• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Man Utd vs Arsenal - 28th February, 14:05, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Not good enough plain and simple. Defensively a shambles, the CB's disorganised and Monreal was getting caught of position a number of times. Walcott and Alexis non existent. As for Ramsey where to start, didn't track Herrera, displayed poor control, too slow to release the ball and when did manage to pass to a teammate, it was normally playing a teammate into danger/pressure. Ramsey was also lucky not to get a red card.

Trying to look on the positive things; Özil and Welbeck played well and Coquelin and Bellerin were ok.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We should bring in all the players we need. We look disjointed as we are so I don't think a new group of strangers playing together from early in the season would adversely affect us. I think we are about 5 players short personally and we also need players like Zelalem, Hayden and Akpom to be able to fill in for us when needed.
I agree fully. In my mind we need a top striker, 2 new central midfielders, another wide player and a new central defender at minimum. We all know that we'll go into next season with basically the same squad though.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I agree fully. In my mind we need a top striker, 2 new central midfielders, another wide player and a new central defender at minimum. We all know that we'll go into next season with basically the same squad though.

Agree with the positions you've quoted. There's a lot to do but it won't take more money than we have to do it especially if we get rid of the deadwood.

Prawn Sandwich

How the hell did we score twice!?

We looked lethargic, devoid of ideas. Certainly not like title candidates.

That was shocking to watch today. Abysmal, no fight or desire.

Anders_Limpar

Not good enough plain and simple. Defensively a shambles, the CB's disorganised and Monreal was getting caught of position a number of times. Walcott and Alexis non existent. As for Ramsey where to start, didn't track Herrera, displayed poor control, too slow to release the ball and when did manage to pass to a teammate, it was normally playing a teammate into danger/pressure. Ramsey was also lucky not to get a red card.

Trying to look on the positive things; Özil and Welbeck played well and Coquelin and Bellerin were ok.

I agree with all of this except for the point about Özil. I thought he was very ordinary and I was disappointed by his performance today.

Le Professeur

Established Member
People slating Özil need to get their heads checked, he's the reason we're even in this race.

If we fail to win it this year (which we most likely will) and don't add considerable quality in summer he'll start thinking too, and rightly so.

How Soon Is Now

A lot of depressing talk in this thread, not that I am surprised. This was a game a lot of United fans were expecting to lose what with the depleted team and the shakey season... To lose is just horrific. Talk of Özil/Sanchez looking to leave makes this unbearable... Obviously who knows what will happen, but losing one of them would, for me, be the point of no return. We don't sign enough talent, and to lose the few top, top quality players that can and do make the difference for us is the start of a slippery slope. If they go, we're not bringing in the same talent to replace, we start the descent.

I feel this season is truly gone... Going forward, we need a change; sort out these attitudes we're starting day-in/day-out, stop rewarding players who do not perform with first team positions based on history or sentiment, and for god's sake GET SOME SIGNINGS. We need to put our key players in an environment where their creativity and talent is put to good use. We need players who are confident enough to go forward and not turn to make the empty, thoughtless, non-progressive pass. We need players who back themselves in front of the net and take the chances that fall to them.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I can't believe we're going to finish below Sp*ds. F*cking Sp*ds. I might resign from my job if that happens and look for another job in another planet.

I went to school and work with some of the most annoying Sp*ds! I don't think I can handle all the BS that they'll spew if they were to win the league.

Dear God please spare us from that catastrophe, and don't let that lot win the league. My life will forever be ruined...:(

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Haven't even finished catching up to this. Was in Amsterdam in the clouds while we were on the pitch giving what is reading as our worst performance of the season.

Back in November we went on a nasty little run when we didn't win for three games, drew at Sp**s and lost/drew with Norwich and West Brom.

A few of us said back then we wouldn't win the league because we showed a few warning signs that we would bottle it when the pressure really ramped up, of course we were laughed off as knee jerkers and what not.

It's been clear we weren't winning the title since November imo. Also called it on Gabriel being average, we don't do hidden gems anymore.

MoHaMed14

So true, we have not really 'smashed' a team in the last 2-3 years, nevermind away, against a rival. We only had like 3-4 convincing wins this season, we cannot dominate any top team.

We have only scored 4 or more goals ONCE in our last 40 (!) games, and it happened in September (against Leicester). We have been riding on the form of our defense until the end of December, and have been surviving only because our opponents also lost points since then. There have been huge problems with our attack in the last few years, and I do not trust Wenger to solve them, not in the transfer market and not in the dressing room as seen this season.

We went from Thierry - Dennis to Ade - RVP to Giroud - Theo. The latter two wouldn't get into any top quality team yet we rely on them week in week out.

progman07

Established Member
Wenger mentioning their spending... 'kin hell Arsène :(

I always hoped that he is bullsh*tting on press conferences just to keep it short, but does not believe what he says... I am not sure anymore. I am not expecting him to blame Ramsey's slow touches, or Giroud's lack of pace after a game, but these excuses are getting a bit over the top, especially after the summer we had.

How Soon Is Now

Foxes will win it im sure.

Which is still bad. A team one the other side of the table a year ago will win a title before Arsenal, a team consistently hoping for a title challenge. It highlights that we have issues beyond the names; there are attitude issues and tactical issues.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I don't think it's as easy as new signings. We've seen many different Arsenal teams over the past say ten years? Lots of lots of different players have made up those teams but they've all suffered from the same flaws, all have been mentally weak despite what we've been fed on the contrary by the manager. They have all folded under any kind of pressure.

There has to be something about the way they're training and being prepared. It just doesn't look like there is the necessary focus or intensity, all the photos and media that ever comes out just looks like they're all ****ing about. You don't mind all of that but not when match day comes around and they all look like they've been on the p*ss the night before.

You can't go ten years like we have with no progress and making the same mistakes without thinking something is actually very wrong with how we're operating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom