• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LGooner98

I hope he signs the new deal soon. I don't understand why it takes so long. Can't stand all these links to other clubs, especially to ManU which makes me feel sick ...

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Huge news if true! :drool: Always got the feeling he would as the club seems a good fit to his personality... Same reason I have doubts with Alexis.

Having Özil 25-30+ is a dream & we should never take it for granted.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Huge news if true! :drool: Always got the feeling he would as the club seems a good fit to his personality... Same reason I have doubts with Alexis.

Having Özil 25-30+ is a dream & we should never take it for granted.

Özil is class but very much a luxury player, he needs to loved and Wenger is doing that and getting the best out of him.

Sanchez on the other hand is a player who wins to championships! He's a born winner, he'd rather die on the pitch than lose! It's the mentality of championship winning players... he's helped a modest Chile side win 2 copa Americas and won MVP both times I believe. If Alexis's personality isn't a good fit for the club, we should be thinking there is something wrong with our club.

Hard to see anything else but Sanchez pening the paper when Özil is done with pening his. Expecting if one pen the paper the other follows. Thing Wenger will sign as well if this all goes well.

KAB

He needs to sign it. Arsenal has really lifted his name as well as Alexis from a bunch of good or average players from Real Madrid and Barcelona who were not the key players to where they are now, amongst the most feared by any oppositions across the Europe or even around the world

N

NotAUserName

Was never worried about him signing for the simple fact that I don't see which club would accommodate him like we do.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
That's a fair point. I say the club should hard ball him and break the bank to keep the player that's likely to be far more sought after because of his versatility.

Absolutely. Alexis should be the higher paid if they both sign, unless he gets a release clause in his contract that devalues it slightly.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Both should get as big a deal as they can negotiate, given their influence in recent years.

Big clubs in Europe seem happy to 'accomodate' more expensive but lesser players also, so a legit great lik Özil will have no issue finding suitors.

They will end up with similar contracts if they pen the paper. Sanchez maybe slightly higher because he will probably pen after Özil.

We are hopefully trying to sell them idea of them duoing for next couple of years and I think that is definitely something they might be into given how well they have connected so far!

Rocky

Both should get as big a deal as they can negotiate, given their influence in recent years.

Big clubs in Europe seem happy to 'accomodate' more expensive but lesser players also, so a legit great lik Özil will have no issue finding suitors.

I wouldn't say 'no problems'

Real Madrid have let him go. Barca don't need him. He doesn't seem to fit into Chelsea's system. City with Silva, Gundogan and De Bruyne. Not sure he fits in at Utd with Pogba.

Possibly Bayern and PSG are the main teams up at Arsenal's level I could see making space for Özil.

N

NotAUserName

I don't see Özil going to PSG. As for Bayern, Ancelotti was willing to let Özil go at Madrid so I don't see how.

Rocky

I don't see Özil going to PSG. As for Bayern, Ancelotti was willing to let Özil go at Madrid so I don't see how.

He's widely expected to sign for Arsenal soon anyway. I just think Alexis is the more versatile player who would be more sought after. I think he's more valuable to Arsenal and should be top earner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom