• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Bournemouth v Arsenal | 3/1/17 | 7:45

Result?

• Third straight away loss, Arsenal style

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Victory

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Christ the amount of **** chatting here post game has reached unusually high levels. Overanalyzing the f*ck out of an equalizer celebration to the point of making f*cking psychological profiles based on it and apparently Mustafi isn't good enough and has never been.

Give me a f*cking break...

Arsenal fans are notorious for putting our players down. We are very quick to slate our players and talk about how 'they aren't good enough'.

With regards to the celebration thing, I think it's pretty clear and a merited discussion. Who on earth spends 30 seconds celebrating an equalizer when there is 5 minutes to go and win the game? As much credit as Olivier deserves in our fight back, I very much doubt that any top manager would not speak to Giroud about that after the game.

CJJ

Established Member
That red card was a scissor motion tackle on Ramsey's ankle which I believe may have been planted (can't remember whether it was or not - it doesn't make much difference.)

It was a pretty clear red card and I'm surprised that anyone argued otherwise. If it was given in favour of Chelsea or United I doubt the commentators would even speak about it.
I always put myself myself in their shoes and ask myself "would i think that was fair if it happened to Arsenal?" And honestly.. if we had Got a red card for that i would' been ****ing pissed.

That card should have been yellow. We got lucky with that one.

Gautier

Ref cost us the game, simple as that. Two big decisions, if he gets one right, the other is wrong. First goal or third. That's the story for me.

That's a bit too biased IMO , I thought the ref was brilliant. A lot of pressure very intense game. I remember us being granted "play on" on much similar shoulder shoves. What about their red card? That may seem harsh too. I think on the whole you can only say he made good decisions.

People talking about the game. Then there are people ruining this thread by complaining about people talking about this game. And now I'm chipping in complaining about people who complain about people who talk about the game.

If you don't want to take part in analyzing that celebration then don't fkn comment on the people who want to talk about it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I imagine it'd be a huge health and safety threat to fans behind the goal with her loose stool problem.
:lol::lol:

This is quality banter mate . . and notice the words bottlers, weak mentality and excuse ffs, didn't appear at all in this exchange.

GunnerInPluto

The Giroud equaliser is bad for Arsenal in many ways.
1. False belief that all is well.
2. False belief that Giroud can lead the lines. Put Alexis back as lone striker and bring in Lucas with Iwobi on the flanks. Mesut back as 10.
Ramsey should be loaned out before the window closes.
3. Arsenal cannot have a decent game when Ramsey starts in this current form.
4. Alexis is frustrated like every good Arsenal fan. He can see the chances we are having, but cannot understand why players like Ramsey, Giroud keep letting him down.

Mudi

That red card was a scissor motion tackle on Ramsey's ankle which I believe may have been planted (can't remember whether it was or not - it doesn't make much difference.)

It was a pretty clear red card and I'm surprised that anyone argued otherwise. If it was given in favour of Chelsea or United I doubt the commentators would even speak about it.
People did yesterday saying that Utd were very lucky that West Ham received a red card for a similar challenge as this one. It was nowhere near a 2 footed challenge as you can see on many replays:
http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/bou...g-miss-+-simon-francis-straight-red-card.html

Xhaka Zulu

People talking about the game. Then there are people ruining this thread by complaining about people talking about this game. And now I'm chipping in complaining about people who complain about people who talk about the game.

If you don't want to take part in analyzing that celebration then don't fkn comment on the people who want to talk about it.

Mind-blowingly meta.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Aye amazing finish. Often looks an average player Lucas, but in and around the box I trust him more than anyone else in the team apart from Sanchez. Not a bottler this one.
He really got great attitude he work hard for a team and not only he is good finisher but his passing and movement is good also wenger should start him more

junglist57

Established Member
Wow, I literally jumped on a plane from Prague just before half time at 2 nil down... and just landed to see that unexpected scoreline. Suprised we clawed 3 goals back, and atleast gained a point I guess.

Its just the same old really. Why do we do this to ourselves? I bet we didn't turn it on until late on with the serious pressure mounting. Any stand out performances in the 2nd half?

Stumped

Probably an unpopular opinion but I think put Sanchez in Sp**s team and they win the league. He's a perfect Pochettino forward.

We need other players to get that level of drive in their game. The attitude that you can take risks and be bold but if you lose the ball it's down to you to get it back.

Once this spreads to the rest of the players the team mentality changes. We don't lack talent...we lack the important intangibles.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol::lol:

This is quality banter mate . . and notice the words bottlers, weak mentality and excuse ffs, didn't appear at all in this exchange.
It's all been said at this point. We can talk about bottling and weak mentalities until the cows come home, but that's merely a distraction from the real problem: Wenger has trouble motivating and organising his teams well enough to sustain a title challenge.

Sorry to get back to the nitty gritty. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Probably an unpopular opinion but I think put Sanchez in Sp**s team and they win the league. He's a perfect Pochettino forward.

We need other players to get that level of drive in their game. The attitude that you can take risks and be bold but if you lose the ball it's down to you to get it back.

Once this spreads to the rest of the players the team mentality changes. We don't lack talent...we lack the important intangibles.
they won't win the league even if they got Ronaldo and Messi they are more bottlers than us.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's all been said at this point. We can talk about bottling and weak mentalities until the cows come home, but that's merely a distraction from the real problem: Wenger has trouble motivating and organising his teams well enough to sustain a title challenge.

Sorry to get back to the nitty gritty. :lol:
What would you say about Klopp then who lost 4-3 to Bournemouth?

Just as a matter of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom