• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

As usual our goal came through something he did, regardless of his overall play.

We are getting reliant on him to sort us out, if anything.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His movement appears to be the one thing he's got on point in every game this season. He's frequently picking up the ball in all sorts of dangerous positions that quite frankly, his end product should be twice what it already is!

He really could be playing better than he is IMO.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He was poor today, been so all season in fact by his own standards. If it wasn't for his run of scoring it'd be highlighted a lot more, his vision and consistency in his final ball is way off compared to last season. The comparison to Ox is a joke though
The comparison with Ox was a joke ;) Agreed he's been off all season compared to most of last season. As you say, if it wasn't for the goals it'd be highlighted more. If he's not scoring, he has had very little impact.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The comparison with Ox was a joke ;) Agreed he's been off all season compared to most of last season. As you say, if it wasn't for the goals it'd be highlighted more. If he's not scoring, he has had very little impact.
Unlike Ox, who when he's not scoring is having a very tangible impact on our games. It's diametrically opposed to us scoring but it's an impact

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Unlike Ox, who when he's not scoring is having a very tangible impact on our games. It's diametrically opposed to us scoring but it's an impact
Harsh. How can you measure detriment when neither is working properly? Actually, their seasons so far have been similar. They have the numbers, but their general play isn't really up to scratch. That's bascially it. No need for any more analysis. We can say Ox is somehow contributing to our abject displays, but then we're not really relying on him, are we?

fc honka

"Involved in all Arsenal’s best moments: a hand in Iwobi chance, unable to convert a difficult rebound when Walcott hit a post and produced great shape on the free-kick for the Wimmer own-goal. Faded."

I think this review by the Daily Fail of Özil is quite accurate. Definitely not one of his best games but easily our best attacking player today.

Can somebody explain me, how to use the "ignore"-feature on this forum? Have a desperate need for it at the moment.

Can somebody explain me, how to use the "ignore"-feature on this forum? Have a desperate need for it at the moment.

Click on Jury name under his avatar and click on ignore. You can then unignore him in same way when you feel like it!

If you want to read comment by people you ignored, under last post on each page it stand "show ignored content" and you can click on that to reveal the ignored comments.

Last edited:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Harsh. How can you measure detriment when neither is working properly? Actually, their seasons so far have been similar. They have the numbers, but their general play isn't really up to scratch. That's bascially it. No need for any more analysis.
You're taking the piss, right? Özil is poor by his standards, Ox is by anybody's. When the former has a poor game he still creates a couple of chances or gets a goal or an assist, when the latter does he becomes an extra full back for the opposition.

We can say Ox is somehow contributing to our abject displays, but then we're not really relying on him, are we?

We were today obviously. Walcott was just coming back from injury and Iwobi (who we never should have been reliant on in the first place) has been very poor. Because Ox is so useless Wenger will have to change the way we play and pull Alexis wide putting Giroud up front despite having paid 15m for a 23 yo winger who's been at the club for five years. Actually Wenger probably won't because he treats Ox the way he'd treat his own son

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really happy Low give Özil a break and not call him up it's really huge for us.

he didn't look great today but i forgive him after his world class goal in midweek.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Again, good but not great. In fact we've only seen a few glimpses of the "great" Özil this season and that's not up to standard that he set for himself. Of course you can't expect him to be great all the time, he is not Messi, but in a game of this magnitude you expect a little magic. He has immense talent and right now should be in his prime up there with the top 3 players in the world. He is getting the ball in the dangerous areas but his final ball is generally lacking. In fact Sanchez has been the chief provider of defense unlocking passes this season and it was this way in this game as well.

I also noticed that he uncharacteristically slowed the play down on the break several times ending a few promising attacks. He used to excel in that early dangerous ball pushing the attack forward....what happened to that?

GunnerShy

I thought he looked very good in the first half. Faded after the penalty but was reasonable. I thought we were collectively flat in the second half and think the subs were all poor.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Harsh. How can you measure detriment when neither is working properly? Actually, their seasons so far have been similar. They have the numbers, but their general play isn't really up to scratch. That's bascially it. No need for any more analysis. We can say Ox is somehow contributing to our abject displays, but then we're not really relying on him, are we?
:lol::lol:
No man, no.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Click on Jury name under his avatar and click on ignore. You can then unignore him in same way when you feel like it!

If you want to read comment by people you ignored, under last post on each page it stand "show ignored content" and you can click on that to reveal the ignored comments.
:lol::lol:

You're taking the piss, right? Özil is poor by his standards, Ox is by anybody's. When the former has a poor game he still creates a couple of chances or gets a goal or an assist, when the latter does he becomes an extra full back for the opposition.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Not sure why Özil is getting so much stick. Yes, he has had better games but I still felt he was one of our better attacking players. Simple truth is you can't rely on one or two players all season. You need a good squad and this is the part of the season where it shows.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

What's amazing is he could have double the goals he has now. Gets into better positions than anyone.

His general play is still quite subpar as well, when that gets up to speed we might see something special from Özil this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom