• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sutton United v Arsenal 20/2/17 19:55 GMT | FA Cup 5th round | BBC One

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd expect this will be the tie that will be most desirable for TV though? Assuming they can show a live game at Sutton? The cameras for the Leeds game got covered in rain! Maybe the BBC will send their best equipment if it's live?

Yeah, they might get more money with an away tie, and they'd have preferred that. But this is what it's all about really. Much better watching Arsenal go to their little stadium than see them get destroyed at Arsenal. Sadly if they play on 3g, that reduces the chances of bobbles and sawdust levelling the playing field like it did literally in 1989.
They'd rather be at home (there are quotes from their manager after the Leeds game)They've made a ton of cash already and will do so again. And at home their chances of qualifying or earning a replay go up significantly. I'd give Bramwell a run out as this will be the type of tight pitch hard and fast game he will be use to
Might be the only player we have that's use to it.

Craig Eastmond play for them...what happened to him, he looked as decent prospect some time ago...

Plastic pitch...keep all 1st teamers as far from that as possible otherwise we will have 4+ injured players after match...

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Wasnt Eastmond from the generation that made us completely revamp our youth system?

Last edited:

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Great draw, that's the beauty of the FA Cup for you.
I think we'll go past them, but it won't be a stroll I'm afraid.

Best possible tie between our CL and PL games though.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
They'd rather be at home (there are quotes from their manager after the Leeds game)They've made a ton of cash already and will do so again. And at home their chances of qualifying or earning a replay go up significantly. I'd give Bramwell a run out as this will be the type of tight pitch hard and fast game he will be use to
Might be the only player we have that's use to it.

It depends who at Sutton you ask I suspect. I saw some quotes from the players saying they'd favour an away tie at one of the bigger clubs.

I was thinking about Bramall, and I think he'll be considered, but I'm not sure because Wenger has to tread a fine line in terms of showing the opposition a perceived lack of respect. It must be tempting, given that it's on a plastic pitch at a small ground, to go full third string and pick players like Bramall, Willock, Martinez etc.

I think you want to get the big stars mostly out of it to reduce the glamour a bit, while picking a side to be effective under the circumstances and one that is consistent with Arsenal's team selection in the previous FA Cup rounds. Without having watched Sutton play much, I suspect they should go with a physical side, depending obviously on the team that plays Bayern. I don't think they should risk Welbinho on a plastic pitch, so I'd probably put Giroud up front and have some wide players who are good at crossing and get balls into him (If Bramall is really good at lifting crosses in to heading range then I might suggest him). I'd go for Iwobi as the furthest forward midfielder for his strength and robustness. For me, Lucas has to play - his robustness, work rate and experience in different leagues will be valuable. Ox for his crossing from the right.

Ospina
Jenkinson Holding Gabriel Gibbs
Maitland-Niles Coq
Iwobi
Ox Giroud Lucas

Bench: Martinez, Bramall, Elneny, Jeff, Mustafi, Walcott, Welbeck

Last edited:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I was thinking about Bramall, and I think he'll be considered, but I'm not sure because Wenger has to tread a fine line in terms of showing the opposition a perceived lack of respect. It must be tempting, given that it's on a plastic pitch at a small ground, to go full third string and pick players like Bramall, Willock, Martinez etc.

I think you want to get the big stars mostly out of it to reduce the glamour a bit, while picking a side to be effective under the circumstances and one that is consistent with Arsenal's team selection in the previous FA Cup rounds. Without having watched Sutton play much, I suspect they should go with a physical side, depending obviously on the team that plays Bayern. I don't think they should risk Welbinho on a plastic pitch, so I'd probably put Giroud up front and have some wide players who are good at crossing and get balls into him (If Bramall is really good at lifting crosses in to heading range then I might suggest him). I'd go for Iwobi as the furthest forward midfielder for his strength and robustness. For me, Lucas has to play - his robustness, work rate and experience in different leagues will be valuable. Ox for his crossing from the right.

Ospina
Jenkinson Holding Gabriel Gibbs
Maitland-Niles + Coq
Iwobi
Ox Giroud Lucas

Bench: Martinez, Bramall, Elneny, Jeff,, Mustafi, Walcott, Welbeck
Nice point, don't want too many young/reserve players, they will be physically destroyed.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Nice point, don't want too many young/reserve players, they will be physically destroyed.

Yeah. I'd be surprised if this was a game where Wenger wanted to have Jeff starting for that reason.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I think we can rest players, but we need to have experienced players on the bench if needed. It's tricky, we don't want to risk injuries and we don't want to risk losing it.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
playing at a packed Emirates would have been an exciting prospect for Sutton players, with half of Sutton at the away end, and part of me hopes they get to see one or two of our more glamorous players - I suppose OG might just about fit that bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom