• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The highs and lows of Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
I'm not sure where best to fit Ramsey in the team. I think we'll get a better idea when he's paired with Coquelin. If we still can't control the midfield, then surely his place is up for grabs when our CMs return?

Also I don't understand why so many want him back on the wing. He doesn't have the tools for it. He's too slow to hit the byline, he doesn't have the skill to beat his man and he often abandons the flank to get involved in the middle.

It's a shame Wilshere, Cazorla and Rosicky have all been injured at the same time. It would've been interesting to see how our midfield looked with a more technical midfielder next to Flamini.
If that's the case, then I don't see the logic. Ramsey doesn't possess the necessary skillset to be effective on the wing, and the fact he abandons his post to get involved in the middle adds more weight to the argument that he shouldn't be played there.

What are the necessary attributes to be an effective winger?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It seems Welbeck is someone that is not loved on this forum for some funny reason. Guy has not played this season and has played relatively few games for us but a lot of people are just happy to pump their venom at him, just to divert from Ramsey.

Is he really struggling? You must have been watching him in the physio's room to claim that he is struggling.

I was referring to other forum posts on Welbeck not necessarily in this thread. Quite a few of our players divide fans opinion-from WC to dross. I'm not actually slating Welbeck but he's just one of quite a few who is of suspect class/form. For the record, I want all our players fit to give us the best chance of the title.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
What are the necessary attributes to be an effective winger?
Knowing your role and holding your position for starters. As well as pace, ability to meet a man, being able to hit the byline, score, assist ... etc.

Edit: Alexis Sanchez

Gooner n Proud

Knowing your role and holding your position for starters. As well as pace, ability to meet a man, being able to hit the byline, score, assist ... etc.

Suarez starts on the right for Barca but when you watch him play it becomes noticeable he rarely stays in that role, same if you see Muller for Bayern Munich; starts on the RW but comes narrow throughout the game, no less than Aaron does for us. Any team that adopts a fluid style of play tends to consists of wingers whom roam and float about. He doesnt have pace but I could name 10 very effective wingers in the last 10-15 years that lacked pace. As for scoring, assisting; Aaron was our most productive player last year behind Giroud and Sanchez despite being injured for large chunks of the season.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Suarez starts on the right for Barca but when you watch him play it becomes noticeable he rarely stays in that role, same if you see Muller for Bayern Munich; starts on the RW but comes narrow throughout the game, no less than Aaron does for us. Any team that adopts a fluid style of play tends to consists of wingers whom roam and float about. He doesnt have pace but I could name 10 very effective wingers in the last 10-15 years that lacked pace. As for scoring, assisting; Aaron was our most productive player last year behind Giroud and Sanchez despite being injured for large chunks of the season.
Suarez plays through the middle.

But in any case, when Ramsey starts scoring 20-30 goals from the right like Muller and Suarez do, I'm sure I'll be more open to it.

Gooner n Proud

Suarez plays through the middle.

But in any case, when Ramsey starts scoring 20-30 goals from the right like Muller and Suarez do, I'm sure I'll be more open to it.

Whenever Ive watched Barcelona recently its been Messi centrally flanked by Suarez and Neymar however theres a lot of interchange. Then again that front 3 is absolutely exceptional and shouldnt be compared to any in the world.

Ramsey has got 28 goals in the last 2 campaigns whilst missing half of both seasons had that not of been the case I could easily see him getting 15-20 a year whilst also assisting.

I was never worried about Aaron but now it has changed. He does not look comfortable in midfield, not convincing with his touch but i also don't think it's as simple as him being desperate to score and therefore abandoning his duties as some on here. The guy seems to have lost that swagger from a couple of years ago, yes but i can't explain the lack of security from him, his touches are quite erratic and can't seem to dictate the pace at all.

WhatAFC

I'm looking forward to seeing him play alongside Coq, think that'll make a big difference to his game.

The energy having those two in CM is a joke.

WhatAFC

What's making him look worse is that his timing is off when making these forward runs. He's getting caught in the transition which then makes him look badly out of position.

Although I still think he needs a couple weeks on the bench, the prospect of playing alongside Coq will bring his game up because he won't be so paranoid about being out of position. Plus until a couple more players come back he's auto starting.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
It's a cliché, but we really would lack control of possession with a Coq-Rambo pairing.

I actually trust Coq way more when being pressed.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I find it strange that when a player moves position and plays "poorly" it's said he needs time to adjust.

When a player is paired beside a sub par player it's normally the other guy is bringing him down.

I find it strange when a team is devastated by injuries that one player can be singled out for criticism.

Yet here we are all those factors combined and Aaron Ramsey is still criticised. I'll defend him when he deserves it and criticise him when he deserves it but he has been thrown in at the deep end with no life raft.

Yes he wants to play CM, ideally beside a player he has played with before to readjust to an unfamiliar position (he's been a Rw for two seasons now?) Our most potent attacking threat has been injured and we've had an unknown come in at Rw. Albeit he has done extremely well you still have to be aware that the team we are putting out is nowhere near that which we've fielded or will field with everyone fit.

I know I've been critical of Mertesacker and possibly the same positions can be taken but I'd respectfully disagree.

WhatAFC

I find it strange that when a player moves position and plays "poorly" it's said he needs time to adjust.

When a player is paired beside a sub par player it's normally the other guy is bringing him down.

I find it strange when a team is devastated by injuries that one player can be singled out for criticism.

Yet here we are all those factors combined and Aaron Ramsey is still criticised. I'll defend him when he deserves it and criticise him when he deserves it but he has been thrown in at the deep end with no life raft.

Yes he wants to play CM, ideally beside a player he has played with before to readjust to an unfamiliar position (he's been a Rw for two seasons now?) Our most potent attacking threat has been injured and we've had an unknown come in at Rw. Albeit he has done extremely well you still have to be aware that the team we are putting out is nowhere near that which we've fielded or will field with everyone fit.

I know I've been critical of Mertesacker and possibly the same positions can be taken but I'd respectfully disagree.
How is he being singled out? Walcott, Mert, flamini, giroud and even kos have all been widely criticised in recent weeks.

It's clear to see Ramsey and Walcott are massively out of form. Both need a break for a couple weeks.

Maxim

How is he being singled out? Walcott, Mert, flamini, giroud and even kos have all been widely criticised in recent weeks.

It's clear to see Ramsey and Walcott are massively out of form. Both need a break for a couple weeks.

How has he NOT been singled out?

There's been about 10 additional pages of criticism and a change in the title to "Aaron Ramsey is struggling" since the Chelsea game, in which he was one of our better players.

Has the same happened in the others? No, there's been barely a page or two added to the other threads. This forum is incredibly biased against Ramsey. You're spot on @bingobob

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football

There's been about 10 additional pages of criticism and a change in the title to "Aaron Ramsey is struggling" since the Chelsea game, in which he was one of our better players.

Has the same happened in the others? No, there's been barely a page or two added to the other threads. This forum is incredibly biased against Ramsey. You're spot on @bingobob
exactly, everytime i get into the forum and see this title i think to myself what sort of football is people looking at.
Ramsey is the least of our problems, Ramsey is always a solution.

blaze_of_glory

Yes. Walcott thread, Ox thread, Giroud thread many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom