• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Ham - 9/8/15, 13:30 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohi420

Really? Why can't grown men with like 100k per week get them self up for a game against **** side like West Ham?

You really expecting Wenger to babysit them?
Yep.
What does he earn 8m per year for? Remember Ferguson? He used to take average sides to titles with his babysitting.

RuskyAdam

Pretty much sums up the match reaction

giphy.gif

Bashii

Apart from the fact Cech had an absolute mare this game and is at fault for both goals, the blame for the _performance_ has to be pinned on the midfield.

LeCoq suddenly thinking he is Pirlo again. He has got a decent range, but he is forced it way too much. Looked off the pace slightly and with a little less energy. First game of the season though so it's to be expected somewhat.

Ramsey. I'm almost done with this guy. Tries too much intricate stuff that doesn't come off. Makes bad decisions on and off the ball. Very painful to watch him play atm.

Özil. has to be his worst games for us. Knocked about by a 16 year old kid. Made nothing happen in the middle of the pitch. Looked slightly better when he had Alexis running off him.

Imo we need Caz back in the midfield with LeCoq. They sit much closer to each other and pull the strings in midfield.

And in regard to transfers, we need both a DM and a world class striker or it's gonna be another groundhog day season I reckon.

Liam Spencer

Also i said that many times at home games play natural winger even if mean dropping Cazorla or Mesut.

We don't have classical wingers, and Alexis is the only top quality wide player in our ranks.

Regardless of what half of A-M tells you, Walcott will never been anything more than decent and Chamberlain is nothing special either.

My_Two_Cents

Really concerns me that we can still put in performances like that. I genuinely thought we'd put that **** behind us since last Xmas. Ah feck it anyway!

Stoneh

I just have one thing to say to all those who think we have enough quality... to bring a player on when hes not had full rest or was involved in any training shows how desperatly short we are on quality. Feel sorry for Sanchez and shame on Wenger for still relying on Sanchez even after last season.

RuskyAdam

Coquelin needs to work on his passing. Giving it away far too many times for me to believe he'll be a mainstay in this team

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

you cant really blame anyone else - fair play to wenger if this was our strongest possible lineup today, I dont think it was even close to it.

he chose to go with what hasnt worked in the past with cazorla out wide and put faith in Giroud and Ramsey who both have looked massively out of form in pre-season.

he really does hate wingers, if he cant play a CM on the wing it just isnt fun

Nope didn't matter what line up he put out , we should have had more shots on target , more passing options and basically a lot more desperation .

RandyMarsh

Established Member
We had to play a midfielder on the left wing because Alexis wasn't ready. We don't have another left winger.
Besides I really don't see how this is the reason we lost. We had loads of games with midfielders on the wing last season and it worked. Liverpool for example.
Absolute lies. Stop chatting ****. We had 2 good games when Ramsey was RW with Giroud up top. Pool at home and Hull away. It's one of the main causes for our predictable, toothless attack. And that is an absolute FACT.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We don't have classical wingers, and Alexis is the only top quality wide player in our ranks.

Regardless of what half of A-M tells you, Walcott will never been anything more than decent and Chamberlain is nothing special either.
today we should played Walcott Giroud Ox. not Ox Giroud Özil

My_Two_Cents

Walcott is hopeless against anything other than a high line and Ox needs to be loaned or something, his touch is bloody atrocious

The worst thing is that Wenger will give this team a chance to put it right next week.

So boring watching Cazorla-Özil-Giroud attack. Clueless attack.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Surprised at the stick Ramsey is receiving, I actually thought he was one of our better players today alongside the OX.

Our issues today were what I've been saying for the last 2 seasons; 1.) A lack of leaders without the presence of Arteta on the field whom can convene the team together when we are losing, no effective communicator. Secondly our playing style is all over the place in terms of consistency, one week we are executing a defensive-nervous approach against Chelsea then today we tried to get back to our typical passing game which didn't come off due to our interminable switching of styles which generates nothing in terms of cohesiveness leading to our players making poor mis-placed passes and a lack of sharp movements within the final third.

Obviously this could come down to injuries too but based on what I've seen in the last 3 years I think it would massively benefit the team if we have one primary style of play utilised from the start of every game and if it doesn't work in the first 45 minutes we alter to a plan b stratergy.

If Arsène and the team persist with these reckless deviations we are just going to remain a stand still club going absoloutley nowhere whilst City, Chelsea and United will be improving more and more eventually leaving us well behind which would then result in our best players leaving us just like 5 years ago. The circus continues!

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
I just have one thing to say to all those who think we have enough quality... to bring a player on when hes not had full rest or was involved in any training shows how desperatly short we are on quality. Feel sorry for Sanchez and shame on Wenger for still relying on Sanchez even after last season.
Worse part was that he was instantly our most dangerous player upon being brought on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom