• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: North London Derby- Saturday 5th March, 12:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Per was at fault for Kane's goal. That was absolutely naive of him to play for a goal kick rather than smash it against one of those Scums in the face for a throw in.

When our most experienced defender makes such a basic error, what hope is there for a young and inexperienced player like Bellerin?

He has to be replaced in the summer with a defender than can play football. Sick and tired of watching players panicking every time the ball is passed to them.

He was robbed by Kane in the first half as well after another poor first touch which could've easily led to the inbred scoring from another defensive **** up from us.

crazyman

Think you need to differentiate between first choice and backup. We need a first choice CB, RW and CF. CM and DM can be second choice as long as the CM is a ball playing one.

No, Coq is a good player but he is not top quality, we can improve that position definitely.

And Santi's absence shows us how much we need another top quality, technical CM either along side him or competing.

I only see Cech, Bellerin, Kos, Monreal, Santi, Sanchez and Özil as first team starters in a team that would win the PL and challenge for the CL.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I think I agree with Claude that Coq should be fined, he was very undisciplined during the game, not just in the situations he was carded.

Last edited:

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Absolutely - to do what he did was inexcusable but typical of Arsène's boys. ****ing immature and dimwitted!
Yeah, the way he celebrated the goal was stupid too, on a card; taunting the fans way too hard, the refs take notice of that, at least save it for when the game is more or less won.

The less said the better, but a fine for lacking discipline on the field for once would be nice, not just for having a smoke in the showers or whatever.

Gooner_girl14

Per was at fault for Kane's goal. That was absolutely naive of him to play for a goal kick rather than smash it against one of those Scums in the face for a throw in.

When our most experienced defender makes such a basic error, what hope is there for a young and inexperienced player like Bellerin?

He has to be replaced in the summer with a defender than can play football. Sick and tired of watching players panicking every time the ball is passed to them.

He was robbed by Kane in the first half as well after another poor first touch which could've easily led to the inbred scoring from another defensive **** up from us.

Yeah, we are just too casual on the ball sometimes. Very strange to have that attitude considering how poor we've been this year. All our CBs are now quite error prone or likely to make rash or just plain braindead challenges/decisions.

General

Established Member
Coquelin was very solid in the first half and bailed out Per and Gabrielle a lot. He was our most effective player and stemmed a lot of Tottenham's attack when we kept losing possession. The red card was inexcusable and recall Eboue doing much worse in the same Derby a few seasons ago. As some have mentioned he's been due a red card for some time because of his combative style and it just came at a very bad moment. He will learn from it. The moment he went off, Per and Gabrielle became a nervous wreck. Two goals in two minutes painted a perfect picture of what our season has become and how far away we are from a title winning side.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Thought we won the FA Cup last year, and the year before?
Well I guess City should consider their season a success now that they've won their Carling. It's silverware, after all.
FA Cups are cherries, not the cake. THE LEAGUE! That's the goal and the aim. It's only when you've no chance of winning it that you console yourself with an FA.

Would any of us care if we never won an FA cup again if we were guaranteed a league cup every 3 years? Or a champions league in the next 5 years? I doubt it.

Mastadon

Established Member
I'm really pissed off with Coq but I'm not going to crucify him. He did an incredibly stupid thing in a huge game and cost us the win but he's still a good player who has been vital for us since he came back into the team. If he learns from this and continues improving he's going to be important for us.

The biggest problem is I'm not sure Wenger is the manager to sort him out. If he was playing for Utd under Fergie away to City in such a critical match and he did something as stupid as this, he would be fearing for his life the moment he saw red. Fergie would absolutely slaughter him you would even be feeling sorry for him getting sent off because you know what was coming.

Wilshere's Right

No, Coq is a good player but he is not top quality, we can improve that position definitely.

And Santi's absence shows us how much we need another top quality, technical CM either along side him or competing.

I only see Cech, Bellerin, Kos, Monreal, Santi, Sanchez and Özil as first team starters in a team that would win the PL and challenge for the CL.

I disagree. You don't need everyone to be WC. Coq is solid (most of the time).

Way I see it is we need to shed:
Rosicky, Flamini, Arteta, Mertesecker, Debuchy. Ramsey, Theo, Szczesny, Sanogo.

Our core team should be based on:
Cech, Bellerin, Kos, Monreal, Santi, Coq, Sanchez, Wilshere

That should be filled with:
Giroud, Welbeck, Campbell, Ox, Iwobi, Gabriel, Ospina, Gibbs, Chambers, El Neny

We need to bring in:
CB, RW, ST (to start/swap with the core). Ideally and (un)realistically, Fekir, PEA and a CB (not sure who).

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Just watched the highlights hungover to the ****.

Ramsey was sensational.

Alexis' finish was a thing of beauty. We've said for weeks our finishes are to clean, trying to often to hit the perfect side footed shot. If that was a perfect finish Lloris saves it comfortably because it was scuffed it goes in.

Edit. @Wilshere's Right no team should be based on Wilshere.

Bounce-Back-Ability

When our players were crowding the ref to tell him that Dier should be sent off, Mertesacker actually came over and told our players to stop crowding him.

Unbelievable, we're too nice.
Have to and was good captaincy.
Giroud should have made a meal of it to get him sent off but thats it.

Its a PL ruling to not have more than 3 players to crowd the referee (correct the number if im wrong though)
We could face sanctions if not followed.

Giroud didn't make all that much of a fuss and thats that.

Bounce-Back-Ability

Just watched the highlights hungover to the ****.

Ramsey was sensational.

Alexis' finish was a thing of beauty. We've said for weeks our finishes are to clean, trying to often to hit the perfect side footed shot. If that was a perfect finish Lloris saves it comfortably because it was scuffed it goes in.

Edit. @Wilshere's Right no team should be based on Wilshere.
When he plays on the right, he starts to play like a second striker but he rarely laces it, shoots side footed with very little power.

If it goes in, you think the keeper could have done better. Remember his first goal for us in the UCL?

For a change though, he's better on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom