• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Ham - 9/8/15, 13:30 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
You know what I think today was a off day where everything goes wrong, analyzing it will be useless, even the league winners will have at least a few of these.

Sign DM and a CF and i'll have confidence if not then write the season off and save yourself a broken heart.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Just got back from work and really don't want to read the last few pages. Seriously tho, how bad was it?

Talk sport absolutely rinsed us, didn't have one good word to say, said we are miles of City and Chelsea, said we lack leadership everywhere and that we shoved a load of players on to the pitch and just told the 'to play'. I was furious. Also mentioned we don't use any tactics and that if Jose were our manager we'd win the league.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I really dont get this - it didnt matter which lineup we put out ? how can you say this with a straight face ?

ofcourse it matters - thats the ****ing point in having a manager - Slaven Bilic won the game for West Ham. it wasnt luck or because of poor individual displays from us - it was him owning Wenger.

What I am trying to say is with the line up we put out we should have won anyways if they were up for it , can you tell me with a straigh ****ing face that line up wasn't good enough to beat West ham ?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Really? Why can't grown men with like 100k per week get them self up for a game against **** side like West Ham?

You really expecting Wenger to babysit them?
I expect Wenger to do his job.

If he can't give tactics nor motivate what does he bring to the table? Glorified baby sitter?

This is the third time the Ox has cost us goals by doing the same thing, I've heard one hundred times we are playing with the hand brake on, or perhaps the players were nervous.

It's a managers job to ensure the team is properly prepared. Today we weren't prepared.

My_Two_Cents

Don't get the hate on Ox after today. He was clearly our most dangerous player. Run them ragged at times. Should have cleared it for their second goal but what followed from Santi, Kos and Cech was even worse.
It's more about how he ****s up the basic things so often though Randy, no doubt he's an explosive player and can do some crazy ****, but realy needs to cut that other stuff out

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Can't even bring myself to check twitter for Benzema rumours anymore for the fear of seeing the amount of abuse Arsenal will get from other fans on there.

We are the laughing stock of world football. Once again.

Calm down and take a chill pill dude.

Take it as a sign that we are threatening the opposition, when they take joy in our failures.

We have what it takes both on the field and in recruitment ability in the market, but we must be street wise.

Bashii

Don't get the hate on Ox after today. He was clearly our most dangerous player. Run them ragged at times. Should have cleared it for their second goal but what followed from Santi, Kos and Cech was even worse.

What baffles me a bit with the Ox is he looks so dangerous on the ball on the wings, but he decides after beating 5 players and putting in a good cross, that for the rest of the half he will go central and sit deep. in fact he did it for most of the rest of the game. He looked reluctant to try something similar again. Wenger is so right when he says he plays with "the handbrake on".

He has it in him to claim the RM spot as his own if only he would do what he does best more often!

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I'm confident we will bounce back next game.

Alexis will be a lot sharper and Bellerin will be back givin us the extra in attack we lacked today.

Cech will surely bounce back after this, we know he has the abillity as he showed us in the Community shield.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I understand we had an off day, but will never undrstand lack of fight spirit. We should be all over them and press them high after first goal, but we never did it. First time in years Ramsey didnt make a single run into box, tells you a lot.
Am not worried, just pissed

Would never think Cech would mess up 2 goals like that

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Calm down and take a chill pill dude.

Take it as a sign that we are threatening the opposition, when they take joy in our failures.

We have what it takes both on the field and in recruitment ability in the market, but we must be street wise.
I'll relax in a few hours but right now i am incredibly gutted and disheartened. My posts will reflect that im sorry haha

SteveEvets

We had to play a midfielder on the left wing because Alexis wasn't ready. We don't have another left winger.
Besides I really don't see how this is the reason we lost. We had loads of games with midfielders on the wing last season and it worked. Liverpool for example.

Wrong. Ox - Giroud - Walcott would have been fine today, and indeed every week until Sanchez is ready, or a Giroud replacement comes in.

It is the main reason behind why we lost because when we play midfielders out wide, while also playing Giroud, our 'attack' is reduced to an glorified game of Keep Away, and troubling the opposition goalkeeper is a secondary, even tertiary aim.

You do this too long, the other team will eventually pounce on you when you make a mistake in a bad area, and once they get a goal the game is basically over because there was already no impetus to begin with to attack, and now that there is added pressure, the opposition is even more comfortable defending because we're going to make that many more mistakes.

We've seen countless matches over the last 18 months following that script and the times we've won matches, we've scraped by on an individual piece of brilliance, then hanging on to a result. A lot of those wins have been nervy one goal wins.

I specifically wrote after that Liverpool match that the manner in which we won may have been more harmful than anything else, because it would cement in Wengers mind the idea that Ramsey out wide would be a viable strategy. I kept saying it, even after we scraped by Burnley and Reading in the next matches. And then it finally game unglued at home to Swansea.

It's a fragile system which requires the players to ALL be on song, or else it doesn't work. We can't rely on individual brilliance to win us matches, rather we need to focuson a working system that has like for like replacements if someone isn't performing.

amirkat

Established Member
giphy.gif

What on earth... LMAO

David Smith

Established Member
Wrong. Ox - Giroud - Walcott would have been fine today, and indeed every week until Sanchez is ready, or a Giroud replacement comes in.

Ox is not a left winger, he rarely plays there. He's much better on the right. I know I prefer Özil or Cazorla on the left than Ox there.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Nah , at the start of the season with our best chance to win a title ? You can get up for that you need selling .
This is precisely the time a manager needs to step in to ensure people are focused on the task at hand, to not get carried away. To ensure they are prepared to win the game from the offset.

Like I said in a previous post if Wenger could have sent out any team today without motivation and instructions what is the point of him being there. Because basically, and correct me if ive taken this wrong, you are implying we don't need a manager

Bashii

Coquelin is good but Arteta is not **** and he's our captain, with vast experience in this league, hence why I thought he'd be a certain starter.

That spot is leCoq's mate. Unless he puts in some almighty **** performances (not unlike today!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom