• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Manchester United - 4/10/15 - 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Although we were brilliant, I am gutted that we didn't do more damage. I did not get the sitting back approach in the 2nd half....we did not get enough possession to launch a counter attack.

I think we should have been more ruthless by pressing and hounding them Barca style and score that 4th/5th and if possible 6th goal and then sat back.

Smashing them by a good margin would have well and truly done a little more confidence in our finishing and honed our killer instinct a bit more.

Moreover, it would have been some sort of sweet revenge for the hammering we have had from them before.

I guess the word "ruthless" and Arsenal are only used when we are at the receiving end.

In the second half Grioud Özil and Ox in particular had glorious chances. Tactics were spot on, the onus was on Man Utd not us after being 3-0 down. They barely threathed other then the Martial chance, cant think of another clear cut opportunity they created.

Also our 2 and 3rd goals where both excellent counters.

Considering the way we conceded against Leicester, Sparta and Olympacos i would have smashed my TV if the team played a pressing game such as that which would leave us exposed at the back ( particularly with Merts against Martial) when 3-0 Up.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

F*cking hell they're leading with Everton-Pool!? I've got 9am lectures you bellends...

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Shame we're on 2nd, not sure if its MOTD's bias to Liverpool or Brenden getting the chop that's done it, but whoever it was that made the choice is a Captain Killjoy.

Excellent game and performance. I had a feeling we'd win comfortably as before the match Tyler was giving it the "not beaten Utd in the league in x games", "Arsenal will go above Utd if they win by 2 clear goals" etc etc. Usually its us suffering those kind of things.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Loved how Wenger got Ramsey to the touchline and instructed him to switch to the middle of in the 65th minute. Totally deconstructed United's 20 minute spell of domination...
He's rarely that tactically pragmatic that sights like that put a smile to my face. Especially with the scoreline.

DanishDoc

We need more flags at the Emirates! Take a note from German football. Their crowds always look so epic.

BEnwxjLCAAEIVs7.jpg

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I will openly admit I'm not Walcott's biggest fan but he was brilliant out there today.

If he applied himself all the time like that, he'd be a great player

Bould14

Amazing game. The signature performance of the season. We blew them away and after 10 minutes the game was over at 2-0. 3-0 was just icing on the cake.

I do wish that our home fans would cheer throughout the entire game. The team performance was so good they deserved it.

benjamin86

Established Member
Just beautiful. What a sight! Saw a video today of fans of a league 3 German team and they put us to shame. Incredible support.

Standing section, cheaper tickets and more flags!! That's what we need.
Saw that video to, i checked out that clubs ticket prices €8 for a kid €12 for an adult.
I think English clubs are pricing out the type of fans that can create great atmosphere. Average ticket price should be £20.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Watching the Alexis, Özil, Walcott linkup is a joy. Watching it broken down and analysed on MOTD is pure heaven, Such beautiful ball play. Gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom