• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Chelsea vs Arsenal| 04/02/17 | 12:30 K/O (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
More importantly, Conte is a serious manager who can coach a defence. Hence Chelsea are better.
That's depressing.

Sky Sports bigging up their squad quality, £419m v our £332m, away from home as well . . . I was thinking the only thing going for us was the Wenger factor.:lol:

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Totally expecting Chelsea to use Moses and Willian/Pedro against Monreal it our weakest point need to play a winger who can support Monreal Defensively leaving him alone against these guys it not gonna end well.

Teams really shouldn't be allowed to use tactics in games against us given that we're decent enough not to resort to them.

fabo

6.51 / 10
According to that squad cost list, Chelsea were at 419, Arsenal 332. Might be slightly different now as they've lost Mikel, Oscar, Ivanovic.

I really cannot see a gulf in quality between these two teams. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Don't know about this game though. Wouldn't be shocked to lose 2-0, 5-0, or score 3 and win. Don't think it's gonna matter in the long run anyway, Chelsea just need to stay relatively solid for the remainder. Odd slip won't matter.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
According to that squad cost list, Chelsea were at 419, Arsenal 332. Might be slightly different now as they've lost Mikel, Oscar, Ivanovic.

I really cannot see a gulf in quality between these two teams. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
That's very true. But temporarily we've lost Santi, Elneny and Ramsey out of our squad. Although losing Ramsey is f***ing positive at the mo :lol:

Ewarwoowar

Chelsea are in great position, they can take a draw, they can sit back, invite us on and catch us on the break. So our hand is forced, We need pace, positivity and a shot up the arse.

NEWMAN123

My Lineup to win the game would be

Welbeck------------------------------Walcott
---------------------Alexis---------------------

Iwobi/Adelaide --------------Ox---------
------------------AMN/Coq------------------

Gibbs-------Kos----Mustafi------Bellerin
-------------------Cech-------------------------

So essentially a 4-3-3 with Alexis playing a sort of false 9 role allowing Welbz and Walcott to fast break against their 3. No Özil as much as I love the guy he can't start this game.

I'm torn on either Iwobi or Adelaide and Coq or AMN, AMN seems a better passer of the ball but Coq seems better defensively sound.

Iwobi is good at driving forward but Adelaide seems to be better at shielding the ball with his body and keeping possession.

Gibbs for Monreal simply because Monreal will be left for dead against Willain. We need the pace of Gibbs to help contain Willian.

Cech or Ospina is another throw up too tbh but because Cech knows the players and how they tend to shoot he gets the nod.

If we start like this I reckon a 2-1 win.

Ashybashy86

Arsenal won't lose this but they won't win it either.:rolleyes:

Wenger's frittering away the potential to pull of Roger Federesque title win in his twilight years by being stubborn. The greatness in Federer is his willingness to learn new tricks at an (old) age - Roger's adaptability highlights Arsène's weakness. Arsène won't adapt & as such won't win the big one again.

Honestly, for a season that promised so much for the team to go and lose to ****ing Watford at home before a title decider further cemented my stance that whatever happens on Sunday won;t make one bit of a difference because Arsène doesn't know how to lead his team over the line anymore. It's all become pointless & predictable.
Even if they manage to beat Chelsea, it will be a slap in the face to all the fans. They think they can just turn up only when they feel like it.

Ashybashy86

You know what? The worst for me would be a spirited draw. I'd rather see them beat us comprehensively.
I know what you mean, but we'll need all the points we can get to at least finish 2nd. I don't think I could stomach Chelsea winning the league AND finishing behind those lot down the road.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Feels like we're starting this 1-0 down.

Chelsea have no need to take any risks. It gets said in every match thread but if ever there was a need for an early goal it's here.

N

NotAUserName

Chelsea have no need to take any risks. It gets said in every match thread but if ever there was a need for an early goal it's here.
We'll probably be too overeager and they'll just pick us off on the counter.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Even if we win 15-0 Chel$ki are still walking the league.

So sit back, relax, enjoy the ride & don't stress.

Yeah, I said it. Wot.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If we score early it doesn't change much. Chelsea will score. That **** Costa will score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom