• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Manchester United - 4/10/15 - 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeGlennHelder

There cannot be many Arsenal games in the last decade when they raced ahead like that in the first 20 mins and also kept a clean sheet for the remaining duration of the game. You could probably count them on one hand TBH.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Just beautiful. What a sight! Saw a video today of fans of a league 3 German team and they put us to shame. Incredible support.

Standing section, cheaper tickets and more flags!! That's what we need.

The atmosphere at the Allianz arena, I promise you, is second to none that I've experienced. 2nd to none! The Bundesliga as a whole can boast some of the best stadia experiences in the world And Dortmund enjoy some of the best fans in Europe in terms of attendance and loyalty.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
The atmosphere at the Allianz arena, I promise you, is second to none that I've experienced. 2nd to none! The Bundesliga as a whole can boast some of the best stadia experiences in the world And Dortmund enjoy some of the best fans in Europe in terms of attendance and loyalty.
Yeah no doubt about that. Gives you goosebumps seeing the German support. I love the little things like shouting out the name of the goal scorer on the loudspeaker and the whole stadium chants the name back.

Read a while ago that Bayern season tickets are 200 quid! The chairman said that a few extra million a year for them (from more expensive season tickets) means nothing, but 500-1000 quid more for the supporters is massive. Pure class.

Makes me think that now we are steady financially, why can't we lower our season ticket prices again? Bayern manage ok without such high prices.

FreeGlennHelder

As much as you try I think there is a limit to how vociferous the support is going to be from the combination of London middle classes and moneyed tourists that make up a large proportion of the Emirates crowd.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Buzzing from the win today, everyone played well. Wish we had of had more possession in the second half, but overall we were always in control and comfortable.

That Ramsey chance really bugs me though. Should have buried it.

Wenger's move to 4-3-3 was exactly what was called for at the time, and his substitutes were perfect. Happy bunny today. Only downside is that Brendan has gone!

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Finally watching the match, not long in it, but 15 minutes in and I'm already enjoying it more than anything I have seen in... god, I don't know how long.

The Arsenal of old performance. Everyone had a great game (So far). Sanchez is such a good player. Coquelin as well. I did not expect this.

I'm never watching another match live again. :D

benjamin86

Established Member
Finally watching the match, not long in it, but 15 minutes in and I'm already enjoying it more than anything I have seen in... god, I don't know how long.

The Arsenal of old performance. Everyone had a great game (So far). Sanchez is such a good player. Coquelin as well. I did not expect this.

I'm never watching another match live again. :D
Only sad thing is that we dropped off and decided to sit and play counter attacking. I think we could have really gone for the jugular in that first half and finished 6-0 up.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Only sad thing is that we dropped off and decided to sit and play counter attacking. I think we could have really gone for the jugular in that first half and finished 6-0 up.

Agreed. I'd have love for us to humiliate them, put that 8-2 result to bed once and for all.

benjamin86

Established Member
Agreed. I'd have love for us to humiliate them, put that 8-2 result to bed once and for all.
I think it was there and could have happened but we took our foot off and tbh i think were lucky not to concede.
I found a lot of the second half frustrating we let MUFC have possession far to much and didn't close down enough i think we could have forced far more errors like the first half. If Martial had scored just before half time....who knows what could have happened.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Arsenal vs Manchester United summed up

PSY-Kicks-Soccer-Ball-Away-From-Kids-Gentleman.gif

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

I think it was there and could have happened but we took our foot off and tbh i think were lucky not to concede.
I found a lot of the second half frustrating we let MUFC have possession far to much and didn't close down enough i think we could have forced far more errors like the first half. If Martial had scored just before half time....who knows what could have happened.

We've gone for the jugular a lot in recent years, sometimes it has really hurt us. I'd rather us make a 20 minute blitz and then camp up, rest some legs. We could have been up by a lot more in the first half. Ramsey really should have scored, Bellerin had a good chance as well.

WrightIsGod

Great result for the Arsenal. Everything clicked. Anyone else think we're a better counter attacking side then a possession one?

mod edit: you were warned about spamming, now you're banned.

ChampagneFootball

Why would we need to plaster the words of a group of (probably) plastic United fans to motivate our squad?

If we show up, we'll win.. they have a 19 year old as their best player.

Just got home.. fantastic result and boy, did we ever show up!

Reading the media in the build-up to the game now in hindsight is hilarious.. so many reactionary idiots proving themselves to be reactionary idiots.

It was nice to be the team that brought United back down to earth - and they'll lose at least 2 of their next 3 league games.. guaranteed.

As for us, class performance and need to build on it in a tricky fixture away to Watford after the international break.. need full concentration and focus from the first minute.. it's a handy little trip for us though before Bayern..

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

I can tell him a few things. His three old men couldn't keep up with our mid field, they didn't respect Sanchez, and Young is not a defender.

There's only one pacey right back in this league, and you can't copy him. :D

drummergunner

It was good to hear Martin Tyler screaming and cheering for us again. He was so boring against the FA cup final last year. It was almost like he was rooting for Villa at the time. Tbh, the NBCSN commentators are pretty good as well.

PS: I can't believe we had only 38% possession. We created at least 10 clear cut chances with that amount of possession. Unreal.

Last edited:

haha_arsenal

Just get out of bed, have to check with reality if yesterday result was real.
Still buzzing over it.

Now we have 2 weeks off after a great result,
I really hope the players don't get cocky and bottle the game at Watford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom