• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: North London Derby- Saturday 5th March, 12:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

easy Z

Today wasn't about titles, it was about showing these **** bastards that they will always be inferior to us.

Sp**s are average, but well drilled and have a fantastic striker. The end. We will finish ahead of them as usual. Such a shame Ramsey bottled it at the end though.

Then hopefully Wenger walks and the club might move forward.
As long as the club finish top 4 Wenger isn't walking anywhere.

It's a fukin shame...:(

Way I see it is we need to shed:
Rosicky, Flamini, Arteta, Mertesecker, Debuchy. Ramsey, Theo, Szczesny, Sanogo.

Our core team should be based on:
Cech, Bellerin, Kos, Monreal, Santi, Coq, Sanchez, Wilshere

That should be filled with:
Giroud, Welbeck, Campbell, Ox, Iwobi, Gabriel, Ospina, Gibbs, Chambers, El Neny
Think on balance I'd prefer if Özil got a game.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

When he plays on the right, he starts to play like a second striker but he rarely laces it, shoots side footed with very little power.

If it goes in, you think the keeper could have done better. Remember his first goal for us in the UCL?

For a change though, he's better on the right.
I do a scuffed low powered bouncing shot. An imperfect perfect shot.

The keeper should do better as someone whose done nets though I know from experience those shots are difficult. You have to account for the pace the angle and the bounce. It's at an ideal height to be saved with your foot but you cannot change the rebound so you have to claim it because it's an "easy" shot.

To often we go for the perfect finish.

Bounce-Back-Ability

I do a scuffed low powered bouncing shot. An imperfect perfect shot.

The keeper should do better as someone whose done nets though I know from experience those shots are difficult. You have to account for the pace the angle and the bounce. It's at an ideal height to be saved with your foot but you cannot change the rebound so you have to claim it because it's an "easy" shot.

To often we go for the perfect finish.
Thanks for the keepers insight! (No sarcasm)

I didn't say it was ineffective, just that a top keeper like De Gea would make it, I feel.

Bashii

Just wanted to chip in with a nod to Bellerin.

Obviously 2 great assists can't go unnoticed but his play on the ball has become very very solid. A constant outlet for Merte and makes good forward passes over and over. Looks very calm in tight situations even close to our box. Great engine, always attacking and dependable defending even with this shaky back 4.

I'd go as far as saying his last 2 performances have been world class. Let's hope he's still here next year.

Also thought Eleneny was very good. Giving us a good tempo in midfield by getting the ball to Alexis as fast as possible, especially when down to 10 men.

Mr Drummond

Has anyone else noticed that 4 of the last 6 goals Sp**s have scored against us at WHL have come from right corner of the 6 yard box? All in pretty much the exact same spot as well. Even that Kane shot that was inches from going in came from there. Not sure if it's a deliberate ploy or just a symptom of our abject zonal marking.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Thanks for the keepers insight! (No sarcasm)

I didn't say it was ineffective, just that a top keeper like De Gea would make it, I feel.
As @celestis said he is a top keeper. It should have been a comfortable save but a tricky one none the less.

My general point is it's good to see us hitting shots like that. Our shots to frequently are the striking equivalent of "the keeper done that for the cameras".looks nice on TV but but probably not the most effective way of dealing with it.

Chanberry

NLD produces the best quality football among all derbies in the PL.Der klassiker IMO has been providing the best football overall in the last few season though.Absolute joy to watch.The control under pressure, the pass and move, the movement off the ball.Just brilliant.Should have watched it last night.Foolishly went for Watford v Leicester.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Has anyone else noticed that 4 of the last 6 goals Sp**s have scored against us at WHL have come from right corner of the 6 yard box? All in pretty much the exact same spot as well. Even that Kane shot that was inches from going in came from there. Not sure if it's a deliberate ploy or just a symptom of our abject zonal marking.

Yeah I have , Kane was waiting again from a set piece when he smashed it against Ospina just as he was last year and Oompa Loompa was waiting there for the first goal as well . I would say it is a deliberate ploy .

Stumped

In the league cup match this season Kane had a bicycle kick cleared off the line from that same spot from a corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom