• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Madness- Summer 2016

Will the #madness happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopps

ClpnIJyWAAA5NSO.jpg

Now that Vardy is a no go, what ST options do you guys think are viable?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Wonderful news, what a guy!

Tell you what though this is a punch in the stomach for Arsenal fans, shows how their club is on the decline.

Love this quote from their forum :lol:

Wont lie, Im still a bit bummed at the loss, but really its not the end of the world that he is gone. I mean Suarez wanted to come and join us ffs.

We can definitely do better than Jamie Vardy, and our reluctance to break the bank probably signals a similar thinking up there.

To be fair to Leicester though, this is what winning the league does for you. Gives you that ability to hold on to your best. Credit to them for that.

We need to sign someone quality upfront though. Come on Wenger, please dont let us down this window.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He thought about lining up next to Giroud and realized how incredibly skiddly he'd look. No muscles. No Zeus-like beard (can he even grow a beard?). Covered in nicotine patches. Some things just can't be dealt with mentally.

Zeus looked like a rickety giraffe? No wonder he was such a jealous god. Give me Apollo any day.

Any affordable strikers out there with the clean shaven chins of Apollo?

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Wonder how long until it surfaces that Vardy turned us down because Wenger wouldn't guarantee him game time up front.

"You will play a little bit at ST and a little bit on the wing, but you compete with Giroud always"

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I have no faith in Wenger to get the job done now. We all know how our striker searched panned out the last time our activation of a 'release clause' failed.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
How many times do release clauses get triggered but the players rejects the club? The main ones I remember were obviously Suarez (who didn't do enough to force Liverpool to accept his clause) and when Liverpool triggered Diego Costa's clause. It wasn't nearly so embarrassing for Liverpool but I guess they were trying to punch above their weight....

I don't see anything wrong with telling him he was gonna compete with Giroud.

Wenger probably never said that.

What is more likely he would have said to Vardy is "I like you to come in and be part of our squad, call it your family and become part of our incredible team cohesion! Within few months you will become part of Arsenal and you will float in it and it will float in you, welcome to paradise!"

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I wonder why when people say stuff like this they never include any names.

What players did Wenger and his entire scouting staff miss when they decided to go with Vardy as plan A?

No lists any names any more (and if they do they're usually poverty), it's just "sign a top striker" like there's 100s out there readily available with clubs begging for us to take them. :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I wonder why when people say stuff like this they never include any names.

What players did Wenger and his entire scouting staff miss when they decided to go with Vardy as plan A?

Firstly, SA Gunner said it. :mad:

Secondly, this signing is a classic opportunistic one, this is Wenger doing what Wenger does. Partying like its 1999.

The point Im making is not that Vardy was plan A. Its that Wenger tried his luck, like with Suarez, and it failed. Also that we should look beyond "Vardy = Plan A because he is the best we can get" being the only line of thinking.

We have money, we have time. Yes history is not on our side, but lets see how it plays out huh?

crazyman

Considering how much we are saving in the transfer fee (the PL's top scorer should go for at least £40m) we could have well and justifiably afforded to pay over the odds in wages.
You don't hand a 29 year old player a massive & long contract, especially when they've been demonstrably dependent on their physical traits. You guys seem to forget Rooney signing on at 28 going on 29 in 2013/14 only to completely fall apart within 6 months. But hey... What do I know.

Vardy is no Rooney. Even at 16 you could tell Rooney had a body type that wasn't going to last.

It wouldn't surprise me if Vardy was still playing at the top level at 34-35.

And even if Vardy does lose his pace, he is still a clinical finisher and he could adapt his game like Shearer did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom