• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Ox is done here in my book. Real shame but he's had so many chances now, it time to cut our losses and sell
Wouldn't be against selling OX this summer, he's never shown enough to make me think he'll be a top talent. Welbeck gets a fair amount of stick but out of the two I'd rather have Welbeck and its not even a close contest.
Today was just a diffrent level of **** though, a player from Sunday League, still pissed out his tits from the previous night, could of put in a better performance for us! OX was dreadful.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Some baffling inclusions tbh. Drinkwater has been awful this season, so has Vardy who's new contract has him feeling like Ronaldo.

Jagielka, Rooney and Stones getting in on reputation. Very generic callups. Hart has been disastrous in his last couple of games for Torino too.

No point supporting England, hope Eastenders clashes with the England games or something. Cba sitting through that **** again.

eye4goal

Established Member
Ox is a dribbling midfielder trying to play like a midfield general . Attack the ****ing box ffs, Ramsey when we don't have the ball might as well be as slow as Giroud for all he does and Giroud looked like he was trying to conserve energy , just mental .

Ramsey once told the Arsenal website he tries to take a breather once he gets back into position defensively. In a two that's not going to cut it for us. Even Wales have had to push him further up

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Yesterday Chamberlain looked to ma like he is playing out of anger. Maybe it's because he wasn't included in first XI since Theo didn't look as sharp, but to me it looked like he didn't want to be here anymore.

This might be a stretch equal to RAWK proportions, but his mistakes and "long faces" he was pulling at every chance was of a player who doesn't give a damn for his team anymore.

One of the worst sub performances in a big game

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@albakos it wouldn't surprise me if he is pissed off. He started against Ludogorets got a goal and an assist only to be benched against Middlesbrough to then score two against Reading to start against Sunderland and get an assist only to be benched in the next two games. He is as productive if not more productive than he has ever been and should have been kept in the side. Instead his reward is a spot on the bench instead of of trying to build on his form. For a player who often is described as lacking confidence that's a sure way to kick him down.

I'd be looking out cause after doing that it's made fairly clear no matter how he performs he'll always be a bit part player.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
@albakos it wouldn't surprise me if he is pissed off. He started against Ludogorets got a goal and an assist only to be benched against Middlesbrough to then score two against Reading to start against Sunderland and get an assist only to be benched in the next two games. He is as productive if not more productive than he has ever been and should have been kept in the side. Instead his reward is a spot on the bench instead of of trying to build on his form. For a player who often is described as lacking confidence that's a sure way to kick him down.

I'd be looking out cause after doing that it's made fairly clear no matter how he performs he'll always be a bit part player.
I don't think it's that - but Wenger likes that Iwobi adds to the fluidity of the offense (he didn't have a good game yesterday) but overall the offense clicks better with Iwobi although Ox has been more productive recently.

It's tough on the Ox but he had a chance yesterday and didn't really do himself any favours. Actually on on fire Ox might well have been the player to win the game for us as we were crying out for some pace & trickery on the wing. I think he'll be in line to start the UTD. game.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
If this is the case it just really show lack of mentality of Ox.

It is very hard to defend the poor fellah after this...

Exactly...His game as to go up a level or two if he wants to oust Walcott out of the team.

At the moment he just has individual moments and the rest of the game he's crap. He needs to do is add consistency in his general game. i.e. make simple passes, don't lose the ball in silly positions, cross the ball well etc.

Exactly...His game as to go up a level or two if he wants to oust Walcott out of the team.

At the moment he just has individual moments and the rest of the game he's crap. He needs to do is add consistency in his general game. i.e. make simple passes, don't lose the ball in silly positions, cross the ball well etc.

I want to see him take better decisions and execute them better. So far this season there has been some very weird moments in his decision making and execution.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't think it's that - but Wenger likes that Iwobi adds to the fluidity of the offense (he didn't have a good game yesterday) but overall the offense clicks better with Iwobi although Ox has been more productive recently.

It's tough on the Ox but he had a chance yesterday and didn't really do himself any favours. Actually on on fire Ox might well have been the player to win the game for us as we were crying out for some pace & trickery on the wing. I think he'll be in line to start the UTD. game.
See that's where I think he struggles. He has had lots of chances really and has took them but got nowhere as a result. Wenger may like Iwobi for what he brings up Ox has been winning games for us (Reading in the cup) assisting at important moments. He has scored and assisted more in the last couple of weeks than he has in all of last season.

So he has done himself the favours and the reward is benched. That's not right. Then he comes on and thinks he has to try and do fancy dancy stuff above and beyond and plays ****e as a result.

I think he will be gone unless he gets a string of games as a starter. Another England squad he has missed out on being a bit part player, likely to be further down the pecking order when Perez and Welbeck return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom