• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Starting Line up against Everton

Arnie

If pires and ljungberg aren't 100% fit, play the the team we played on sunday.

If every one is fit this is my team. I was wondering why most of you left out reyes for bergy. then i realised he has to play cos he's captain!

Jens

Lauren Cygan Toure Cole

Ljungberg Gilberto Cesc Pires

Bergkamp Reyes

He won't risk henry's injury

lee1001

Established Member
Mark said:
brianfrance said:
Mark said:
Pires can play in the centre.
But too much offensive in my opinion.

I know what you mean, but it would add a new dimension to the way we play. Anyway, we'll see.
e

Lets look at the United midfield for the treble season and most of the nineties....

Giggs Scholes Keane Beckham.

The only player in their that is a defensive midfielder is Keane.
Yet they had fantastic success. Now i know Arsenal always play with 2 defensive midfielders, but United have show that you can get by with only 1 defensive midfielder so why couldn't Arsenal??

Cesc is very similar to Lampard and Scholes in the way he does get the boot in, but primarily excels in his passing, creative play and shooting. The only problem Cesc has is his inexperience, but that was the case in the CS against Keane Djemba x2 and Scholes. Im sure he could do it again and im sure arsenal coiuld be just as effective with only 1 truly defensive midfielder in the middle.
As quoted above: "but it would add a new dimension to the way we play"

Im not talking of Cesc as a replacement for Vieira, but Everton are ****ing poor and im sure Cesc can do a job before the likes of Edu, Flamini and a possible replacement coming in.

enigma

Mad Jens.
Ralph, Kolonel, Cygan, Ash
Pennant, Freddy, Gilberto, Le Bob
Jose, Titi

Not sure if Cesc will play. Just cus he did well against Manure in a Community Shield match doesn't mean he'll go on and do it to every other team in the premiership. I hope he does, though.
If Flamini is clear to play then Freddy on the right and Pennant on the bench.

leongsh

It's still a bit early but my guess of the line-up against Everton would be:

Lehmann
Lauren, Toure, Cygan, Cole
Pennant, Gilberto, Pires, Reyes
Bergkamp, Henry

Subs:
Alumnia, Hoyte, Senderos, Clichy, van Persie

Taking into account that Campbell, Ljungberg and Vieira (if he decides to stay) are out due to injury.

The captain for this match would probably still be Bergkamp.

Arnie

Well no one can complain of a thin squad this year ;D ;D ;D

Selection head aches are good. And it's not like chelski last year cos we don't have :cry: like jimmy.

Adam

Established Member
Is Ljungberg definitely out?

If so, that is a blow in my eyes. Largely because he is reliable at RM. He has been part of a consistent formula in the EPL despite not shining. Pennant does come with a few risks. I'd rather we are putting him on as an energetic substitute, but Jermaine is not great for closing games out.

Maybe i am not doing his recent defensive influence any justice. I must admit he has probably matched Ljungbergs work rate, and if not - bettered it. But it is not just work rate - it is positional awareness, and he was almost crucially caught out against Man United in the shield when he left his marker. Ljungberg has experience on his side, and does very well for us defensively.

Will Arsène trust Jermaine? If he is - it is more likely to occur in home games where we usually play an attacking right midfielder. Arsène likes the solidarity away from home, and who would argue with that?

Arnie

I saw something in jermaine last week i had never seen in him before. The amount of times he was will to take 60-40 tackle against him just so he could release another player was amazing.
He looks like he is finally ready. Maybe being in a relagation battle took him out of that comfort zone he was him. I bet he'll never break a curfew again!!

Adam

Established Member
As i say - commitment is the first step, experience in knowing when and how to use it (positionally and whatnot) may let him down.

But it is great to see after the conceived ideas we held about him. He has a bit of bite and character about him (as does our Fred). He needs to learn to play within the Arsenal system more intelligently, and he will only get that through games.

efurze

Jens
Ralph, Kolo, Cygan, Cole
Freddie, Gilberto, Pires, Reyes
Bergy, Henry

Doubt very much cesc will play, much less start. Only if everone else is injured.

Denish

I would play:

Seaman

Dixon Adams Keown Winterburn

Parlour Platt Merson Overmars

Bergkamp Wright

They'd probably still beat Everton now.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
---------Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Ljungberg Gilberto Fabregas Pires

----------- Bergkamp
----------------------- Reyes

Subs:
Almunia
Clichy
Senderos
Pennant
Henry

If Thierry ain't fully fit, why bother risking him when we can win the game with Reyes playing up front, we can always bring him on if we need to. Plus I don't see how you can leave Jose or Dennis out.

A

Anonymous

Id LOVE to see Fabregas play but i think Wenger will go with experience.
Dont see how flamini counts as more experience to be honest. I would DEFINATELY play cesc until vieira makes up his mind.

Pennant should start, freddie may not be fit and jermaine deserves another chance. Reyes also start with henry.

Lehmann
lauren
toure
cygan
cole
pires
pennant
cesc
gilberto
henry
reyes

beanz

Jens

Ashley Toure Kolo Cole

Bobby Cesc Silva Pires

Henry Titi

Subs: Jose, Robin, Reyes, van Persie, Lehman.

:mrgreen:

Senght

Jens

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Pennant Gilberto Cesc Van Persie

Reyes Henry

Subs: Aluminia, Sendores, Bergkamps, Flamini, Clichy

Sonic Youth

it's hard to pick the best 11, we've got so many new players to choose from. but i would play this team:

-------------------henry---------------bergkamp--------------

reyes------------fabregas-----------gilberto-------------pires

cole-------------campbell----------touré-----------lauren

------------------------the german caveman-----------

first i wanted to play edu, but i choose gilberto instead because we need him to run gaps and help in defence. pires can play very well on the right and fabregas really impressed me so he should replace vieira, even if vieira stays, because i think we shouldn't play anyone who has no passion for the club. reyes has played excellent on the left wing in pre-season. i think he's at his best on that position, he'll be very dangerous and we'll still be able to play both henry and bergkamp. our defence was rock solid last season so i want that to stay the same.

i think it's a pitty that ljungberg is not in my first 11 cause i really like his passion, but he can still function as a super sub.

Andrew

I really wouldn't mind if it was the same starting line-up as the community shield. Perhaps Pires in for Fabregas but I think Cesc has more fight for that position. Neither Pennant, Bergkamp or Reyes deserve to be dropped and I don't see why Fabregas shouldn't get another chance.

-------------------Henry---------------Reyes--------------

Pires------------Fabregas-----------Gilberto-------------Ljungberg

Cole-------------Cygan----------Touré-----------Lauren

--------------------------Lehmann -----------

Subs:
Almunia
Clichy
Senderos
Pennant
van Persie

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom