• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dammit

Can't make it to see our season starter, absolutely gutted. I think a draw is on the horizon. Hopefully we will somehow nick this one though.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hopefully we get absolutely hammered so Wenger is forced to sign someone, not like there's anything we'll get from the season other than top 4 anyway.

If he still doesn't sign someone, hopefully Mahrez and Vardy embarrass us by scoring braces against us the following weak. This won't hurt us though, as we'll still get top 4 (probably).

At this point, losing would be more like winning. So come on Liverpool, do us a favor.
Another Foxes supporter trolling us :lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Must win game this, even without maybe Kos, Giroud, Özil and a new signing. If we want to be champions, we can't afford to drop points at home much. Need to make the Emirates a fortress.

I agree, although a draw at home to Klopp's team given the circumstances wouldn't be catastrophic. But it's Liverpool, Wenger's record against Liverpool is good and we didn't beat them last season so I wanna win this! I'd change our shape slightly seeing as Özil won't be playing. (Assuming we haven't got Mustafi over the line)

I'd go;
Cech
Bellerin Holding Chambers Nacho
Xhaka
Ramsey Cazorla
Chamberlain Alexis Iwobi​

Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Debuchy, Coquelin, Elneny, Campbell, Akpom.

Just gone for Santi ahead of Elneny because he provides that finesse. Loads of pace in the team and each of our central players can manipulate the ball well, so we should dominate possession.

Think we'll win 3-1. Not confident of a clean sheet but at least we get to witness England's starting CB pairing nice and early :).

FOOTYS BACK BOYS! BUZZING, COYGGGGGG!!!

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The weirdest thing is that people are fearing Klopp, ****ing pleeeaaaassseee!!! We beat Klopp's Dortmund during peak banter era back in 2011 and we beat them with Sanogo up front and scoring. Klopp is nowhere near as special as everyone thinks he is. Liverpool are still relatively mediocre, of course our defence is gonna be a worry but you'd swear Liverpool were this top class team we're going up against.

Wenger will play a midfield that'll help out the back four and the quality of Alexis, Ramsey and maybe Iwobi/Ox if they start will be enough to see us get the win I'm sure of it.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Stages of Arsenal transfer windows:

Scepticism, careful optimism, reluctant optimism, denial, irritation, boredom, restlessness, anger, hyper-rage, disillusionment, acceptance.

Almost there now mate.

Take it easy mate..Let me leave you with the words from the late great John Saunders " Laugh and have fun (it's sports!)"

Scandrew

With all this talk about being short an experienced CB, why not just shift Monreal to CB and play Gibbs at LB temporarily till we find a replacement CB? Wenger's done it before and it actually worked quite decently. So either Holding/Chambers partnering with Monreal at CB. Holding + Chambers at CB is a bit OTT for an opening game against Liverpool, lol.

Dynamic

With all this talk about being short an experienced CB, why not just shift Monreal to CB and play Gibbs at LB temporarily till we find a replacement CB? Wenger's done it before and it actually worked quite decently. So either Holding/Chambers partnering with Monreal at CB. Holding + Chambers at CB is a bit OTT for an opening game against Liverpool, lol.
It’s a likely scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom