• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Madness- Summer 2016

Will the #madness happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajay_rajan80

Believes everything he reads on Twitter
I'll be happy with any striker atm,i don't want to go into another season only with giroud.Giroud is good but his game is pretty one dimensional and we need someone else to compliment him.

AVENTUS

Something will turn eventually somebody out of the blue at least we're in for a striker that is a fact. Wenger will surely have his eye on a few more CF.

Malky

Established Member
With the shortage of top strikers and many big clubs looking to sign one it will take a miracle for us to sign PEA. It could be done but not by Wenger.
True, but its still anyone's guess as what clubs we would face competition from, as right now (I would guess) it is only City and possibly PSG.
Would Real Madrid sign him when Zidane is there and him being a fan of Benzema? Barca don't need him, other clubs probably cant afford him and Chelsea would likely need to sell Costa first.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
If Wenger really really wanted a striker this summer he could get one.

It's Wenger vs his principles from here on out.

ajay_rajan80

Believes everything he reads on Twitter
Something will turn eventually somebody out of the blue at least we're in for a striker that is a fact. Wenger will surely have his eye on a few more CF.
We have been looking for a striker from last 2-3 seasons.Higuain,Suarez,Benzema etc and we all know how it ends.

Lyrix7z-x

For the past 2-3 years i've been thinking to myself that i should post more often on this forum, but then i saw people actually rooting for us to sign a sub-level player like Vardy and i thought to myself **** it, all hope is lost. I can already see Wenger bringing someone talented yet unproven who will need time to adjust and people tell you next summer who good we would have been if we just signed him..

oh, he won't repeat his heroics from last season so that won't actually happen.

spartandre217

Established Member
Re: Vardy.

What an embarrassment. Typical amateur hour by Arsenal. If you want a player you give him an offer he can't refuse. Once again, Arsenal penny pinch and are left red-faced.

You don't hand a 29 year old player a massive & long contract, especially when they've been demonstrably dependent on their physical traits. You guys seem to forget Rooney signing on at 28 going on 29 in 2013/14 only to completely fall apart within 6 months. But hey... What do I know.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
For the past 2-3 years i've been thinking to myself that i should post more often on this forum, but then i saw people actually rooting for us to sign a sub-level player like Vardy and i thought to myself **** it, all hope is lost. I can already see Wenger bringing someone talented yet unproven who will need time to adjust and people tell you next summer who good we would have been if we just signed him..

oh, he won't repeat his heroics from last season so that won't actually happen.
Congratulations.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Well Vardy played his cards amazingly. Got a 4 year contract at LFC with almost similar wages which he would have gotten here. I think we couldn't have done anything else to bring him in.

I also believe that he and Leicester should crash and burn next year.

TheLawOfDiQ

I don't mind Vardy not coming, I'm just annoyed that we waited for his decision before looking for someone else. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we ended up not signing another striker.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
This thread is a form of Chinese finger torture.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom