• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs T*ttenham Hotspur | Sunday, Nov. 6th - 12:00 GMT| BT Sport 1

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I felt Ramsey was best out of the sub.

Giroud failed massively at pressing and helping us up the tempo. Should have done better with his chance too. He failed.

TBF, they were all poor. At least Giroud had a couple of chances and was present in the box to do what he was asked to do. The other two, I don't even think they knew what they were doing.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

What do you mean "actually", as if you're stating a fact?

You completely missed the point of my post also. I wasn't critiquing any of the players who came on, I was saying that going from a striker like Alexis buzzing around pressing their CBs everywhere to Giroud stood up top waiting for the ball is what ended any hope of us getting a winner.

We stopped pressing them entirely when Giroud came on and their 3 CBs had all day to pass the ball between each other.

Tbf I think the entire team were pretty tired by that stage. Only Alexis and his superhuman stamina looked up for pressing with any effectiveness. If you're going to press it has to be done properly, I think the players were cautious of committing too high up the pitch that late in the game.

Maxim

Tbf I think the entire team were pretty tired by that stage. Only Alexis and his superhuman stamina looked up for pressing with any effectiveness. If you're going to press it has to be done properly, I think the players were cautious of committing too high up the pitch that late in the game.

I highly doubt that to be honest. it's the North London Derby, we were absolutely going all out to win it hence the 3 very attacking subs by Wenger.

The crowd rightly got on there back when they sat off - Sp**s were there for the taking with only that donkey Janssen and son providing any counter.

Sitting off them was a ridiculous decision.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I highly doubt that to be honest. it's the North London Derby, we were absolutely going all out to win it hence the 3 very attacking subs by Wenger.

The crowd rightly got on there back when they sat off - Sp**s were there for the taking with only that donkey Janssen and son providing any counter.

Watching on the telly, it looked pretty obvious to me that a lot of the players were gassed. It shouldn't have come down to that - we let them back into it by switching off.

I'm certain Wenger would have wanted us 1/2-0 up at HT due to fatigue kicking in.

TriniGunner

The players aren't robots. Around the 80th minute they all looked tired.

carlito'sway

Established Member
It seems like they were told not to rotate as Dembele and Wanyama were also playing the same line. None of them wanted to be isolated so the safer bet was to keep the shape and play 'defensive'.

I will pay attention to their positioning when I watch the game again. I did not think they were bad (nor great either).

TriniGunner

I will pay attention to their positioning when I watch the game again. I did not think they were bad (nor great either).

Wanyama and Dembele aren't exactly crap players to take those kinds of chances. If I were Wenger I would have done the same. Xhaka should have been playing a lot more forward today like he did in midweek. It was clear as day he and Coq were told not to get forward too much because Sp**s and and their new formation would have hit us on the counter very quickly if one of them were caught further upfield. Sometimes we like to say that two players aren't working well together but the manager sometimes gives these types of instructions during the game based on what's happening.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Watched the passage of play which lead to the Dembele FK a few times now and I have to say Özil was very disappointing, he had a chance to foul Dembele straight away yet practically allowed him to canter off.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Wanyama and Dembele aren't exactly crap players to take those kinds of chances. If I were Wenger I would have done the same. Xhaka should have been playing a lot more forward today like he did in midweek. It was clear as day he and Coq were told not to get forward too much because Sp**s and and their new formation would have hit us on the counter very quickly if one of them were caught further upfield.

We were also taken aback by their formation and it took us a good part of the first half to adjust to it. They played with 5 in MF and really put us on a back foot for a good 25/ 30 min.
To beat them today we needed not to be at our best collectively. Unfortunately, a few players picked the wrong day to be poor.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It seems like they were told not to rotate as Dembele and Wanyama were also playing the same line. None of them wanted to be isolated so the safer bet was to keep the shape and play 'defensive'.
They could afford to be close together because of how narrow Son and Eriksen played too.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Pass map..... Noticeably, very little passing from the 2 CM's to Özil. That is our most important passing combination when Santi is in (Santi to Özil).

fabo

6.51 / 10
Love how you crawl back from you hole spouting negativity as soon as we're not winning,

I was posting when we beat Sunderland.

Win, lose or draw today, my opinion on Wenger won't change. He'll never win the league again.

Maxim

The players aren't robots. Around the 80th minute they all looked tired.

The front 4 at the time were alexis, Özil, giroud and ox...2 of them had just come on and one of them is alexis. Özil isn't even going for the internationals!

Honestly if i was there i would have been losing my sh1t that we were stood off in the 85th minute chasing a goal as most in the stadium were.

arsmile

Established Member
main take away from this was how atrocious the ox was when he came on

he's too stupid/fragile/inconsistent to deal with such a high pressure game. Useless.

Not sure what else to say...nothing really happened save for an own goal and a penalty...neither team put in enough to take the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom