• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No, the problem isn't his spending. Its his stubborn refusal to pay the little bit more than his valuation even if Arsenal could afford it. I remember in the 2012 season, Schwarzer was available for 3m but he decided to continue with almunia who cost us points. Then there was the Suarez incident. And last year no outfield signings in the summer. I mean if we could spend 7m in January why not in the summer, did we come to know about El Neny's existence only in the intervening 4 months. Always spoiling the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar.
True, but all that is speculation as we're not party to any successful or failed negotiations and guessing what happened just supports one narrative or another.

I'm trying to stick to the facts we know.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
That's a fair point but an issue for the board.

Surely the manager and players would give their eye teeth for a deeper squad and a better chance at the title. When all said and done you don't look back on any successful team and think about who was on the board.

But in any case that's a separate issue. Given the spending we had, our performance was better than the sum of the team.
Wenger refused to sort out CB and GK for ages. This season and with our current situation with GK+CB is live evidence for the criticism of having them sorted much earlier. I can claim that since I was banging on and on about the CB position since last season and insisting we go all out for one during arguments in the summer. Before Mertesacker's injury.

There is no way in hell we didn't have money for a CB and a GK who were relatively cheaper back then. We wasted season after season without any reason.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Wenger refused to sort out CB and GK for ages. This season and with our current situation with GK+CB is live evidence for the criticism of having them sorted much earlier. I can claim that since I was banging on and on about the CB position since last season and insisting we go all out for one during arguments in the summer. Before Mertesacker's injury.

There is no way in hell we didn't have money for a CB and a GK who were relatively cheaper back then. We wasted season after season without any reason.

That is all speculations to be fair. What is not speculation are the well documented informations about the difficult to precarious Arsenal financial situation during the barren years.

4R5Emaniac

That is all speculations to be fair. What is not speculation are the well documented informations about the difficult to precarious Arsenal financial situation during the barren years.
How bad was the financial situation that persisting with Almunia who was clearly **** a solution to any problem despite the fact a better GK would've solved a big chunk of the issues? Evidently GKs and around that time were cheap. Cost us more in every way than spending 3/5m would have. Central defense too. Djorou, Squid etc etc.

Value.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

More guesswork in that post than a twelve month weather forecast.

I posted some facts for discussion from a recent report - just thought there might be an intelligent discussion about it :eek:ops:

4R5Emaniac

More guesswork in that post than a twelve month weather forecast.

I posted some facts for discussion from a recent report - just thought there might be an intelligent discussion about it :eek:ops:
:lol: Dismissing ze truth doesn't bring out intellectual discussion tbh.

carlito'sway

Established Member
How bad was the financial situation that persisting with Almunia who was clearly **** a solution to any problem despite the fact a better GK would've solved a big chunk of the issues? Evidently GKs and around that time were cheap. Cost us more in every way than spending 3/5m would have. Central defense too. Djorou, Squid etc etc.

Value.

Hindsight is 20/20 mate...
Case in point, both Senderos and Djourou were highly rated and most had high hopes they would make it at the highest level.

4R5Emaniac

@carlito'sway Come up with actual facts to dismiss what I've said rather than painting it something else or don't bother quoting me. @Makingtrax That table of yours means we were incompetent resulting in winning squat while others actually bothering to fulfill their purpose of competing on the football pitch. Teams below us too. Not only Leicester but losing CCup to Birmingham City and countless many bottlejobs was led by Wenger.

OShea's2010

If he wins the title and we do well in the CL, like a semi or final, then I'll probably want to give him a chance to retain a title; it burns me that he'd never managed that with the teams we've had. Itvreally does have to be this season though. We can't go on wasting time and missing these opportunities.
We won't win the title under Wenger. we do well against the lesser teams but generally against good teams with managers who know what they're doing, we struggle. not looking forward to Liverpool and Chelsea away.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
True, but all that is speculation as we're not party to any successful or failed negotiations and guessing what happened just supports one narrative or another.

I'm trying to stick to the facts we know.
Yeah, thats the reason I've quoted only established transfers rumours.
Schwarzer was available for 3m- Facht
We went in for Suarez with 40m, but not 50m - Facht
We bought El Neny for 7m 4 months after we should have - Facht

4R5Emaniac

Its easy to be loyal earning one of the highest salaries in world football with unlimited job security and freedom of fulfilling your fantasies to finish 4th to get sent back in last 16 of the CL every year. Best job in the world.

4R5Emaniac

Yeah, thats the reason I've quoted only established transfers rumours.
Schwarzer was available for 3m- Facht
We went in for Suarez with 40m, but not 50m - Facht
We bought El Neny for 7m 4 months after we should have - Facht
And we signed Mustafi, one of the most important players contributing to our good form after Mertesacker got injured rather than going for him from the off. If that injury didn't happen 99% only Holding would've been signed.

carlito'sway

Established Member
@carlito'sway Come up with actual facts to dismiss what I've said rather than painting it something else or don't bother quoting me. @Makingtrax That table of yours means we were incompetent resulting in winning squat while others actually bothering to fulfill their purpose of competing on the football pitch. Teams below us too. Not only Leicester but losing CCup to Birmingham City and countless many bottlejobs was led by Wenger.

Dude.... take a chill pill....the simple fact is that you were just speculating, nothing to add to it. As I said, in hindsight, it is easy to say we should have done this or I have said that....

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's not hindsight though--not when every man and his dog were saying what we needed before the subsequent failure due to like, not obtaining what we needed...No 'hindsight' about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom