• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2015/2016

Vibe

To be fair, even back then we had a reputation for taking our foot off the gas at times, but there was a time at Arsenal during the golden 01-04 era when we absolutely killed teams off in the first 20 mins of games and killed their spirit before half time was even close. That 2002-03 season is a mystery in terms of the relative lack of sucess in comparison to the previous and preceding seasons respectively.
Good point. I wouldn't argue with that.

There are different types of winners in football and more often than not the manager will impart his personal drive to the winners in his team. For Wenger, it's superciliousness and attacking-oriented excellence.

When enough of both are found in members of your squad, you get to annihilate your opponents and you also get to concede sloppy goals. They are two sides of the same coin and I can appreciate that much.

Everything changed for the worse when Wenger stop being the alpha male and let a whiny fruit tart name Cesc Fabregas dictated the future of this great Football Club. Wenger, us and our dog knew that this piece of **** would **** off to Barcelona one day and why in the name of **** did we bend over again and again just to accommodate that ****er till we lost sight of the importance of winners in a winning side.

We need a ****ing manager who can find and lead strong men, not the one who tries to create his dream football out of his players. The charismatic Wenger is gone and what's left of him isn't going to get us anywhere.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
So many players that aren't good enough. Everyone agrees we need another CB, DM, RW, CF. But in my opinion we also need better fullbacks. Bellerin's too one dimensional and Monreal's too bland.

LordBendtner

tbh Fullbacks are supposed to be bland, its in the positions nature. I dont think our problem consist in the fullbacks. The problem is our abysmal spine of donkey centerbacks, sidewaypassing DM's and strikers who couldnt score for thei lives.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Our problem is our attack, it has been for many seasons. Özil & Alexis are the only 2 players we have that are good enough to form part of our attack. We need a top top CF, Winger who can score goals & a creative midfielder to help out Özil.

Players like Iwobi have done well and may have a great future but should he be in the starting 11? probably not, he is in because we dont have the quality we need in the squad. Welbeck certainly shoudn't be a starter but again, he's in because Giroud is out of favour. Reality is, neither of them should be our CF. As for Walcott, well, the sooner he's gone the better.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We need to ditch our "give players freedom" system. Leicester, Tottenham, and even Atletico in the CL are showing us up with well-drilled performances which outclass us in team effort. If we were to play like Tottenham (which we already closely do, except for their roles are more defined), I would see many of our players like Ramsey improve.

I think it would work if only Özil would be allowed to drift around at will, going between second striker (which he seems to do more and more, look at the 1st goal vs West Ham) and midfielder. The rest need to follow stricter operations and have more defined purposes, which should also promote team values.

x
Bellerin - x - x - x
x - x - Özil
x - x - Sanchez

Bellerin survives because I think he is talented and has a character.

The whole rest of them are either to old or gutless, and failers of football.

Jack the lad

x
Bellerin - x - x - x
x - x - Özil
x - x - Sanchez

I agree with you but i think we can realisticly only buy 3-4 players this summer that would walk straight into our starting xl for the money available(realisticly). I would focus on a DLP and a starting winger, Striker.

I think Arteta,Flamini,Rosiscky are all gone. Then we need to sell Walcott(20m),Chamberlain(25m),Jenkinsson(8m),Campbell(10m), Gnabry(2m), Debuchy(3m), Gibbs(10m) in order to raise funds. that can get us 75m quid. We have maybe 60m quid left after we extend with Özil and Sanchez. So 135m quid in spending. I think we need to add more attacking/midfield quality to stand a chance of winning something.
In:
Fekir(as leftwing playmaker/can play striker as well) This guy is something special . 25m
Granit Xhaka(deel lying playermaker, we have lacked one since Viera. He is no slouch when it comes to defending and stands tall at almost 190cm. That would mean we dont have to play Giroud for extra defense protection in sit pieces. He is also a captain at his club, which is overachieving at the moment. He does not take **** from anyone) 28m.
Jordan Amavi(he is recovering from injury at Aston villa, but he is a real quality player and we dont get a better opportunity than now to pick a quality left back up on the cheap) 5m
I think we need to focus on our midfield and offensive quality mainly so we need to throw everything at getting the best players possible there.
That leaves us with up to 77m(100m EUR), Dortmund Ceo has said that they would have to sell Aubemeyang for that amount.
We would have to get one of Pierre Emerick Aubameyang/Gonzalo Higuain/Antoine Griezmann/Paulo Dybala

Cech
Bellerin(HG) - Koschielny - Chambers(HG) - Amavi
Wilshere(HG)/Cazorla - Xhaka* - Özil
Fekir* - Aubemeyang* - Sanchez

The second team is good enough
Ospina
Coquelin(HG) - Gabriel - Mertesacker - Monreal
Elneny - Ramsey(HG)- Cazorla/Wilshere
Iwobi(HG) - Giroud - Wele(HG)

Other players:Martinez, Jeff, Akpom(HG), Biliek. and the youngsters in general.

I agree with you but i think we can realisticly only buy 3-4 players this summer that would walk straight into our starting xl for the money available(realisticly). I would focus on a DLP and a starting winger, Striker.

I think Arteta,Flamini,Rosiscky are all gone. Then we need to sell Walcott(20m),Chamberlain(25m),Jenkinsson(8m),Campbell(10m), Gnabry(2m), Debuchy(3m), Gibbs(10m) in order to raise funds. that can get us 75m quid. We have maybe 60m quid left after we extend with Özil and Sanchez. So 135m quid in spending. I think we need to add more attacking/midfield quality to stand a chance of winning something.
In:
Fekir(as leftwing playmaker/can play striker as well) This guy is something special . 25m
Granit Xhaka(deel lying playermaker, we have lacked one since Viera. He is no slouch when it comes to defending and stands tall at almost 190cm. That would mean we dont have to play Giroud for extra defense protection in sit pieces. He is also a captain at his club, which is overachieving at the moment. He does not take **** from anyone) 28m.
Jordan Amavi(he is recovering from injury at Aston villa, but he is a real quality player and we dont get a better opportunity than now to pick a quality left back up on the cheap) 5m
I think we need to focus on our midfield and offensive quality mainly so we need to throw everything at getting the best players possible there.
That leaves us with up to 77m(100m EUR), Dortmund Ceo has said that they would have to sell Aubemeyang for that amount.
We would have to get one of Pierre Emerick Aubameyang/Gonzalo Higuain/Antoine Griezmann/Paulo Dybala

Cech
Bellerin(HG) - Koschielny - Chambers(HG) - Amavi
Wilshere(HG)/Cazorla - Xhaka* - Özil
Fekir* - Aubemeyang* - Sanchez

The second team is good enough
Ospina
Coquelin(HG) - Gabriel - Mertesacker - Monreal
Elneny - Ramsey(HG)- Cazorla/Wilshere
Iwobi(HG) - Giroud - Wele(HG)

Other players:Martinez, Jeff, Akpom(HG), Biliek. and the youngsters in general.

Yeah I was just trying to state my anger at most of the players. Huge let down this season.

I think we will realistically sign 2 players in the summer. Which won't be enough and we will again be chasing the other teams next season and finding new ways to frustrate our fans.

But good post anyways from you!

Jack the lad

Yeah I was just trying to state my anger at most of the players. Huge let down this season.

I think we will realistically sign 2 players in the summer. Which won't be enough and we will again be chasing the other teams next season and finding new ways to frustrate our fans.

But good post anyways from you!

Yes, probably and wenger will probably not sell the underperforming players. But if we would have a 60m budget+ what we sell. What would you do?

LordBump

I would spend the 60m on a striker. All of it !
GOALS WIN YOU GAMES, as simple as that !

Then i'd try to sell and replace current under performers, or surplus players.
Walcott, Ramsey, Campbell, Jenkinson, Ox

Cech, Ospina
Bellerin, JENKINSON REPLACEMENT
Koscielny, Mertesacker, Chambers, Gabriel
Monreal, Gibbs
Coquelin, Elneny
Wilshere, RAMSEY REPLACEMENT
Özil, Cazorla
Alexis, OX REPLACEMENT
60m STRIKER,
Giroud, Wellbeck
THEO REPLACEMENT, CAMPBELL REPLACEMENT

+ Iwobi and other young crew coming through

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We need to ditch our "give players freedom" system. Leicester, Tottenham, and even Atletico in the CL are showing us up with well-drilled performances which outclass us in team effort. If we were to play like Tottenham (which we already closely do, except for their roles are more defined), I would see many of our players like Ramsey improve.

I think it would work if only Özil would be allowed to drift around at will, going between second striker (which he seems to do more and more, look at the 1st goal vs West Ham) and midfielder. The rest need to follow stricter operations and have more defined purposes, which should also promote team values.
I agree - personally I think you can allow freedom of expression but not without structure. Wenger is clearly a fan of Saachi's football philosophy, but Saachi's teams (particularly AC Milan during late 80s/early 90s) had a level of organization that was unparalled at the time. You can see it with the fluidity that Wenger tries to conjure in his teams.

Wenger is probably the most overambitious and avant-garde of managers of his era in the grand scheme of things - nobody is crazy enough to set-up a football team the way he often does, particularly his later career 2005-onwards. All early accounts of Wenger paint him as an obsessive tactician, but somewhere between Monaco and his time at Arsenal, he obviously chose to eschew that for a game full of freedom and adventure. I don't think anyone could have foreseen the repetitive nature of our continued downfalls over the last few years, but the pattern is symptomatic of an inherent lack of structure and acknowledgement of the changing tide of football. Wenger's style does change over time - just very slowly and gradually. By the time the change occurs, football has already moved on.

You cannot allow the type of freedom that Wenger allows without some type of framework to accompany it. We are seeing it with how Ranieri and Pochettino are getting the best out of their teams and setting them up accordingly. The balance in Tottenham's midfield is incredible - it's very narrow, yet because of how the team is set-up, it works.......in the PL at least. We've seen how effective our team can be with even the most minimal of discipline and structure complete with a tactical plan. Wenger is capable - which makes this scenario all the more disappointing.

The need for structure and organisation is a strong one, and we don't even have to sacrifice freedome to do it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
x
Bellerin - x - x - x
x - x - Özil
x - x - Sanchez

Kos and Nacho would grace any team. If you look at their stats on Squawka they're very good. Maybe Cech, although that was a poor attempt against Crystal Palace. After that we're struggling for standout players.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Guys, I just realized something, we don't have to buy a striker, come next season Sanogo will be back from his loan and everything will be fine.

LordBump

I'm guessing a lot is going to depend on wether we can sell Walcott this season.
Not sure if he wants to go given his wages, and he doesn't strike me as a character who would rather play week in week out over money.

I see Ox being the opposite. He will go and he'll explode under a structured manager.

Priorities for me are.......

1. That big shiny striker, spend a lot
2. A first team DM/CM
3. Sell Walcott and replace with first team wide player
4. Look for second string RB
5. Keep an eye out for a CB

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

say yes

forum master baiter
Leicester are a bit of an anomaly tbh. All very well playing counter attacking football but they've been incredibly clinical/made barely any mistakes at the back.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How the **** is Cech's position being questioned here? :lol:
@hydrofluoric acid.
Problem by and large isn't the players.
Exactly. We can say this player and that player aren't up to it, but when Leicester have just shat on the premiership with the squad they've got, you look at the manager.

Leicester. LEICESTER, have just easily won the league with their squad...

This thread should be ****ing closed for a rethink, with all opinions and decisions on our players, pending.

The truth of the mater is we don't actually know what we have with Wenger in charge. That much is a certainty.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom