant Silva Carrick Pires

Henry Reyes

Bench: Almunia, Senderos, Flamini/Cesc, Freddie, Dennis

I'd go for Pennant over Freddie because i'd want one fully match-fit creative midfielder out there, and JP's had a good pre-season.

Good as Bergy's been it's got to be Reyes now .... and i'd let Van Persie wait to make his league debut in a home game.

Carrick's deal is off due to no official bid by Arsenal, though Wenger expressed his interest. Portsmouth is finalising the deal and Carrick will join Pompey for 3.5million pounds, Portsmouth club record signing.

A

Anonymous

If Carrick signs then the team will be what lewdikris said.

But if he doesnt id go for

Jens

Hoyte Kolo Cygan Cole

Freddie Lauren Gilberto Reyes

Henry Dennis

Subs
Alumnia
Senderos
Clichy
Pires
Pennant/Van Persie

The thing with Everton is that they have a very competitive central midfield. Graveson gets the better of PV at Goddison nearly every year. I feel playing Pires in the centre would lead us to getting over run in midfield, especailly as he cant be match fit. We need someone who can tackle and fight for the ball in their along side Gilberto - it may be Cesc but I think ralph would be the best option for this game.

I cant see it happening, but its another option.

sienna

Carrick isn't coming and not sure about Flamini being cleared to play. I'd play:

Lehmann
Lauren, Toure, Cygan, Cole
Ljungberg, Cesc, Gilberto, Pires
Bergkamp, Reyes

Subs: Almunia, Senderos, Clichy, Henry, Pennant.

pome

I'd start with,

Lehmann
Lauren, Toure, Cygan, Cole
Pennant, Cesc, Gilberto, Pires
Bergkamp, Reyes

Subs: Almunia, Senderos, Clichy, Henry, Freddie

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom