• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal - 16.03.2016, BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I hated Rio with passion while at Man Utd, but he's gained my respect since he's joined the BT crew. The only pundit on BT team that has shown class & fairness regardless whether we're playing against Utd or not.

Ian Wright giggled at Linker's childish joke about the aggregate score which was so disappointing, but I did not hear any sound from Rio. Also he was saying words of encouragement throughout, even though deep inside he knew (just like most us did) that we were up against it.

I'm just disappointed at the lack of professionalism these guys consistently display against Arsenal which begs the question is BT a rival club's channel with its cheerleaders as its pundits or a public channel that even has thousands of Arsenal fans as a customer?

I would've canceled if I was a subscriber, but I'm not and I never will be.

I don't think you need to take anything so personally. During the Invincible days the media would wax lyrical about us...I remember Alan Hanson saying that they were the best english team he'd ever seen.

The truth is we have become a bit of a joke, everyone knows it. We're mentally weak, soft and bottlers. I remember how we bottled the League cup in 2011...Birmingham FFS... I don 't need to make this anymore depressing we all know the the various examples of bottling, glourious defeats and playing well when we have nothing to play for.

We just have to suck it up, until things get good again.

Realist

This result was very close to my prediction (which was 2-1) to be honest I feel the scoreline dosen't reflect the effort we put into the match. Still atleast that match is overwith, the sooner this trainwreck of a season is over the better.

Stumped

Ferdinand can't sit on the high horse given he was one of the main instigators to lead the disdain and downing tools under Moyes.

Scholes, however much a simpleton he is on tv, had 20 years of greatness and got out at the right time. There's no grey mark on his record.

McManaman is fair towards Arsenal and doesn't hold grudges/agendas. I get frustrated at Wrighty more to do with how he'll criticise the manager/culture of the club but when asked a yes/no question he refuses to commit either way.

Balance is key

This result was very close to my prediction (which was 2-1) to be honest I feel the scoreline dosen't reflect the effort we put into the match. Still atleast that match is overwith, the sooner this trainwreck of a season is over the better.

It doesnt reflect the quality of barcelona either, they had a few more gears if it had been necessary, we could have been hammered if it wasn't a friendly for them

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Who was the play that failed to find Özil when he was in acres of space on the edge of their box? That was disastrous. Özil was pretty much 5m clear of everyone for a good 10 seconds.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Who was the play that failed to find Özil when he was in acres of space on the edge of their box? That was disastrous. Özil was pretty much 5m clear of everyone for a good 10 seconds.
Alexis i think was, when i watched the highlight i saw that chance Özil was clear and unmarked but Alexis pass it to Iwobi.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Just watched the highlights and we created more chances than we could ever have dreamed of.

So many shooting opportunities and promising positions where we either blazed it over or screwed the shot wide. We didn't test their keeper anywhere near as much as we should've and it cost us.

raag

Just woke up from sleep over here.

Looking back, the positives we have were

1) Elneny looked great. Crisp passing. Didn't show any fear for the opposition. Played sensibly and calmly. And what a shot for the goal.

2) ospina saved well what he could. It could have been much worse I think if szczesny were in goal

3) Monreal kept a lid on messi through most of the game

4) That iwobi kid

Negatives

1) Alexis. Apart from that one run, didn't show any of the usual quality he has and many times he could have shot he didn't. And when he did he was poor.

2) arsenal are currently the equivalent of 16 year old me: can't score any no matter how many chances were given

3) Girouds wonderful pre assist to Messi

Hopefully we keep the same lineup for Saturday. Except Coq in for flamster and Mert for Gab. If we can get a win, maybe, just maybe, we can put some pressure on Leicester. I still believe they'll drop points. The gap is very bignow though

Aevi

Hale End FC
Couldn't watch last night because life, but I'm beautiful this morning (as as I always am) thank you very much. :lol:
Don't doubt it, that was one hell of a comeback!

Coman has been immense for Bayern this season, and his hype just went through the roof with that game! Wish they would donate a winger or two to us, they seem to have enough with Robben, Ribery, Costa, Coman, and Muller. Would gladly take any!

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Coman has been immense for Bayern this season, and his hype just went through the roof with that game! Wish they would donate a winger or two to us, they seem to have enough with Robben, Ribery, Costa, Coman, and Muller. Would gladly take any!

It was a great great match! Both teams were glorious. I enjoyed watching the whole thing (not knowing the result) this morning.
Coman is a star, and the fact that he scored against his former team is just icing on the cake.

You want wingers from Bayern, I want Juventus' manager. I need Allegri at Arsenal.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well said, mate.
100% down to Arsène Wenger. Some of the players seem disinterested and not looking to put their body on the line for the cause. Compare that with for example, Mourinho. I'd say he's an average manager but an world class motivator. That makes a difference throughout the course of the season.

Can't agree. I actually think Mourinho is a terrible motivator. In the long term at least. He's too egotistical. He has only ever won trophies with players who are serial winners already. Pains me to say it but it's clearly Fergie who was able to get the best out of average squad players. Pochettino and Simeone are the closest I've seen.

As for Wenger, he is guilty of two things: i) failing to raise the bar for limited players like Giroud, Walcott etc and ii) reacting too slowly to burnout /fatigue leading to injuries.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Coman has won a league title in every season of his professional career - at PSG, Juve and Bayern. He's exactly the kind of player Wenger would've signed under the radar in the past before he became obsessed with this British core.

On a side note - with Greizmann, Benzema, Martial, Coman, Matuidi, Pogba, Kanté etc France on home soil have to be strong faves for the Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom