• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
258.gif

blaze_of_glory

Sanchez back now, hey? El Nenney has passed his medical as well. We're in decent shape guys.

Have to say I'm glad I didn't watch this one, may have been too much. It was very entertaining to follow on here despite the disappointing end.

D

Dial Square 1886

Funny melt downs on here when we, wait for it...

Draw away from home against a reved up Liverpool team in very tough conditions.

Try this. Imagine we are 3-2 down and Giroud bags a point with the late equaliser. How do we view the result then?

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Such a shame, but another harsh lesson. It's those final minutes hanging on that can be the difference in winning titles.

Still it's not all doom and gloom. Taken in isolation and looking at the other results a draw at Anfield tonight is in no way a disaster.

This Arsenal team is still a long way from being convincing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Well we've got that last minute equaliser that had been coming, out of the way now, at least. No more please though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We should never take Campbell off also no need to bring on arteta the guy was out for while and lack match sharpness we should bring on Gabriel instead if we wanted to go all defence

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
People say this performance shows why we won't win the league, well what does it say about City drawing 0-0 at home with a chance to close the gap?

Unless of course people believe Leicester are now genuinely title contenders and they're the big winners.
City didn't have the lead 90 minutes in. We did and we conceded yet another soft goal like we always seem to. That's the difference. We can't be concerned with what City do. This was a poor loss given where we were after 90 minutes. I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise.

AVENTUS

When is Sanchez back? Neither Theo nor Ox do anything for Bellerin defensively. Anytime JC switched sides, the other wingback was exposed. That's a big old we need to fill. Liverpool exploited that time and again and we rode our luck a bit. Still not sure an Arteta returning from injury is the best player to throw in when you need to protect a lead either.

Alexis is back next game against Stoke. Either Campbell or Walcott gets benched tho.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Don't know if I'd blame subs/strategy, we were right to go defensive although maybe it was a bit soon. The defence was a shambles throughout, that's what cost us the game ultimately.
I think the strategy was right. We had to tighten things up - the game was way too open.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
As soon as we announced the dreadful cm pairing of "Flamsey" you knew that we were trouble. Flamsey doesn't offer the defence any protection and they fold when pressed and we all knew Liverpool were going to come out quick, press hard and cause us all sorts of problems.

Fortunately for Giroud and Campbell were in form and caused them problem.

Taking off the likes of Campbell (my MOTM) and Özil invited more pressure till they drew it level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom