• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Manchester United - 4/10/15 - 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopzilla

Always Negative
We haven't been lethargic in the EPL this season to be fair .

The momentum might not be there but the break might do us some good as well considering it gives us time to recoup considering the injuries we have had.

Extra time for Wilshere,Welbeck and Rosicky to recover without missing games.

Hopefully Koscielny will miss the qualifiers and be back in time after the break.

Monreal, Gabriel..? Do they play for their NTs? If not...a good break for them.

I hope Sanchez doesn't do anything stupid by aggravating the groin injury..would be a disaster for us if it does.

Touchwood.. the rest come through unscathed as well.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Think this was the first time I predicted a loss, not too sure... Typical that we then go on to absolutely destroy Man Utd.

From now on I'll predict nothing but losses, haha

Yep always works for me...in fact I had said pre match that 'I'd bet my house on us losing'...

Just expect things to not go for us..predict a bad game....don't watch the match...its a kind of a 'magic spell' if you will....

TriniGunner

The momentum might not be there but the break might do us some good as well considering it gives us time to recoup considering the injuries we have had.

Extra time for Wilshere,Welbeck and Rosicky to recover without missing games.

Hopefully Koscielny will miss the qualifiers and be back in time after the break.

Monreal, Gabriel..? Do they play for their NTs? If not...a good break for them.

I hope Sanchez doesn't do anything stupid by aggravating the groin injury..would be a disaster for us if it does.

Touchwood.. the rest come through unscathed as well.

I miss the bugger. One of my favorite Arsenal players.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
About to watch the highlights for this game for the 12th time today. It could've been 6 or 7, really. If Ramsey scores, Özil scores his second chance, Giroud takes his time and Ox get's a bit more luck- we avenge the bogus 8-2.

Still over the moon, great gutsy display from the boyos. Wenger's 75th minute subs were spot on for a change too :lol:.

blaze_of_glory

About to watch the highlights for this game for the 12th time today. It could've been 6 or 7, really. If Ramsey scores, Özil scores his second chance, Giroud takes his time and Ox get's a bit more luck- we avenge the bogus 8-2.

Still over the moon, great gutsy display from the boyos. Wenger's 75th minute subs were spot on for a change too :lol:.

My wife called me out after I fired up the highlights for the 5th time yesterday.
"You're watching it again?!"
"Yes. Yes I am."

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
When ManUre trashed us 8-2, we had at least the excuse of getting into the match on the back of many injuries and a shocking summer.

This time, while we've still had many injuries and a shocking summer, we absolutely smashed a close to full-strength ManUre side.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I heard some pundit say yesterday that was the first time Man U had ever been down 3-0 at the half in the premier league era.

Not sure if that's true but I'm going with it.

3-0 down after the first 20 minutes I think it was.

They've been down 3-0 at half time, I think twice under Ferguson - sometime in the 90s when they changed their jerseys in HT and won the game in the end (Wimbledon away?), and once vs Spu*s in 2001 I think, when they won 5-3 after being 3-0 down at HT.

blaze_of_glory

They've been down 3-0 at half time, I think twice under Ferguson - sometime in the 90s when they changed their jerseys in HT and won the game in the end (Wimbledon away?), and once vs Spu*s in 2001 I think, when they won 5-3 after being 3-0 down at HT.
Ah ok. Yeah I'm not surprised its a first then if it was just for the first 20 min.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

CQj_NI5W8AAoTf9.jpg

Interesting team shape, looks like a diamond. I think Wrighty on MOTD how close Alexis-Özil-Walcott were together for the first half when we absolutely blitzed them. I think that's the key really, getting quality, pacey, intelligent players playing very close to each other at a high tempo. Also shows the beauty of our formation in regards to Ramsey playing wide and Alexis playing the other side, it may look "imbalanced" in terms of a 4-2-3-1 but it certainly enables us to switch to other systems and formations where Alexis can be in a front two and Ramsey can drop back to a midfield three. It'd be much harder to show such versatility with two "natural wingers".

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
The way we started yesterday's game reminded me of the game at Anfield in 2014 when we lost the tie within 20 minutes as well. The moment we arrived mentally in the game, we'd already been down by a couple of goals.

You can't afford to start slow in these kind of games, when your opposition is crowded with pacey attacking players. We paid the price for that at Anfield, so did ManUre yesterday.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Can we admit that Walcott is a CF now?

I think if we find another label, it may be easier for some to admit we have a CF (or whatever) that can score lots of goals for Arsenal, and also do stuff CF's do, like pass the football to another Arsenal player.

So, Theo, the goalscoring-and-occasionally-assisting footballer (that plays far up the field) has been born. It has a ring to it imo, tbh and tbf.

BobP

Memri Fan

Southampton away, Le tissier tore the a new one that game and they had grey shirts on, Fungus said something about the players losing each other in the crowd.

Funny thing was Southampton did it to them again with fantastic performances from the likes of Le tissier, Berkovic and Egil Ostenstad.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I'll never get over the fact that we never had Cesc, Samir & RVP playing together a full season. The few games we've had them on the pitch together were simply magical.

I hope Alexis, Mesut and Theo would fare better, because if we are ever going to win the league, we need these three at their absolute best, and yesterday offered a glimpse of what their best looks like.

Many of us forget that we're still waiting for the 'arrival' of Aaron which you feel is bound to happen soon or later, and with Aaron in form, he'll relief Özil of goalscoring duties which we all know is not his forte anyway.

Theo is our most important player after Alexis, and I can only hope & pray that he remains fit for the reminder of the season.

#COYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom