• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Manchester United - 4/10/15 - 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We might of eased off but don't mistake that for thinking Utd ever stood a chance if winning. Every decent chance bar Martial's at the end of the first fell to Arsenal.

Had they scored we would of replied with another goal or two.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Martial is the real deal by the way, he knows what to do every time he gets the ball, reminds me of Sturridge actually, in the way that he nearly always creates something when he gets the ball, knows the game well and has the talent to do the stuff he wants to do.

Some player he'll turn into, United's big gamble has been a good one.

Taxi Driver

Martial is the real deal by the way, he knows what to do every time he gets the ball, reminds me of Sturridge actually, in the way that he nearly always creates something when he gets the ball, knows the game well and has the talent to do the stuff he wants to do.

Some player he'll turn into, United's big gamble has been a good one.

As much as it pains me to say it - he indeed is. If that wasn't Cech in the goal he'd score that one.

He's very cool and composed in the penalty area and uses his movement very well. I'm afraid he'll come good for them.

infineon

Established Member
Martial looks amazing to be honest for his age. The quality and maturity of his movement is really surprising and scary. We talk about Ox having a lot of talent but still needing to develop at 22 but Martial looks like he has already got it. Frightening to think how good he could be in a few years.

BobP

Memri Fan
We used to say the same things about Ox in his first season here, remember his games against Milan, United, Blackburn.

These things level out over time.

chessygoal

We used to say the same things about Ox in his first season here, remember his games against Milan, United, Blackburn.

Ox played like a very talented teenager, Martial is playing like he has been around forever, I'm really impressed by his ability to always make the right choice, even if it sometimes doesn't work.
Probably as good as Anelka was at the same age.

Goon_si

Was watching the game at work yesterday. Coworkers were looking at me like I was crazy when I screamed out of the blue for each of our goals. And the best part was when one guy (United fan) came to me and asked "how are we playing", he sees the score (2-0 at the time) and he says "what the hell, already two down", and just as he says it Alexis hammers in his 2nd of the day to put us 3-0 up, with me jumping up and screaming in his face haha. Aah it really was a good day yesterday.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I will openly admit I'm not Walcott's biggest fan but he was brilliant out there today.

If he applied himself all the time like that, he'd be a great player

Exactly, when we unleashed the Ox at 18 he looked better than Martial to tell the truth . What he did to AC Milan at that age ......

Martial is going to be World Class though or at least he has every chance to . Lethal combination of strength , speed and technique . France is going to be formidable by 2022 with Martial and Jeff .

Last edited:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Although 3-0 is a fantastic scoreline against a team like United, I feel it was too kind on them. We could have had 5 or 6. I wonder if fellow members @Juan Matas Beard and @Rosso feel similarly ?

I was furious when Ramsey missed that glorious chance to make it 4-0 in first half.
Giroud could have also stopped and choose where to shoot. He had plenty of space or to lay it off to Monreal who was waiting for it.

And then it's a shame Ox hit the bar.

Redcafe has been a good read today. The majority are in agreement that were too good for them on the day, but it's funny reading their armchair experts pointing fingers at LVG on how he failed the first big test in PL. Yet before the game they were very confident LVG will pull it off, because he's a big game manager.

Even their predictions page makes for a pleasant viewing :)

kopzilla

Always Negative
Van Gaal was ill prepared. I don't remember how they played here last season. Of course I remember that they won..1-2... I think he underestimated us a bit....gave us too much space and time to pass about...our passing was so quick as well ..they didn't know what hit them in those first 20 mins.

I can't believe how easy it was for us...it was a great time to really hammer them good....next time around they will be better prepared and won't give us many opportunities to score.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Although 3-0 is a fantastic scoreline against a team like United, I feel it was too kind on them. We could have had 5 or 6. I wonder if fellow members @Juan Matas Beard and @Rosso feel similarly ?

I was furious when Ramsey missed that glorious chance to make it 4-0 in first half.
Giroud could have also stopped and choose where to shoot. He had plenty of space or to lay it off to Monreal who was waiting for it.

And then it's a shame Ox hit the bar.

Redcafe has been a good read today. The majority are in agreement that were too good for them on the day, but it's funny reading their armchair experts pointing fingers at LVG on how he failed the first big test in PL. Yet before the game they were very confident LVG will pull it off, because he's a big game manager.

Even their predictions page makes for a pleasant viewing :)

Yes its a shame...most of us were nervous that we would concede even after being 3 goals up...almost like even 1 goal from them would ruin the moment for us. We did not concede but we did come very close to conceding a few times.

We have allowed teams to claw their way back before and to be honest we did make some poor defensive mistakes which could have gone their way...the save by Cech Vs Martial, poor clearing away of the ball in our penalty area by Per and Gabriel....even in the 2nd half we could have done even better defensively ,won a few more 50/50s and regain possession than allowing them to pass about.

Even so, there were 3 great opportunities we squandered...Ramsey ,Özil and Giroud...would have been one for the history books.

BobP

Memri Fan
Their pressing, something which they've been commended on this season, was all over the place.

Very disorientated. I play futsal and we number up on players and then as we box them in the opposition player on the ball is pressed aggressively and is forced into a mistake of some sort as he has nowhere to pass it.

United's first wave of pressing was there but the players behind them simply weren't numbering up or cutting off the angles.

This is suicidal against a team such as ourselves as we are known for our technical ability because, as we saw, Santi would be pressed but he would easily find a way to circumvent it (as the pressing wasn't done with confidence or conviction) and break lines with his passing to our players who are loose behind the pressing line which gives us an open run at the United defense.

The front 3, Özil, Sanchez and Theo made me so happy, Wenger actually looked for creative solutions to the striking problem and now 2 of our front 3 are world class players and the other is a very useful player.

---------------------Walcott
Sanchez
----------------Özil
---------Santi-------------Ramsey
-----------------Coquelin

Asymmetrical 4231, essentially a 41212

Hegemony

Think this was the first time I predicted a loss, not too sure... Typical that we then go on to absolutely destroy Man Utd.

From now on I'll predict nothing but losses, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom