• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: WBA vs Arsenal - SAT 21st NOV - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
No OX and No Ramsey, especially, is a big blow but he did say they'll be back on Monday (although didn't say what Monday :lol:) seriously though this will be a tough game, with the possibility that Koscielny may also be out, getting 3 points will be massive.
As for the Dinamo Zagreb game - **** it! Rest the whole squad, play the under 21s! Don't want any first team player getting injured in that game when we may end up in a Europa league spot, would rather we dropped out of Europe and had 100% focus on the league this season.

Edit: Just play Jeff against West Brom and we'll spank them 6:0, no sweat! :)

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Pretty gutted about the Ox and Ramsey news - going to be another tough away game when with a proper energised XI this would be a much easier fixture.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Campbell playing again... :mad:

Anger management:

1310121691_game_of_thrones_tyrion_lannister_slaps_prince_joffrey.gif

Better.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Ox can be a bit careless at times gifting the ball to the opposition. Moments like that can cost you games, especially against a defensive unit like West Brom.

His end-product isn't good enough either to make up for it, Campbell seems more assured to me in the final third and more likely to put a chance away.

Overall, Ox has a lot more raw ability, but Campbell is a more mature player.

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
At least Bellerin is back, he adds to our attack.

Question is, can we have Jeff instead of Sanchez?

Wenger doesn't have the balls right?

Emibury

This is usually the type of tough away game against organized opposition I am pessimistic about. But I really think this will be fairly simple - this Pulis team isn't great defensively. Bar Sp**s, we have been great recently, and we are gathering some resilience and ability to bounce back. They will sit back and offer little threat. I think a comfortable win - two goals up within an hour.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Oh great. Alexis will be playing then. The guy's a ticking time bomb.

Improves our chances of winning with him playing i suppose, but not good for the long term.

These British players need to come back asap. Can't believe how often they let us down with injuries. Welbeck should be our back up LW allowing Alexis to rest for games like this..

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I'd have to disagree. I don't like the idea that an attacker is better for us because of their defensive input. I like Campbell but I'd rather Ox any day of the week.

Agreed it madding at times. We play a CM on the wing in Ramsey time and again, Welbeck is basically a defensive forward as he offers no goal threat, and people (jokingly hopefully) talk about our inability to defend set pieces when discussing Giroud vs Theo at CF.

Its so sad its funny actually. :lol::lol::lol:

With that said despite the fact that Ox is more "offensive" than Campbell, Ox's end product makes Welbeck look like Aguero, Joel is half way to matching Ox's best ever goal tally of a whopping 2 league goals in his now 4 years at AFC, so when you couple that with his 'workrate' in getting back, Ox is a downgrade both going forward and back vs Campbell right now...Wenger surely must roll with Joel again.

We are trying to win the league, this is our best chance to do it it in forever, we are hammered by injuries, this isnt the time to develop players. We need results. Ox can get game time to develop when we have others back to help make up for his shortcomings.

Last edited:

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
didnt realize that we have a strong chance of been top of the league after saturday, this is a crucial fixture because it can change everything in the 6-7 teams that are on top

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey the only miss of players we expected to have back. Ox has been awful for months. Let's see if Campbell can up his game with a proper RB.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Feel sorry for Campbell, Wenger keeps him but only plays him when he's missing 4 wide right options - Theo, Danny, Ramsey and Ox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom