• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Still don't rate Gnabry, overrated. People compare him to Auergo or Alexis. He's shown no where near that ability that they showed at his age.

Good luck to him in his career. If he was good enough he would've broke through like Iwobi, Jack and Cole

Who does? :lol:

He's not overrated. He might've been by some at his early stages here where he conquered U21 football at 16, but such was the quality of his performances it was hard not to overrate him.

He's a fantastic talent who has long been held in high regard in his homeland. He definitely should've been given more of a chance here, he's followed up his olympic performances perfectly.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
didier-drogba-celebracion-fallida.gif
:lol: Love the way he styles this out.

scytheavatar

Established Member

He's not overrated. He might've been by some at his early stages here where he conquered U21 football at 16, but such was the quality of his performances it was hard not to overrate him.

He's a fantastic talent who has long been held in high regard in his homeland. He definitely should've been given more of a chance here, he's followed up his olympic performances perfectly.

He has been given plenty of chances here, and he showed flashes of brilliance but also seemed overwhelmed and lost. And people like to blame Tony Pulis for how his loan to WBA turned out, but like it or not Pulis did not waste hundreds thousands of wages just to spite Wenger. If Gnabry is not good enough to play for Pulis, he is not good enough to be getting more minutes from us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A lot of people rate Gnabry and when you watch what he's done at youth levels it's hard not to. But I think people underestimate how many talents actually blossom into fully world class players. In about 9/10 cases world class players have been heralded as sure things since their late teens.

Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Aguero, Cesc, Wilshere (sigh), Rooney, Özil, Hazard and Sanchez. These are some of the players who I remember watching as 18-21 year olds. Forget breaking into the first team, a lot of these guys were the first names on the teamsheet.

I still remember a 21 year old Özil and 20 year old Sanchez shining brightly at the 2010 world cup. Gnabry couldn't start for West Brom at a similar age.

Serge is a talented kid but probability says we haven't made a huge mistake.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Özil is wonderful, but a quick word about Gnabry.

I think he could become a top, top player, but there just wasn't enough room for him in this squad to give him the minutes he required to blossom into the player he needed to become. He needs to play every week.

Also, I don't think he's really nailed down his ideal position. He can play anywhere in the front three, but hasn't made one his own position just yet.

Hopefully, in a couple of seasons he'll become a really good player, and Özil and the rest of the Germans at Arsenal can convince him to come back.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
He has been given plenty of chances here, and he showed flashes of brilliance but also seemed overwhelmed and lost. And people like to blame Tony Pulis for how his loan to WBA turned out, but like it or not Pulis did not waste hundreds thousands of wages just to spite Wenger. If Gnabry is not good enough to play for Pulis, he is not good enough to be getting more minutes from us.

While I agree with much of what you and @Trilly said in terms of his overall ability/people thinking we just let go of a world beater, but managers and their set-ups can very much make a player look busted.

Over the last two season Chelsea and United have loads of players that look half of their ability with defensive manager trying to fight off being pulled into a relegation battle. ;)

I honestly bet Özil wouldnt get games in a Pulis lead WBA side. :lol:

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
http://bit.ly/2fDRkAA

Amy Lawrence piece on Mesut.

Great read, I like how Arsène says he can become a legend with us but he needs to stay with us for more years - smart way to get him to commit lol. I believe Özil has really matured here with us and he is showing signs of becoming the player we all know he can be. I pray on Sunday he puts in an amazing display and leaves the Sp**s team on the ground the same way he did Ludo lol. We truly have a special player with us and I am proud to say he is part Turkish :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom