• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Bournemouth v Arsenal | 3/1/17 | 7:45

Result?

• Third straight away loss, Arsenal style

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Victory

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
What the hell happened? Glad I missed it. Definitely its the players who are "ready to win", signed for millions and paid an eye watering amount by Wenger that are at fault along with a ****ty fixture list. Cruel old world for Wenger and basically everything that is part of the universe is against him. Everything should be for poor old Wengz to sit comfortably in his bubble and roll over at his feet with no difficulties at all.

Am I doing this right? Mr. Comprehension @carlito'sway and Mr. Facts @Makingtrax . Help me out here!

BBF

A lot of people are having a go at the people criticising the celebration, but if any other top club did that we'd all be laughing at them for being small time.

BBF

Speaking of klopp the guy dropped 7 points against Sunderland Burnley and Bournemouth he is good manager anyway.

He plays with Henderson in midfield, and has clowns for goal keepers. There's a different level between our squad and Liverpool's.

YaGunnersYa

As silly as Girouds celebration was, he made an important contribution to the game. Same cant be said for 70% of the team. If anything we looked more likely to concede after the 3-3 than to win so its really a non-issue and simply projecting frustration after a laughable first hour.

Sooner people make peace with us being out of the title race, the easier it is to take this kind of result. It takes a big change at a club to put a 12 year league drought behind us and all of a sudden win. Signing a couple players is nothing. That performance against City is like a black cloud which will hang over us until the end of the season, regardless of highs or lows.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He plays with Henderson in midfield, and has clowns for goal keepers. There's a different level between our squad and Liverpool's.
Yeah, Liverpool have very little actual creativity and Klopp basically uses their athleticism as a weapon, and very effectively too. Outside of Lallana and Coutinho, who really makes chances for them? Firmino? Their football is very simple and effective. I must admit, Klopp is a very good coach. Most of their really creative players actually play for their U23s :lol:. We could see Liverpool look even better next season.

Our squad is very rounded but at the same time, very disjointed. None of the combinations throughout the squad completely fit together. It's like having a squad full of gold card players on FUT but the team chemistry struggles to be higher than 60-70.

4R5Emaniac

But what exactly is his quality based on?

He wasn't very good at Samdoria.

He wasn't very good at Valencia. In fact he was bloody awful for them last year.

So far he's been decent for us but in many games he's made mistakes where he hasn't been punished. I don't get why people rate him so much. Chelsea would never sign him.
United neither.
Madrid?
Bayern?
What? He was very very good for Samp to be given the captaincy and pretty great in his first season atValencia. Last season Valencia were collectively ****.

Giroud

Established Member
Missed the game because of work so don't know what happened but how ridiculous is the Christmas schedule?

Teams with 1 day less rest than opposition:
Arsenal - D
Watford - L
Palace - L
Southampton - L
West Brom - W

I would be staggered if 72 hours recovery is not significantly advantageous over 48 hours recovery. Teams like us also had to travel away for the 2nd fixture.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
In reflection some perspective is needed. The ****show that saw us down 3-0 really left a scar on most gooner's psyche for sure BUT that was some great comeback & away from hometoo, having played 48 hours earlier.

Also, @Giroud is totally right, how is Xhaka's penalty a foul yet the shove on Bellerin for Fraser's goal isn't? It may sound like sour grapes but it really isn't.

The real problem is the lack of battle we showed in going down 3-0 - we've seen it time & again and really it's plainly obvious that whilst talented we're pathetic from a tactical POV. The hallmark of Arsène's Arsenal over the last 10 years is that they don't know what it takes to win the tough games, they don't have the tactical fortitude & discipline required to win at the very top of the game & it won't change as long as Arsène's at the helm..

Polar Bear

Very disappointed overall. Yes I know the comeback was good, but the bottom line is its 2 points dropped and we really can't afford to be dropping any points with the way the league is at the top. I said on here few weeks ago that draws are basically losses because of the situation with Chelsea. Very disappointing.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Very disappointed overall. Yes I know the comeback was good, but the bottom line is its 2 points dropped and we really can't afford to be dropping any points with the way the league is at the top. I said on here few weeks ago that draws are basically losses because of the situation with Chelsea. Very disappointing.
We not winning this thing anyway. If we couldn't beat Leicester, we're no way in hell beating CHelsea

4R5Emaniac

Its always interesting reading the match threads if I missed the game. Proper bipolar stuff :lol:

Btw, @MaraDon seeing the light about Wenger makes me happy and sad at the same time :( And @redanddread being broken makes me real sad :(. AM is not the same when he isn't happy and active.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
What would you say about Klopp then who lost 4-3 to Bournemouth?

Just as a matter of interest.

They beat City 1-0 and they are 3 points ahead of us with scarecrows for goalkeepers and lumbering jacks in midfield and LB, performing under a manager who has only been with the club a single calendar year! That's what I would say.

Last edited:

Goonerozil33

My thoughts on the game
1. Bournemouth pressed us crazy in the first half. They just did not give us any time and space. However they dropped physically around 65th minute.

2. Bellerin was off from minute one. The first goal was entirely on him. I have not seen anyone catch up with bellerin like Fraser did for the third goal. If that was not a foul then the penalty should not have been given.

3. There is no point in having a deeper squad if most of them miss out the most critical time of the season. December has around 6 -7 games and any player missing a week is missing 3 games. This is a month for the squad. If you are fresher you win. Unfortunately we could not rest our back 4 or front 3. The one player who was rested came and went off injured.

4. The title is gone now. What is needed now is to ensure we finish in top 4. So we need to start winning games and put together a decent run.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Lot of talk about us in this thread, as is expected.

How well is not Eddie Howe doing at Bournemouth though? Fair enough that their owners are putting in some healthy dosh, but they look a healthy outfit. He is young and inexperienced, but if he keeps going like this you'd think a bigger club would come in for him.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

New Manager? Check

A jaded Arsenal with titles hopes evaporating earlier than usual? Check

Pre-match press conference by Arsène assuring us of the squad having matured in the face of adversity & how such maturity will be on display in the match? Check (not necessarily word for word but some variation thereof will be given)

All the ingredients are there for this to be another abysmal away day:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom