• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabo

6.51 / 10
His performance went to **** against Sunderland after a spell in the first half so I'm not really buying Ox's 'good' form.

Seems to have a weak mentality.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Knee-jerk thread title change off the back of a bad cameo in a NLD... He was almost resurgent last week... Whether you think he's great or a pile of sh!t, this is just silly.

Sort it out ffs! :rolleyes:
Barely posted here this season but I didn't think he was resurgent at all. Running past a Blunderland full back getting a cross in or against Bulgarian parttimers doesn't constitute a "resurgence".

Disregarding everything else, form opposition etc pp if you can't pass the ball to team mate over ten ****ing yards you have no business being on the pitch for Arsenal. Danny Rose was way more threatening than he was ffs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He hasn't even been playing that well in his cameos so far this season.

Yeah he scored and seems to be a bit more productive. But most on here were hoping that it would put more confidence into his head and his general play, which by the way has been **** so far this season, would improve.
Yeah I noticed that too, even his good games were littered with wtf moments. The match threads will back this up.

Problem is if you say this after one of these good games you're a hater. If you say it now you're a hater crawling out of the woodwork. Can't win.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ox should be careful. He's already having trouble fending off Iwobi for a spot, and our academy has plenty where Iwobi came from as far as wide players go. He could end up being surpassed a couple of times over. I'm not seeing any noticeable improvement unfortunately.

It's curtains if Wenger buys again.

Yeah I noticed that too, even his good games were littered with wtf moments. The match threads will back this up.

Problem is if you say this after one of these good games you're a hater. If you say it now you're a hater crawling out of the woodwork. Can't win.

I have stood by Chamberlain up until now. Taken a lot of slack for that. But there is something in his general play that is not convincing me this season.

It just doesn't feel like the talent we signed all these years ago. When Chamberlain joined he was full of power and known for his assisting and scoring ability at younger age. He seemed to have it all to be a top player!

There was a game, one or two year ago where he was bossing Bayern Munchen in first half. I really thought that we were going to see the boy becoming a man and he would explode. But it just never happened.

It really is a sad story.

It still is a long season, and he still can prove him self. But if nothing chance towards end of the season, we really should consider selling him. He may be able to kick on his career somewhere else like Gnabry is doing.

progman07

Established Member
It's understandable to pick on Ox because he has not shown anything consistently good in his last few years, but why do it after a short sub performance? Difficult game, we looked out of ideas as a team, regardless of Ox.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's understandable to pick on Ox because he has not shown anything consistently good in his last few years, but why do it after a short sub performance? Difficult game, we looked out of ideas as a team, regardless of Ox.
His performance upon entering the field brought our collective performance down a notch. Something he shouldn't even be able to do. That's how bad he was when he came on. Ramsey was just as bad IMO so I don't think it's just Ox, but even in the games where he was supposedly good, they were "encouraging" performances at best that were punctuated by end product. .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ox will probably continue to have WTF moments but I have seen enough for me to think at the very least he is going to be a valuable member of this squad this season . What you want from him in sub appearances like this is to attack players on the edge/inside as much as possible and force errors from defenders .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

His performance upon entering the field brought our collective performance down a notch. Something he shouldn't even be able to do. That's how bad he was when he came on. Ramsey was just as bad IMO so I don't think it's just Ox, but even in the games where he was supposedly good, they were "encouraging" performances at best that were punctuated by end product. .

Giroud , Ramsey and Ox gave zero drive .

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Giroud , Ramsey and Ox gave zero drive .
It was the worst group sub performance I've ever seen.

Everyone seems to be very critical of Ramsey but I swear the team perked up in the 5mins between Ramsey coming on and Giroud and Ox coming on? When the latter two came on it was equivalent to Sp**s bringing on an extra defender, never seen anything like it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ox is a dribbling midfielder trying to play like a midfield general . Attack the ****ing box ffs, Ramsey when we don't have the ball might as well be as slow as Giroud for all he does and Giroud looked like he was trying to conserve energy , just mental .

carlito'sway

Established Member

The problem, as someone (can't recall who..) wrote today on A-M is that not only that he did not have any influence on our game, it is that he had a NEGATIVE influence on it. When one comes in as a sub it is for some some of impact not for poor decisions, misplaced passes and basically breaking up any kind of flow. That was pathetic.

His contract ends in 2018. No way in hell, under the current circumstances he should be extended. We should cut our losses in January or this coming Summer and sell him.

Maxim

Not sure how you put Ox and Ramsey's performance in the same bracket here. Ramsey took one ropey shot which he shouldn't have (not the volley, perfectly entitled to hit that), but apart from that didn't do all that wrong and looked to push us up the pitch at every opportunity.

Ox was an actual liability and Giroud jogged slowly between their CBs

TriniGunner

We struggle to create proper midfield attacking scenarios simply because we don't have another player like Cazorla in the team. I'm not saying he would have made a huge difference today but our midfield drops a level or two downwards when he isn't there to start the attack making the right pass.

TriniGunner

It was the worst group sub performance I've ever seen.

Everyone seems to be very critical of Ramsey but I swear the team perked up in the 5mins between Ramsey coming on and Giroud and Ox coming on? When the latter two came on it was equivalent to Sp**s bringing on an extra defender, never seen anything like it.

We should have sold Ox and bought Mahrez, I said it in the summer.

Ox is a dribbling midfielder trying to play like a midfield general . Attack the ****ing box ffs, Ramsey when we don't have the ball might as well be as slow as Giroud for all he does and Giroud looked like he was trying to conserve energy , just mental .

Yeah, it really felt after the subs that team thought this game was going into extension... I have no idea why. Can't be physical thing because we should have more in us than them. Must be mental.

Stoneh

The only thing what Ox did was to take the flak of the other two subs. Ramsey and Giroud.

Would have preferred Wenger promised Gnarby playingvtime than this numpty. Year up on year he gets chances what no other would get. Ive always said.. hes more of an athlete than a footballer as he has very poor football IQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom