• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2015/2016

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Leicester are a bit of an anomaly tbh. All very well playing counter attacking football but they've been incredibly clinical/made barely any mistakes at the back.
Anomaly or not, (I dont know how anyone can say this is possible--particularly when they go on to outline exactly what they did right, game after game, all season long...) you saying that has nothing at all to do with the guy in charge? Was it luck?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Falls into too old category although I reckon he can do a job for one or two seasons. It was more put in anger after some game that frustrated the living hell out of me.
I think he had two bad games all season, where he was definitely at fault for goals. I think you'll find DeGea and Neuer have done the same this season. Cech has been fantastic on the whole. Won us at least 8 points imo.

I think he had two bad games all season, where he was definitely at fault for goals. I think you'll find DeGea and Neuer have done the same this season. Cech has been fantastic on the whole. Won us at least 8 points imo.

Yeah I agree, this was I think after one of his bad game.

I'm just angry. It doesn't show here on AM but I actually start breaking stuff again few weeks ago. Hadn't done that at all since FIFA 2015 came out, what a ****ing scripted game that was. I'm not even gonna talk about it.

say yes

forum master baiter
Anomaly or not, (I dont know how anyone can say this is possible--particularly when they go on to outline exactly what they did right, game after game, all season long...) you saying that has nothing at all to do with the guy in charge? Was it luck?

Huh? Wenger has ****ed up massively this season, no one other than Makingsoulfulhousetrax would deny that and I want the guy sacked (and I was one of his biggest defenders on here before this season).

That doesn't change the fact that - statistically, Leicester have been a massive anomaly. They've converted an unnatural number of their chances etc.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That doesn't change the fact that - statistically, Leicester have been a massive anomaly. They've converted an unnatural number of their chances etc.

Forget the stats. They're clouding what you've seen with your own eyes.
I don't believe that's possible. It doesn't make sense.

Defensive organisation and execution; a midfield that worked like a dream, with a great DMF in ther that gets all over the place; a striker and a winger who both look high class. Add to that, spirit and belief that the manager has unquestionably played his part in--not to mention tactics!

But the 'chance conversion' stat renders all that meaningless? :lol:

That chance conversion stat is a product of everything else working well. The chances they've created have been good chances, and they've had good players taking them well.

say yes

forum master baiter
I don't believe that's possible. It doesn't make sense.

Defensive organisation and execution; a midfield that worked like a dream, with a great DMF in ther that gets all over the place; a striker and a winger who both look high class. Add to that, spirit and belief that the manager has unquestionably played his part in--not to mention tactics!

But the 'chance conversion' stat renders all that meaningless? :lol:

That chance conversion stat is a product of everything else working well. The chances they've created have been good chances, and they've had good players taking them well.

It makes complete sense. Do you think Leicester are favourites for the title next season? No, because they've over performed this season.

Not going to bother explaining xG but Leicester are about 4th in the league on that (top 4 is us/Sp**s/City/Leicester). The stats back up that Leicester have been amazing this season - they don't say best in the league.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It makes complete sense. Do you think Leicester are favourites for the title next season? No, because they've over performed this season.

Not going to bother explaining xG but Leicester are about 4th in the league on that (top 4 is us/Sp**s/City/Leicester). The stats back up that Leicester have been amazing this season - they don't say best in the league.
I know you've just said the opposite but please expand? Always see people mentioning xG.

say yes

forum master baiter
I know you've just said the opposite but please expand? Always see people mentioning xG.

It's an attempt to quantify how many good chances a team creates/concedes. Here's a decent overview on it: http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...tistics-expected-goals-michael-caley-deadspin

Lots of stuff on the Opta website about it: http://www.optasportspro.com/about/interesting-links/?tag=Expected Goals

Analysis of our season:
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/...-colin-trainor-on-arsenal-expected-goals.html

Arsène has mentioned it:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't believe Leicester have 'over-performed'. They've simply performed. If you set out to execute something, and then achieve it, with all the factors involved, you can't say it's over-achieving.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Their Premier League title says that. I'm sure you think Athletico are a flash in the pan as well. The way they both play they create few chances but quality chances.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If Wenger speaks about it, it's an excuse. I heard him mention something about it in the presser for City... That should tell you it's bollocks.

say yes

forum master baiter
I don't believe Leicester have 'over-performed'. They've simply performed. If you set out to execute something, and then achieve it, with all the factors involved, you can't say it's over-achieving.

From one of the links I posted. Just one of many examples:

While Leicester have graced this season with scintillating performances and tremendous attacking speed, the numbers suggest they have come out on the right side of a few matches that could easily have gone against them. One example of this was their 1-0 win at Tottenham Hotspur in January.

This was explained by James Yorke, in his most recent weekly review of the Barclays Premier League. Yorke (@jair1970) said Leicester's opponents have, since the halfway point of the season, scored less than 4% of their shots. This conversion rate of their opponents’ shots is lower than any BPL team have enjoyed over a half season since the beginning of the 2010/11 season.

say yes

forum master baiter
Their Premier League title says that. I'm sure you think Athletico are a flash in the pan as well. The way they both play they create few chances but quality chances.

No? Atletico have the best defence in Europe - they concede the fewest big chances.

Leicester concede big chances, their opponents have failed to convert them - there's a difference.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's an attempt to quantify how many good chances a team creates/concedes. Here's a decent overview on it: http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...tistics-expected-goals-michael-caley-deadspin

Lots of stuff on the Opta website about it: http://www.optasportspro.com/about/interesting-links/?tag=Expected Goals

Analysis of our season:
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/...-colin-trainor-on-arsenal-expected-goals.html

Arsène has mentioned it:
Great stats and superb analysis. Thanks for that. Not really what people on here want to see though. Giroud our most efficient striker. Our tactics better than Leicesters to give more scoring opportunities. Sanchez, Özil, Walcott letting us down by missing chances they really should have scored. Leicester taking chances they've no right to score. Just wondering if all that objective analysis has changed your mind.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

The stats do bear out what @Gooner n Proud and myself have seen with our own eyes and have been saying for some time. Wenger's been doing his job but the strikers haven't.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The stats do bear out what @Gooner n Proud and myself have seen with our own eyes and have been saying for some time. Wenger's been doing his job but the strikers haven't.
Hahaha, what's this, comedy hour? We failed to win the league again, so you make up another excuse why. Excuse after excuse. There will always be a ****ing reason why, when you have a failure in charge. They find NEW reasons every year! Dont be forced to swallow that sh!t man! Think for yourself.

dysphoria

Established Member

It's wenger's job to MAKE SURE those strikers are doing their job. If they aren't/can't, it's ALSO his job to replace or reinforce. He did ****all.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom