• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This versatility line now, you guys forgetting Özil has played in a few positions for Real and Arsenal?

Özil is as versatile as Sanchez.

logic DC

people really saying Sanchez more important than Özil, well he certainly didn't show it against Sp**s. Özil was the only one at least doing things in the final third, one of the few WC players in the League.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
people really saying Sanchez more important than Özil, well he certainly didn't show it against Sp**s. Özil was the only one at least doing things in the final third, one of the few WC players in the League.
Nobody did anything if note. But if I were to go down the school playground route, I'd say Alexis had a better game than Özil vs Sp**s, for what absolutely zero worth that is.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This versatility line now, you guys forgetting Özil has played in a few positions for Real and Arsenal?

Özil is as versatile as Sanchez.
I can stand on a building site. It wouldn't make me a bricklayer. Of course Alexis is more versatile. His tools just make him of more worth in more areas. Pace, power, tenacity, potency and the ability to pull a rabbit out of the hat. This is not even debatable surely :lol:

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I never liked ''>X< player is the new >insert name<'' personally, it's such a simplistic thing to say when you're trying to compliment someone and it's never really true, is it?

No one can fill Bergkamp's boots anyway, or most of the other players' we had back then, freaking Kanu was our second choice striker, ffs.

skip spence

Sanchez any day for me. If I needed someone to stand next to me backs against the wall, I'd take Sanchez every time. Even when he has a poor game - and he can be frustrating at times - the man's still an absolute menace for defenders, they can never relax for a second with him on the pitch. When Özil has a poor game he 's nowhere to be seen really, he tends to give up when he doesn't fancy it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
A gathering of expert opinions contradicting your drivel must burn. Story of your life, really. :lol:
****ing hell, the butler forgot your Pinot Grigio again?

Btw, the experts on this forum tend to agree with me here. Remove the Özil goggles and you might notice.

Your opinion on anything Özil related is worth as much as my 7 year old niece's is on Justin Bieber! And that's not even a joke. :lol:

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why are Arsenal fans obsessed with debating who's more important between Özil and Alexis? It's embarrassing when you see people denigrating one of these two just to make the other look better.
That's not really happening though, is it? I'm not seeing any unfair criticism or disparaging remarks.

The only reason the two are being mentioned these last few pages is because they're both yet to sign extensions. Then naturally, as Arsenal fans, a little discussion (that's all it is) has broken out regarding who we might afford to lose, or who's most important to us in a worst case scenario sort of thing. We all want them both to sign. Nobody wants either to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom