• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Madness- Summer 2016

Will the #madness happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyman

You don't offer a player like Vardy the entire world. You give him a decent offer, take it or leave it. He left it. End of.

Considering how much we would have saved in the transfer fee (the PL's top scorer should go for at least £40m) we could have well and justifiably afforded to pay over the odds in wages.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
I think we all need to spare a thought for Fleetwood Town and Halifax who were due a part of the fee. They are the real losers here. Can't believe Vardy didn't take them into consideration when making his choice.

AVENTUS

Re: Vardy.

What an embarrassment. Typical amateur hour by Arsenal. If you want a player you give him an offer he can't refuse. Once again, Arsenal penny pinch and are left red-faced.

I agree to a certain extent but his 29 years of age and we tabled a good offer for 3 years. Leicester to my understanding have paid less but offered a 4 year deal so his gone with that.

He will regret not accepting before we do chances are Leicester will finish outside top 6 and won't get out of the Champions League group stage and it's any bodies guess how Vardy will do next season.

We kind of guessed it wasn't happening when he took so long to decide we need to move on I've been reading German bookies have slashed odds on PEA joining Arsenal due to a flurry of bets.

Malky

Established Member
As if it wasn't bad enough that we've been turned down by Jamie Vardy but there is the horrible realization that Giroud will still be our starting striker come the opening game next season, and it's making me sink into a football hating depression :(

arsmile

Established Member
Haha! Rough day for our targets! Wouldn’t be surprised now if we heard that actually we’d announced xhaka too early and noe he’s pulling out!

Vardy’s a small time coward- has had one chance to play at the top level and he turned it down.

We’ve screwed up our PR on this hugely…our entire transfer business comes across as it just beign wenger himself running round in circles panicking….we used to be so tight lipped on transfers…there’s something rotten in the club ensuring the media find out all the details of anything that goes wrong

I hope kante and mahrez both leave asap (ideally to us!) Vardy will get relegated and drag the club into bankruptcy

No idea who we sign now…probably no one until at least august 31st is anything is to go by…then we’ll lose to someone in the league…panick…and overpay for whoever we hear might be available….might be Özil….might be park chu yung

IchirotoV2

This window seemed a bit more exciting than usual, Xhaka early and seemed we were close to Vardy and Mhikitaryan (sp).

Now it's just the same as always. Boring.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
We’ve screwed up our PR on this hugely…our entire transfer business comes across as it just beign wenger himself running round in circles panicking….we used to be so tight lipped on transfers…there’s something rotten in the club ensuring the media find out all the details of anything that goes wrong

To be fair, the story was broken by a journo who's close to Vardy himself. It's almost as if they wanted it to be made public so that LCFC would be forced to act...

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Is Vardy a loss? Yes, given the opportunity it presented and what he could bring to our game considering the market. The offer we made and how we went about things was enough. He chose to stay, well done and best of luck.

Honestly, I might get lambasted for this but even Lacazette is more technical on the ball, quick, strong with very good movement, too. He is not exactly the "killer" that Vardy is due to his work rate in both fazes but he just may suit us better if we go for him.

Its hardly the end of the world and there is nothing the club could do. You can't be serious that we offer a 29 year striker dependant highly on his speed higher wages that what we did.

blaze_of_glory

To be fair, the story was broken by a journo who's close to Vardy himself. It's almost as if they wanted it to be made public so that LCFC would be forced to act...
Yeah I don't recall us ever saying anything about the bid until people from the club were asked directly. That journo and then Ranieri were the ones talking about it if I recall.

Mastadon

Established Member
If Vardy turning us down means we end up signing Aubameyang - Vardy's done us the biggest favor possible!!

With the shortage of top strikers and many big clubs looking to sign one it will take a miracle for us to sign PEA. It could be done but not by Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom