• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sutton United v Arsenal 20/2/17 19:55 GMT | FA Cup 5th round | BBC One

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewarwoowar

There are feint murmurings behind the scenes intimating that this match maybe moved to the Emirates with a revenue split for the two teams. There are some though whom question whether it is within the spirit of the game to deviate from the draw(might take some of the magic). Would be a great shot in the arm for Sutton though!

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
There are feint murmurings behind the scenes intimating that this match maybe moved to the Emirates with a revenue split for the two teams. There are some though whom question whether it is within the spirit of the game to deviate from the draw(might take some of the magic). Would be a great shot in the arm for Sutton though!
I thought they stopped clubs from doing that.

Ewarwoowar

I thought they stopped clubs from doing that.
Got it from the Telegraph, but you're right, that rule has been in place since 2003, but there is a but and that is The FA can choose to make it so. This is most likely though if there are concerns over the venue(condition and location). If I were inclined to want to switch and I were involved I would sight Suttons leaky roof as unsafe!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
if the local police have concerns, the match could be moved to nearest neutral ground, which would be Crystal Palace

fabo

6.51 / 10
Memories of Farnborough 2003, but their stadium wasn't deemed up to it if I remember right.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think the magics already being lost when you have teams like Watford and Liverpool resting half their squad.

Non league isn't a low level anymore, hence why two are in the last 16 ffs.

It's not the 1970's. The top two leagues are international (PL, Championship).
Being in A team (sort of) of one of country's biggest club and find yourself in a Soton couple of years later-sorry that is low level, despite football being more 'equal' it's still light years of difference...

The Gooner

Must win game for us! If we lose then.. wait I don't even want to think about that if!

The FA Cup has to be our number one priority at this point in time. No excuses if we don't win this one. I don't expect a hammering, just a solid win and hopefully Ospina keeps a clean sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom