• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linson

---------------------Cech--------------------
Bellerin Chambers Monreal Gibbs
------------Xhaka--------Ramsey
------------------Cazorla
Ox----------------Walcott----------Sanchez

1. Holding simply cannot start this game, it's not fair on him or Chambers.
2. Monreal / Debuchy are the only only viable options for CB
3. Almost any team we field will lack height and will struggle at corners / set pieces.
4. Sanchez is not a striker
5. Ox has been unreal in pre-season
6. It's time for Walcott to shine, now or never

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
That is wrong, never wish an injury to a player no matter what, besides the fact that it will not wake Wenger up, he got smashed many many times before by Man Utd, Man city, Liverpool and Chelsea and it did not change a single thing.

Mate I'm pretty disillusioned with this club at the moment. I used to spend loads on tickets but nowadays I barely give a toss. If wishing injury is what it takes to get players in, thats what I'll do.

Highbury Rock City

Campbell is simply not Arsenal material. Theo and Ox are way ahead of him in the pecking order...
Meh, pecking order, schmecking order... Seriously tough, the pecking order rules and either Theo or Ox will start instead of Campbell. We all know that.

But this "Campbell isn't Arsenal-material"-thing, I'm not so sure it's accurate anymore. I had that opinion too, ever since he got back from Greece. But now that I've seen him play for awhile, I think he might just have what it takes.

Last edited:

GunnerInPluto

Looking forward to this match for a glance of what our new midfield will look like. Xhaka-Ramsey/ElNeny- Carzola. We should be comfy in the midfield. Liverpool will press a lot, but that will be their undoing.
Henderson runs around like a headless chicken, making no serious tackles or tactical passes, just run, run. Santi must be licking his lips.
Transition from defence to midfield is sorted with Xhaka. Transition from midfield to attack worries me a bit because Özil wont play.

I know we lack a proper striker, but our attack will be very mobile. Iwobi, Alexis and Ox combo will stretch the liverpool backline. Ox will massively expose Moreno.

As with all first game jinx, we might work hard to pull out a draw. Not because we dont play well, but because we gift goals as welcome party.

natural

Established Member
Mate I'm pretty disillusioned with this club at the moment. I used to spend loads on tickets but nowadays I barely give a toss. If wishing injury is what it takes to get players in, thats what I'll do.
No body suffer more than the fans, Wenger is enjoying his 8 million salary and the board are enjoying the revenue that they get, I stopped my membership too and I have not spent one pound in the last 4 years, I completely understand where you are coming from.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I'd like to say I'm done buying from the club, but I've got tickets for the Legends game because I'd rather watch a bunch of fat and over weight players who have at least achieved great things for the club than the current team.

I also buy the kits for my kids every year but that's more out of a sense of family tradition and making sure they don't end up supporting Tottenham.

I've got to say though that I don't believe in Arsenal as I used to. The way the club is and how they operate I don't agree with. I think they're now blatantly ripping fans off and unfortunately I think Arsenal fans get the worst of both worlds in the sense that we now support a massive corporate and capitalist machine, however one that unlike United is frugal and miserly that doesn't want to re-invest any of the vast sums of money that they make. We've completely withdrawn from wanting to be a competitive club that wants to win things to one that basically exists to make huge profits. I hate almost everything about modern Arsenal but yet I can't stop myself from loving the club - horrible position to be in in truth.

Ash123

This is the team I'd start:
Cech
Bel - Holding - Chambers - Nacho
Elneny - Le Coq
Walcott - Santi - Iwobi
Sanchez

Wenger will go for this however:

Cech
Bel - Chambers - Nacho - Gibbs
Xhaka - Le Coq
Walcott - Santi - Ramsey
Sanchez.

Wenger please. Speed on the wings and incisiveness. Also, I'll say it now, I really don't think we needed Xhaka as good a player as he is. Spending that money on a forward would have improved us so much more. We now have 6 good players fighting for 2 spots!

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
-------------------Cech
Bellerin-Chambers-Monreal-Gibbs
-------------Elneny-Xhaka
Walcott--------Cazorla-------Iwobi
------------------Alexis

Subs: Opsina, Holding, Coquelin, Ramsey, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Akpom

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Been catching up on stuff, injuries and all that, is there anything positive we can look forward to going into this?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Been catching up on stuff, injuries and all that, is there anything positive we can look forward to going into this?
Only thing I can think if is that Iwobi and Akbom could do a trick from the bench if they don't start and that we beat City which should bring some confidence to the squad.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Yes we're gonna smash the Scousers but the score will be a sore 1-1 draw.

Plutarch

I'm fairly confident about the match, we looked good against Man City at the weekend, and we crushed Liverpool at home last year. I'd guess that Debuchy will be our emergency centre back. I think he did all right there before (can't quite remember when) and it will cause less disruption in other positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom