• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The highs and lows of Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I'm not sure where best to fit Ramsey in the team. I think we'll get a better idea when he's paired with Coquelin. If we still can't control the midfield, then surely his place is up for grabs when our CMs return?

Also I don't understand why so many want him back on the wing. He doesn't have the tools for it. He's too slow to hit the byline, he doesn't have the skill to beat his man and he often abandons the flank to get involved in the middle.

It's a shame Wilshere, Cazorla and Rosicky have all been injured at the same time. It would've been interesting to see how our midfield looked with a more technical midfielder next to Flamini.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He has world class off the ball movement but not this season . No ones been caught offside more than he in the league .
Ramsey's end product from the wing is much less than it's from the middle, though. Would like to see us try a formation that's closer to 4-3-3 than 4-2-3-1 with Ramsey and Santi/Jack/New guy paired in front of Coquelin. And Özil occupying a free roaming role from the right like Ramsey did for us this season.

Would not only beef up the midfield, but also gets the best out of Ramsey. A bit less tactical discipline needed, doesn't have the responsibility to distribute and with his energy he can win the ball back in central areas which is much more dangerous than out wide.

Özil would be fine too, he drifts to the right a lot anyway.

Ramsey can adapt though , not like he doesn't have chances even from the right .

Bergklings

I honestly don't know how to judge him as a player.
I don't recall seeing a gulf of class that sharp from his peak level or "purple patch" to the player I see of this season and 2014-2015, in many other players. I'm referring to foundational things and not just the numbers - like his first touch, and his shooting technique seem to be of that of a different player entirely. The only constant so far has been his clever movement, and his engine.

How can that even happen? Does confidence play that big of a factor for his baseline technique? From his interactions with the media, he seems to be a very shy, and timid character. The only thing that makes sense to me other than using arbitrary and vague terms such as "form" or "match-fitness", is that he's got such a steep "inverted U curve" when it comes to maximal performance v.s arousal.

My diagnosis: Performance/Social anxiety.
Treatment plan: Practice juggling balls around with Coq in public settings - malls, bathroom stalls, movie theatres.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I honestly don't know how to judge him as a player.
I don't recall seeing a gulf of class that sharp from his peak level or "purple patch" to the player I see of this season and 2014-2015, in many other players. I'm referring to foundational things and not just the numbers - like his first touch, and his shooting technique seem to be of that of a different player entirely. The only constant so far has been his clever movement, and his engine.

How can that even happen? Does confidence play that big of a factor for his baseline technique? From his interactions with the media, he seems to be a very shy, and timid character. The only thing that makes sense to me other than using arbitrary and vague terms such as "form" or "match-fitness", is that he's got such a steep "inverted U curve" when it comes to maximal performance v.s arousal.

Treatment plan: Practice juggling balls around with Coq in public settings - malls, bathroom stalls, movie theatres.
10/10 treatment plan.

My friend's mom's mailman's doctor is a doctor so I know what I am talking about.

ScotVieira

Established Member
I just remembered the thread title is Aaron Rmsey is struggling. From the recent posts, so are Theo, Ox, Welbeck....just to name three :(
It seems Welbeck is someone that is not loved on this forum for some funny reason. Guy has not played this season and has played relatively few games for us but a lot of people are just happy to pump their venom at him, just to divert from Ramsey.

Is he really struggling? You must have been watching him in the physio's room to claim that he is struggling.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It seems Welbeck is someone that is not loved on this forum for some funny reason.
Being **** for Man Utd was funny.... Continuing to be **** for Arsenal, is not funny. He's not appreciated because he shown nothing for either Man Utd or Arsenal. He's a non-scoring forward with the brains of goat and couldn't pass water. It's not a mystery why he's not loved. He's a track athlete with the football stats and skills of a track athlete.

Guy has not played this season and has played relatively few games for us but a lot of people are just happy to pump their venom at him, just to divert from Ramsey.

This line is most puzzling, considering you're defending Welbeck (who wasn't under attack in here, until I just crapped on him!) in the Ramsey thread. Never mind the slightly weird and paranoid reasoning behind why you think people slate Welbeck.... o_O

Last edited:

skip spence

Also I don't understand why so many want him back on the wing. He doesn't have the tools for it. He's too slow to hit the byline, he doesn't have the skill to beat his man and he often abandons the flank to get involved in the middle.
To be fair it's only on the team sheet graphics Ramsey played as a winger. Aaron's position when Coq and Santi played in the middle was as an attacking midfielder. The responsibility to attack the right flank was and still is mainly on Bellerin. I'd prefer him there too when Santi and/or Wilshere comes back. Very important player for us despite his shaky form. Campbell can sit down.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
200.gif

Aevi

Hale End FC
Ramsey at RW in reality is a wonky 4-2-2-2. Like so:

Cech
Bellerin-Per-Kosc-Monreal
Coquelin--Cazorla
Ramsey-----Özil-------
------Theo------Alexis

Coolin

To be fair it's only on the team sheet graphics Ramsey played as a winger. Aaron's position when Coq and Santi played in the middle was as an attacking midfielder. The responsibility to attack the right flank was and still is mainly on Bellerin. I'd prefer him there too when Santi and/or Wilshere comes back. Very important player for us despite his shaky form. Campbell can sit down.
If that's the case, then I don't see the logic. Ramsey doesn't possess the necessary skillset to be effective on the wing, and the fact he abandons his post to get involved in the middle adds more weight to the argument that he shouldn't be played there.

blaze_of_glory

He's already shown he's effective on the wing, whatever skillset he may have or however he may play it. We were playing our best stuff this year with him there, and he was contributing.

Hard to drop Campbell at the moment though. Guess we'll see who Wenger prefers when other CMs are back.

Coolin

He's already shown he's effective on the wing, whatever skillset he may have or however he may play it. We were playing our best stuff this year with him there, and he was contributing.

Hard to drop Campbell at the moment though. Guess we'll see who Wenger prefers when other CMs are back.
We played our best stuff because that's when we had everyone fit. On the right he bagged like 1 assist and no goals in 10 games. As soon as we put him in the middle he became more productive again.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Campbell could play in the midfield, I think. A deep playmaker.

I wouldn't experiment now, of course. But in pre season...

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey at RW in reality is a wonky 4-2-2-2. Like so:

Cech
Bellerin-Per-Kosc-Monreal
Coquelin--Cazorla
Ramsey-----Özil-------
------Theo------Alexis

We were looking good with this, then everyone got injured.

blaze_of_glory

We played our best stuff because that's when we had everyone fit. On the right he bagged like 1 assist and no goals in 10 games. As soon as we put him in the middle he became more productive again.
Eh, he was contributing beyond goals and assists though. I think his play there was part of why we were playing well, honestly. And I think he did have a goal against Watford.. though maybe he was moved centrally when he scored it, can't remember.

Regardless, you're right that his production is much higher centrally, but his play there overall has been patchy to say the least. Really not convinced having him central is in the best interests of the team right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom