• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Its quite unbelievable when I hear people claim Arsenal lack depth going forwards when in actual fact we've got more options than the majority of teams in this league, so many players have impressed during the pre season its difficult choosing a team to face Liverpool.

Cech
Bellerin Chambers Monreal Gibbs
Xhaka
Chamberlain Cazorla Elneny Iwobi
Alexis

So difficult leaving out players like Campbell, Ramsey and Walcott whilst Coquelins been rock solid for us in the last 18 months or so but we really need that understanding between Elneny and Xhaka to build up as they could form a tremendous partnership.
Perhaps my only issue with this line-up is there aren't many players who run in behind so perhaps putting Ramsey in over one of Iwobi or Cazorla would balance the attack.
Chamberlain starts purely because of the X factor and unpredictability he provides.

Arsenal 2
Liverpool 0

1 other person

Cech
Bellerin Chambers Monreal Gibbs
Coq Mo/Xhaka
Ox Santi Alexis
Akpom

I wanted to see Ramsey have another go as 10 and a midfield partnership of Xhaka and Cazorla behind him, but I think that whatever CB-pairing AW will have to choose either way will be too exposed.
Preseason or not, Akpom was our top goalscorer and deserves the nod for this one.
Ox tracks back and Theo doesn't. With Bellerin going forward and Pool pressing high, it seems the most logical solution to me.

Plenty of goals, not sure who will take the winner though..

I'll be watching this at a Pool supporters apartment, so fingers are extra crossed!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Its quite unbelievable when I hear people claim Arsenal lack depth going forwards when in actual fact we've got more options than the majority of teams in this league, so many players have impressed during the pre season its difficult choosing a team to face Liverpool.

I think most fans are concerned with the quality of forward options not the depth. If Alexis' ankle isn't right and he gets injured we have no one near that level.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Our pre-seasons always impress and then we lose the opening match.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Tricky one this, early season & all. Got to go with an Arsenal win but difficult to predict who exactly will be playing in either defense or upfront or in the midfield!:confused:

Arsenal 2-1

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Our pre-seasons always impress and then we lose the opening match.
That is really not true. Yes, the last couple of seasons have gone that way but in years before that we have smacked our opposition in the opening game. There is no real trend here in terms of how we start. The only trend I pick up is that we are not consistent for the whole season no matter how we start.

Looking at it again, 'smacked' is a slight exaggeration. But in the past ten years we have lost 1, drawn 4 and won 5. Not great and could be improved upon.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Remember when we smacked Everton 6-1 at Goodison on the opening day, good times, what a start to the season that was! The football we played was scintillating.

Ghoulfest

Hopefully we get absolutely hammered so Wenger is forced to sign someone, not like there's anything we'll get from the season other than top 4 anyway.

If he still doesn't sign someone, hopefully Mahrez and Vardy embarrass us by scoring braces against us the following weak. This won't hurt us though, as we'll still get top 4 (probably).

At this point, losing would be more like winning. So come on Liverpool, do us a favor.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Hopefully we get absolutely hammered so Wenger is forced to sign someone, not like there's anything we'll get from the season other than top 4 anyway.

If he still doesn't sign someone, hopefully Mahrez and Vardy embarrass us by scoring braces against us the following weak. This won't hurt us though, as we'll still get top 4 (probably).

At this point, losing would be more like winning. So come on Liverpool, do us a favor.
Nah, better to win with a mediocre performance in attack to prove the point. Losing isn't worth it.

YaGunnersYa

The fact our CB options for the 1st game of the season are Chambers, Holding and Monreal is disgraceful. The level of negligence here is shameful. Wenger is a joke.

So easy to make us a good team. Buy Mustafi and a good striker and job done. But this leech continues to stunt our progress with his deluded, dated and senile views. ****ing fuming at Wenger and this money-hungry, circus of a board. **** off.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The fact our CB options for the 1st game of the season are Chambers, Holding and Monreal is disgraceful. The level of negligence here is shameful. Wenger is a joke.

So easy to make us a good team. Buy Mustafi and a good striker and job done. But this leech continues to stunt our progress with his deluded, dated and senile views. ****ing fuming at Wenger and this money-hungry, circus of a board. **** off.

Dude, are you ok? :rolleyes:

carlito'sway

Established Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom