• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Özil and Alexis not signing new contracts or leaving, because Wenger won't stay is bullcrap in my opinion.

Other clubs change manager all the time, but do their best players leave? No, of course not. And if another manager comes in who does well, why would they want to leave anyway.
The issue is knowing who will be there. If Wenger were to sign an extension it'll most definitely help in Özil/Sanchez's contract talks. If for nothing else, than for the fact that our players will be assured that a fairly competent manager will be managing Arsenal next season. That can't affect the contract talks negatively.
Now, if simeone/someone bigger than Wenger commits to managing Arsenal next season, that'll be even better. But uncertainty in the manager side of things will add another complication to the contract talks, definitely.

sammy89

Dude will be 68 next year. Time to retire and hang with the grandkids. Maybe get a PYT to make him feel young again after the divorce.

Hunter Zolomon

Wasn't he supposed to finish behind Mourinho, Klopp, Koeman, Conte, and Pep. Because they all had his number, didn't they.
season is not over yet, wait then before you brag. Dont make us start dragging all the people he finished behind in previous seasons. all the other top 4 clubs have new managers, wenger should be in front.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
season is not over yet, wait then before you brag. Dont make us start dragging all the people he finished behind in previous seasons. all the other top 4 clubs have new managers, wenger should be in front.
Bragging is about bigging up yourself mate.

And unlike many of the posters on here I'm pretty certain I couldn't run a football club like Arsenal and know a hell of a sight less than our manager. And whose the 'us' you're referring to, Spuds supporters?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

History is not in our favor, but I ****ing love the guy. Pen that contract and let's move forward. Yesterday when he said that the last three penalties at home weren't penalties I couldn't help but think about a certain Portuguese bastard up in Manchester. He must have been fuming, and I'll bet anything if Sp**s get a penalty today, he'll react with something like this: "if it was a penalty? I can't tell you. Other managers can, but I cannot."

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If he wins the title and we do well in the CL, like a semi or final, then I'll probably want to give him a chance to retain a title; it burns me that he'd never managed that with the teams we've had. Itvreally does have to be this season though. We can't go on wasting time and missing these opportunities.

say yes

forum master baiter
If he wins the title and we do well in the CL, like a semi or final, then I'll probably want to give him a chance to retain a title; it burns me that he'd never managed that with the teams we've had. Itvreally does have to be this season though. We can't go on wasting time and missing these opportunities.

So if Wenger wins the title but fails to get past the CL quarters you'd want him gone?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
So if Wenger wins the title but fails to get past the CL quarters you'd want him gone?
Most probably not. It's hard to imagine Arsenal winning a title and still wanting the manager to go. He could even decide to go himself at the end of the day.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

IMG_0342.PNG
@Jury @say yes

Answer honestly, and forget Leicester for a second. When you look at these figures recently published by the CIES Football Observatory for the for the past 6 years, do you honestly believe that we should have run away with either the EPL or the CL.

In Europe, the Arsenal performance is about on par and in the league Arsenal have performed above expectations. It's the three top clubs that have on average underperformed in Europe and to some extent in the league (certainly for United since SAF). Interesting to see the Sp**s position.

SYS

View attachment 1474
@Jury @say yes

Answer honestly, and forget Leicester for a second. When you look at these figures recently published by the CIES Football Observatory for the for the past 6 years, do you honestly believe that we should have run away with either the EPL or the CL.

In Europe, the Arsenal performance is about on par and in the league Arsenal have performed above expectations. It's the three top clubs that have on average underperformed in Europe and to some extent in the league (certainly for United since SAF). Interesting to see the Sp**s position.

Wages stick is getting ready

samshere

Why so serieuse?
No, the problem isn't his spending. Its his stubborn refusal to pay the little bit more than his valuation even if Arsenal could afford it. I remember in the 2012 season, Schwarzer was available for 3m but he decided to continue with almunia who cost us points. Then there was the Suarez incident. And last year no outfield signings in the summer. I mean if we could spend 7m in January why not in the summer, did we come to know about El Neny's existence only in the intervening 4 months. Always spoiling the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's unquestionably held us back at moments when we should have been pushing on. He got things badly wrong and as good as we're looking now, we're a few years of development behind where we should be. Only big titles or tities can erase that.

say yes

forum master baiter
View attachment 1474
@Jury @say yes

Why do you use money spent rather than club wealth? Seems to reward rich clubs who don't use their resources effectively.

I don't think there's anything admirable about refusing to use the money you've extorted from the fans to improve upon the glaring weaknesses in your squad.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Why do you use money spent rather than club wealth? Seems to reward rich clubs who don't use their resources effectively.

I don't think there's anything admirable about refusing to use the money you've extorted from the fans to improve upon the glaring weaknesses in your squad.
That's a fair point but an issue for the board.

Surely the manager and players would give their eye teeth for a deeper squad and a better chance at the title. When all said and done you don't look back on any successful team and think about who was on the board.

But in any case that's a separate issue. Given the spending we had, our performance was better than the sum of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom