• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

COC: Sheffield Wednesday vs. Arsenal- 27/10/15 - 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nobody asked Wenger about the injures in press conference what a useless bunch of journalists.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Wenger on injuries: "We are short now. It is a big blow for the other competitions to lose players of this stature."

Doesn't sound good, but we'll see.. Theo's especially didn't look that bad.

General

Established Member
That's a little bit concerning when our business plan is too bring through and develop players and supplement them with the Ozils and Sanchez of the world.

It's worth bearing in mind that we've got some class players out on loan that would have been in the side tonight.

It was players like Mertesacker, Chambers, Debuchy and Gibbs that let us down tonight. Those were the guys who should have been leading by example.

Yeah agree to some extent but I think we've always had a mixture of decent players out on loan and those close to the first team. I just looked at the young players we had out there and I'm not sure where the next big talent is coming from.

The performance was more worrying than the result and we were indeed let down by poor leadership from the experienced players.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
BY saying the youngsters are not ready Wenger is taking the blame upon himself for putting them out there. He's not blaming them for the loss, he's saying it's his fault.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Wenger on injuries: "We are short now. It is a big blow for the other competitions to lose players of this stature."

Doesn't sound good, but we'll see.. Theo's especially didn't look that bad.

Oh dear... I hope he's exaggerating.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
BY saying the youngsters are not ready Wenger is taking the blame upon himself for putting them out there. He's not blaming them for the loss, he's saying it's his fault.
That's exactly how interpreted his comments.

Aevi

Hale End FC
This performance was very telling of our 1st team actually, and it is here that I really appreciate our playmakers of Özil and Cazorla. The younsters, Flamini, Campbell, they created little to nothing with a severe amount of back and side passing. Noone wanted to make that clean, more risky pass forward.

Also not getting the hate for Campbell, thought he was one of our better players tonight (not that it is saying much lol). Guess everyone could have done much better.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
that's another way to spin it, but he's speaking directly about the players, which he's never done before.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Truth is we don't really have any youths pushing for a place in the first team squad right now do we?
they might be closer if they weren't on loan. there's real quality--some of the best youngsters we've ever had--on loan right now. i was surprised he sent them all out tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think Walcott gonna be ok he didn't done his hamstring i think ox will be out until the next international break.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Not really. We've always mixed things up with loanees and internal development. We are buying a lot more towards the top end and that's reducing chances for up and coming talent but otherwise not much has changed. Even Pullis went on record today to say Gnabry is not good enough to be playing for West Brom at the moment.

Can't recall one season when we've had 9 acadamy players on loan at the same time.

Zelalem is tearing it up for Rangers (yes it's the Scottish 2nd division but the point of the loan for him is to learn to cope with physicality).

Maitland-Niles and Wellington are considered one of the best players for their respective sides. (Ispwitch and Bolton)

Akpom and Martinez are regular starters for Hull and Wolves.

Crowley and Toral feature regularly for Coventry and Birmingham aswell.

Can't forget Jeff and Fortune either who aren't on loan but away on intl. duty. Pleguzuelo is a decent prospect aswell but wasn't selected, probably because of our depth at CB.

Not saying i'm expecting them all to make it here, far from it. But it's wrong to say that our current crop of acadamy players are less talented than our previous ones imo.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
that's another way to spin it, but he's speaking directly about the players, which he's never done before.
I think it would be blatantly obvious to anyone who watched the match that they were not ready. It's not exactly news. Wenger is taking the blame for his team selection.

Only Arsenal could put a player on the field who hasn't played much this season and he would get injured without getting tackled.

And only Arsenal could put a player who got rested last game and he would get injured without getting tackled.

But this is over now, back to Özil show on the weekend. Can't wait to see what the sweet prince has cooked up for us then!

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Luckily we only have 2 PL games left before the international break. So we should be able to manage without Theo (who is by far the biggest miss).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom