• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: WBA vs Arsenal - SAT 21st NOV - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I think we'll win but 'Plenty of space' is optimistic. Pulis will park the bus big time.

Yeah his defensive line will be deep but he won't pack the midfield out in an attempt to counter with direct passes. I think it'll be a similar game to the one against Watford, they'll let us have the ball and we have too much quality not to punish them.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Even if Ramsey is available I don't think he'll start. The last two times he came back from a muscle injury, Wenger eased him back in with substitute appearances.

And rightfully so... Especially with hammys, you just shouldn't risk it. Putting him in for too much too soon could easily see him out again. Though I do understand how important Ramsey is to the side, I am worried that if he is rushed back it'll do more harm than good.

Reactions: A_G

Jerome_Gooner

I'd put Ramsey on the other side, the way he complements Bellerin is key to our early successes. And Ox would be aided by Nacho's strong defensive qualities.

100% agreed. I've mentionned this before about what I called our "positive asymmetry" with an strong attacking RB (Bellerin) and strong defending RW (Ramsey) and the opposite on the left with a strong defensive LB (Monreal) and a strong attacking LW (Alexis). With Cazorla usually on the left of Coquelin, and Özil being left-footed as well, our main attacking play has a bit more weight on the left and we can surprise teams on the right flank while they focus on blocking our strong left (that is well covered by Monreal) with the pace of Bellerin or Ramsey playmaker and box to box qualities.

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Things have gone a bit tits-up since the Sheff Wed game. I am not too optimistic about this one. We looked totally knackered against Sp**s.

Physioroom has Ramsey out till the 5th of Dec, together with Walcott. They list Bellerin and Ox as available. Guess we'll know by the press conf on friday.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I absolutely hate Ramsey on the wing with a passion, but what can we do atm. If he's fit he has to play on the right unfortunately.

Cech
Bellerin Gabriel Koscielny Monreal
Coquelin Cazorla
Ramsey Özil Campbell
Giroud

0-1 Koscielny with a bullet header.

I've missed you Arsenal you sexy bastards. Come back to me with 3 points please!

Lilwizzle

Established Member
I'm going to this game, tickets for a home seat were only £20 with a student discount, rude not to.

Anyway, I think we'll win. Pulis tends to play 4-4-2 at home and we'll get plenty of space in the middle, Fletcher's legs aren't what they used to be. Good game for Santi after his unfortunate one against Sp**s. Rondon will be a threat, so will Berahino if he turns up. Still, nothing Kos can't handle (hope he feels a bit better.)

Anxiously waiting for tomorrow's fitness update from Arsène. If all is well I'd go;

Cech
Cazorla Coquelin
Chamberlain Özil Ramsey
Giroud

Subs: Ospina, Debuchy, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Arteta, Campbell, Sanchez.

Enough quality in the above team to get a victory. I think it's important we give Gabriel a run of games, he needs to get used to these kind of fixtures away from home. We've got a good record at The Hawthorns, the fresh players should be chomping at the bit to make an impression. Going for a 0-2, Giroud and Özil to score.

COYYGGGGG!
How did you get that? Is it still available?

I was gonna go but could only find £50 min

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Do you have to have a membership to buy them? A paid one, like Arsenal

It helps, but there are tickets on general sale. Best thing to do is ring them up mate, if anything they'll tell you to grab a ticket on arrival and present your Student card (assuming you're going for the discount.)

Aevi

Hale End FC
I absolutely hate Ramsey on the wing with a passion, but what can we do atm. If he's fit he has to play on the right unfortunately.

Cech
Coquelin Cazorla
Ramsey Özil Campbell
Giroud

0-1 Koscielny with a bullet header.

I've missed you Arsenal you sexy bastards. Come back to me with 3 points please!
I have come to appreciate Ramsey on the wing greatly, moves towards middle with great link up play and covers for Bellerin's attacking ventures well. He isn't really a winger even though our lineup says he is... a myth, he's a free roamer. Just hope he starts slotting away his shots.

I think you don't give him enough credit there, though many would agree his place is as a pure midfielder.

Last edited:

USArsenalFan716

Ugh.... If Ramsey's out and Sanchez gets a rest like he should....

We kind of are forced into starting a front 4 of:

Campbell Özil Ox
Giroud

With no real quality replacements. Man I hope Ramsey and Walcott are back soon...

hieuving85

I just can't wait to see the boys in action again :D
Expect a hard fought win. Hope to see our wizard provide another assisst ;)

USArsenalFan716

In two weeks he played 2 games. What are you on about. Alexis starts end of story. Playtimes over.

Actually if he plays at WBA.... That's 4 games in 14 days... Sp**s were on the 8th...WBA on the 21st plus 2 games for Chile in between (playing the entire game)... Plus travel halfway across the world.... The guy needs a break BAD!!

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I doubt this will be a walk in the park, we tend to take a bit of time to get going after international breaks, and I'd be surprised if it was different this time.

Still think we'll win this, but it'll be a bit harder than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom