• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Man Utd vs Arsenal - 28th February, 14:05, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Madrid are crap and have lost all their counter-attacking threat with Özil and Di Maria gone. Bale, James and Isco aren't a good fit, and not as good technically as the former two.

If it wasn't an admittance of failure, they'd love to have both back.

Chanberry

There is no system. That's the whole point. Our manager panic buys when the fans get mad enough or it looks like we really won't knick 4th place. That's our f*cking system. Do the bare minimum to keep him and Kroenke's ponzi scheme alive. Özil will break Henry's assist record with garbage around him so let's not say this is his level. Madrid would be damn sight better with him in their 11 let me tell you. He'd improve any team he went into so let's not use "failing" at Madrid as a barometer. They're psychos who don't care about building a team so much as having the most expensive toys. They're like Bizarro Arsenal. Sanchez has been shocking but he was run into the ground the last couple of years so I have a bit more patience with him.

Remember last season when we played Sanogo against Leicester away, after Giroud broke his foot.Had a mare.Then fans went berserk and he sort of forced himself to go after Danny.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Özil is brilliant but I see no reason why Madrid would go back in for him. Barca no. Don't know if Bayern want that profile of player, don't follow Bundesliga.

Sanchez is here for a while.
Put Özil in a healthy United team as currently constructed and they challenge for the league this year. Take Özil out of our team and we're probably where Chelsea are if not worse. He's had a hand in more than half of our goals. For anyone to be slating him is beyond me. He's been excellent. Wenger is the problem along with the dreck that he continues to put out on the pitch while we sit on a massive pile of money.

Batman

Remember last season when we played Sanogo against Leicester away, after Giroud broke his foot.Had a mare.Then fans went berserk and he sort of forced himself to go after Danny.
Exactly. After the 8-2 it was Mertesacker and Arteta. Somehow scraping 4th every season has really been our downfall. We haven't fallen far enough for real action to be taken. Next year will be the real test. We aren't getting top 4 next year. We'll be anywhere from 5th to 8th because again we won't spend and again we'll rely on crap and injury prone players. Then Wenger will either leave and someone else will come in and spend money or he'll stay and spend money and we'll either spiral like Liverpool have or pick ourselves up. My guess is if someone else is managing it will be the latter, if it's Wenger we'll spiral. He's finished and it's clear for all to see.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Özil and Sanchez are both safe. Cech too, because of his age.

Solid players, away from the gaze of the elite because they are covered. Also good enough to contribute to a very effective Arsenal side.

Supplementing these players with solid quality and good coaching could turn us into a very effective unit indeed. That coaching does not come from Wenger however, that is clear to see.

Wonder if the likes of Piksi, Favre, De Boer with a hungry yet able deputy (Arteta, Henry, Bergkamp, etc) would work here. Because that is probably the route we need to go I reckon.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
People criticizing Özil here need to get lost. Go post of a RAWK forum. He is our only legit player anymore and will probably (smartly) leave in the summer. We will replace him with some kid from the Icelandic league.

Haha so Özil is now exempt from criticism now?

We was playing against some kids today but how dare we analyse some things that are wrong with this team? Özil cannot be relied upon when we need him to take the game and get at defenders, Alexis usually does that but he's been horrible. A goal and an assist is great but it can't mask the general problems. For the record he's one of the last players i'd sell but we have to build a team around him somewhat if it's going to work.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Put Özil in a healthy United team as currently constructed and they challenge for the league this year. Take Özil out of our team and we're probably where Chelsea are if not worse. He's had a hand in more than half of our goals. For anyone to be slating him is beyond me. He's been excellent. Wenger is the problem along with the dreck that he continues to put out on the pitch while we sit on a massive pile of money.

He's brilliant but we usually finish 3/4th regardless of the personnel. Özil or no Özil.

Why are we not improving despite buying better players than we had a few years ago?

Why are we not improving despite buying better players than we had a few years ago?

Are we though?

I mean Sanchez and Özil are just replacing Fabregas and Persie in quality. Thing the quality is all the same as it was.

I think the problem could be that we refuse to spend on midfield and defense.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Bar cech, monreal, bellerin, sanchez and Özil the rest can go for me, every one of them are crap in their own indiviual way. At the end of the day if we are to challenge properly things need to change, its not going to get easier next season. If wenger is here next season we wont make top four then he will leave then were not attractive and have to pay over the nose for players. We wont have won a league title for 12 years this year and for me thats the worst part. Its over theres no comeback on this, no excuses none!!

Batman

Özil and Sanchez are both safe. Cech too, because of his age.

Solid players, away from the gaze of the elite because they are covered. Also good enough to contribute to a very effective Arsenal side.

Supplementing these players with solid quality and good coaching could turn us into a very effective unit indeed. That coaching does not come from Wenger however, that is clear to see.

Wonder if the likes of Piksi, Favre, De Boer with a hungry yet able deputy (Arteta, Henry, Bergkamp, etc) would work here. Because that is probably the route we need to go I reckon.
They're all excellent tactically. By virtue of that alone they would be a massive improvement. They would however need at least 100 million to spend on new players and then that could be supplemented by getting rid of Ramsey and Walcott.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Are we though?

I mean Sanchez and Özil are just replacing Fabregas and Persie in quality. Thing the quality is all the same as it was.

I think he means in terms of actually buying in the transfer market. But yeah you're right the quality is more or less the same but a little better now i'd say.

progman07

Established Member
There's no chance in hell we go away to any good side and smash them.
So true, we have not really 'smashed' a team in the last 2-3 years, nevermind away, against a rival. We only had like 3-4 convincing wins this season, we cannot dominate any top team.

We have only scored 4 or more goals ONCE in our last 40 (!) games, and it happened in September (against Leicester). We have been riding on the form of our defense until the end of December, and have been surviving only because our opponents also lost points since then. There have been huge problems with our attack in the last few years, and I do not trust Wenger to solve them, not in the transfer market and not in the dressing room as seen this season.

Batman

Are we though?

Well Cech is much better than all the other keepers we've had and Monreal and is better at left back. Bellerin is similar quality to Sagna albeit a different type of player. So really we've improved in 2 positions but I'd argue we've gone backwards in a couple as well. Ramsey is not fit to lick Nasri's boots and it hurts me to say that. I really don't think Coq is all that much better than Song was here. So we're maybe 1 player better while other teams have improved way more.

Chanberry

Have we played genuinely well for full 90 minutes in a single game this season?We don't even have an identity anymore.Can't keep the ball at all.Totally clueless in the final third.No third man running, no movement nothing.Only way we score these days is from the odd counterattack and set pieces.43 goals in 27 games tells you the whole story.As much as our defending gets stick, think our attack has been subpar for a while now.Last time we scored more than 2 goals per game in a season was 2009-10.Since then 67,74,72,68,71 goals

Batman

He's brilliant but we usually finish 3/4th regardless of the personnel. Özil or no Özil.

The other teams around us have continued to build and now the smaller clubs are buying more quality players as well. Think about it, Payet is every bit as good as Santi was his first season here. It makes it much harder to beat those smaller clubs when they're bringing in that sort of quality and we do nothing in a summer. It's also worth pointing out that Cesc and Judas were basically homegrown. The only player we've developed in recent times who could potentially get near that level is perpetually hurt so while we have bought 1 top quality player each of the last 4 summers we haven't had enough internal development to supplement us. We need to either drastically improve our academy yields or spend more. Ideally both but certainly not neither which is where we are now.

Chanberry

Wonder what the turnout is gonna be at The Emirates on Wednesday.I'm guessing there will be around 6-7k empty seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom