• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sutton United v Arsenal 20/2/17 19:55 GMT | FA Cup 5th round | BBC One

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mood going is to this game is going to be pretty dejected no matter who plays.

Younger players probably the best bet. Can't see many fringe players being up for this with nothing to fight for now.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
There is no scenario where we come out of this one with our heads held high. A win is to be expected and even that won't get recognition anywhere because we're Arsenal playing Sutton. A draw or loss and the knifes will be out.

Zero sum game.

That's for sure.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mood going is to this game is going to be pretty dejected no matter who plays.

Younger players probably the best bet. Can't see many fringe players being up for this with nothing to fight for now.

We have an FA cup to fight for. Something we've actually shown we are capable of winning...

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Danny will score at least a hat trick and everyone will question why Wenger didn't do the obvious by starting him on Wednesday night.

Only way I can see this not happening is if Wenger doesn't start him on the guise that he is 'injured'.

CHOPS

As has already been said whatever way this one goes we won't come out with any credit the media can't wait for us to slip up once more,that's why these players whoever Wenger chooses have got to find some bollocks on Monday for the sake of the Club and themselves.
I just think that it's important that they do that this would be total humiliation,been supporting this club for fifty odd years seen plenty of damage,**** teams,**** players I've had enough of this no balls attitude no matter what you do you don't get anything without a bit of hard graft.
Having said that I'd like to think that we'll be too strong for Sutton whatever the team so I'm going for a 3-0 win!

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
This better be an easy and resounding win, since their entire squad (36 I believe) value wouldn't come to a week's salary of one of our players.

An easy and resounding win with our youths, for that matter, is what I demand to see.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What can we do but progress to the quarter finals and bounce back quickly? That's the only thing we can do. Hope we give some of the fringe players and younger lads a chance to impress and maybe some can break into the first team.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
9349b6eab035586c495f0835abbb5f71f2d66d7e.jpg

They look up for it.

Or they've just spotted a BOGOF offer at McDonalds.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I want to see:

GK: Martinez
RB: Mustafi
LB: Monreal
CB: Holding
CB: Kos
CM: Xhaka
CM: Ox
CM: AMN
RW: Lucas
LW: Jeff
CF: Welbeck

Give Martinez, AMN and Jeff a chance. Give Mustafi a chance to see if he's our answer to the RB problem, put Ox back in central and hopefully we get to see the under used talents such as Holding, Welbeck, and Lucas for a full 90 minutes.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

My preferred team.

Welbeck
Perez Jeff Walcott
Chamberlain Elneny
Gibbs Holding Mustafi Maitland-Niles
Martinez

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I wouldn't mind seeing most of the first team playing - give their team and supporters a chance to play against a big(gish) side

That dressing room might serve as a timely reminder to some of them as to where they might end up if they don't improve sharpish

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I want to see:

GK: Martinez
RB: Mustafi
LB: Monreal
CB: Holding
CB: Kos
CM: Xhaka
CM: Ox
CM: AMN
RW: Lucas
LW: Jeff
CF: Welbeck

Give Martinez, AMN and Jeff a chance. Give Mustafi a chance to see if he's our answer to the RB problem, put Ox back in central and hopefully we get to see the under used talents such as Holding, Welbeck, and Lucas for a full 90 minutes.

Koscielny just went off injured man..

Polar Bear

Wenger will play a full strength side, with maybe 1 or 2 additions. he has no choice, and we don't have many games to play so no need for rests. I expect Sanchez and Özil and the like to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom