• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Leicester - Sunday 14.02.2016 - 12:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

law90026

Established Member
Watched the match and I was elated when Welbz flicked it in at the end. No respect for Vardy's simulation and I don't think Leicester were that amazing offensively even prior to that.

Credit to the boys for digging deep and not giving it up. My MOTM was Giroud, he worked his socks off, held the ball up well and that knockdown for Walcott was amazing.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Praising Vardy for going down yet slamming Alexis for asking the ref to book Simpson for his hundredth foul on him.......if they can't see the double standards there then I give up......

Then Murphy had to cheek to say Ramseys reaction was poor after Drinkwater tried to end his career, also then said Drinkwater was just trying to protect himself.......

:eek::eek:

samshere

Why so serieuse?
After watching that again and again, I feel if Welbeck hadn't got to it either Chambers or Giroud would of, that ball in from Özil tho is absolute quality.
TBH each time you watch it, you notice something different. Couple of things I noticed:
1. Özil looked absolutely knackered before that freekick, huffing and puffing. But still landed the ball on a sixpence, lends credence to the theory that he can assists goals in his sleep.
2. There was a Leicester defender(was it fuchs?) who gestured for the defenders to move higher up just before the freekick allowing us a free run on the goal. I'll never understand why defenders do thatEven if its a marginal offside no linesman would have the guts to take a call cancelling a season defining last minute goal. 9 times out of the 10 they are given in the favour of the attacking team. Even Arsenal have been guilty of this a couple of times

On an unrelated note this has got to be the longest matchday thread this reason, right? 136 pages, thats some kind of record.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
*In my best Arnold Rimmer voice* "Permission to look smug?". I was one of few guys praising Welbeck stating I was excited about him coming back and that he will have a positive impact on the rest of our games this season.

How bad was the officiating today? If it weren't for 'Dat Guy" then it would have cost us points.

- We were denied a stone wall penalty for the Kante intentional handball. Only for minutes later Atkinson to give a free kick against Alexis for hand ball in which the ball deflects straight off his foot onto his arm at pace.
- Morgan all over Özil just prior to the people already in which Monreal pulls his leg back before Vardy runs into him.
- The Giroud shirt pulling in their box.
- Simpson made 4 bookable challenges.
- Drinkwater challenge was reckless and dangerous.
- Mahrez should have been booked for diving.

Saikung

This is what the boys need to do, couldn't play well but made the important calls to win it , in the end, that's all that matters!

On a side note, i kinda get the point when people say vardy has every right to run into Monreal's leg. It made the referee think and it awarded them with a penalty. It's unsportsmanlike to do such a thing and it wasn't a penalty but these things happen.

A dive is much worse in my opinion

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I think it's part of the MOTD crew contract to discredit everything we do. We win against a top team 'Well, the other team were very unlucky, and had player X,Y & Z out injured'.

We lose and it's 'Oh that's why Arsenal hasn't won the league in donkey years or Arsenal team lack a true leader'. F*ck off

What can plonkers like Sherwood, Murphy and Carragher tell us about football? They were all average at best and even worse pundits.

I know they're desperate for Sp*rs to win it, but at least be discreet about it since you're on a NATIONAL TV and not the Sp*rs TV.

Maxim

This is what the boys need to do, couldn't play well but made the important calls to win it , in the end, that's all that matters!

On a side note, i kinda get the point when people say vardy has every right to run into Monreal's leg. It made the referee think and it awarded them with a penalty. It's unsportsmanlike to do such a thing and it wasn't a penalty but these things happen.

A dive is much worse in my opinion

To be honest, I struggle to see the actual difference in a dive and being "entitled to go down". Sure there's contact so it technically isn't a dive but he's choosing to go down to win a penalty.

No one is even mentioning that Vardy isn't remotely interested in the ball which goes off in a completely different direction to monreal.

General

Established Member
Welbeck was the best placed for the header and it couldn't have been more perfectly placed inside the net. I'm not sure the ball would've ended up at the back of the net had he missed and another one of our players got at the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom