• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Leicester vs Arsenal | 20th of August at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Don't think I have the energy to watch a full season of this, we'll get our usual convincing victory's that flatter to deceive, but on the whole it'll be another poor season from us. Think top 4 is going to be a massive struggle.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Going to be keeping track of lucky decisions this season, testing out the "it all evens out" theory.

Right now we're +1 on luck. Cheers Mark.
Every time I hear someone say that it pisses me off. It's one of the stupidest ideas in football.

Last edited:

Bar Walcott I didnt get the feeling that any of our attackers wanted to be there.

We are probably 5 games from beinh ready fitness wise.

Fraudcott

If we stop and actually look at results. Realistically weare exactly where we probably should be...

Absolutely.

Last season we started with a loss and a win. We've started this season with a WORSE squad, due to injuries, resting players and lack of investment.

We play the same lame, stagnant football that we have for years under the same stale manager.

Why in the hell would anybody think we would be improving?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

CqUpgwSWAAEMj5C.jpg

He's an Özil fan it looks like :lol:
Hahaha the ****er's loving it, he's taking the piss out of Arsenal. Wait till Leicester go back to their normal level. A lot of players will never be able to perform like they did again. Will be lucky if a club like West Brom wants him.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I bet if he was a city under Pep with a team that was tactically on he would look a lot better.
Absolutely, I can't believe we started with Coquelin and took away Xhaka's range from deep by playing him further ahead. Absolute tragic tactical thought process.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
First time in the Wenger era that I have serious doubts about us finishing in the top 4. We're so far behind ManU, ManC and Chelsea in terms of quality of the football we play that I can't see use catching them. Fourth is up for grabs but we don't look favourites for that right now. Since we have absolutely no practiced models on how to break the opposition lines, we need Özil if we want to create anything. Our entire attacking play is based on improvisation and individual brilliance.

Nah.

Bould14

Absolutely.

Last season we started with a loss and a win. We've started this season with a WORSE squad, due to injuries, resting players and lack of investment.

We play the same lame, stagnant football that we have for years under the same stale manager.

Why in the hell would anybody think we would be improving?
Because by some miracle we finished 2nd.

Goonerozil33

Did anyone else notice Özil ignore Giroud who was drifting to the far post 1v1 with the defender? Both times looked like perfect delicate cross opportunities to Giroud's head but instead he chose Alexis who was probably in a worse position.
not really in a better position. He was on the far post and it takes an absolute perfect cross to set up a goal from there.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Hahaha the ****er's loving it, he's taking the piss out of Arsenal. Wait till Leicester go back to their normal level. A lot of players will never be able to perform like they did again. Will be lucky if a club like West Brom wants him.

He will rue the day he ever turned down Arsenal. Poor decision.

noon

Ox the worst player on the on that field again, I can't see anything good about him, atleast the useless Walcott has a goal in him, I'd sell ox next week and buy A proper striker, but we know that won't happen, we're a club with no leadership

Aevi

Hale End FC
Alexis doesn't look ready to be a striker, but he would have bagged a goal during one of our chances if Theo had passed to him instead of shooting from a tight angle. We'd be on his back less if that had happened.

Koscielny was great, complete difference maker in our defense. Özil also completely changed the team when he came on, dribbled out of 3 players immediately and looked absolute quality. Ox was encouraging; Walcott had some good and bad moments, probably our biggest threat. If there is any blame to be placed this match, it's on Wenger for me. Our "system" looked so poor, Leicester easily pressured us towards the wing over and over to nullify us as a threat and there was little we did to counteract that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom