• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Chelsea vs Arsenal| 04/02/17 | 12:30 K/O (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

It has to be Welbeck. I just can't see Iwobi not starting, though.
we will need a team full of grafters, because that is what chelsea has and after their previous loss to us, i am sure conte and his team will be out for blood. Maybe iwobi in the number 10 role. It would be better if we went with 3 in the midfield.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think we have to go with a front three of Walcott, Alexis and Welbeck. When Sp**s dominated Chelsea they exploited Azpueliqueta's lack of height and Cahill's lack of pace, so sticking Welbeck on Azpueliqueta and Walcott on Cahill makes sense.

Also, Alexis likes to drop into midfield to collect the ball, so that will help us not get overwhelmed in midfield. And it could draw Luiz out of position.

And you can't overlook how fast that front three will be. Welbeck's and Walcott's pace will help them on the defensively too, and Alexis will relentlessly press their defense.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
More than anything I just want Alexis to return up front. I re-watched us thump West Ham 5-0 and Alexis honestly looked like the best striker in Europe. We've found a great solution with Alexis through the middle, just as he was warming to the role Giroud hit form, just our luck :lol:.

Alexis needs to be our striker if we're gonna win anything this season.

Ashybashy86

Don't know why Perez is getting overlooked! The mans a grafter and more ability and threat then all of our wingers!
I feel bad for the guy. I don't understand Wenger's decision to not him, even in the lower profile games.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Never been happier to be working on a Saturday. Can't deal with us conceding yet another penalty

nick gould

Bib theory :
Bellerin-Kos-Mustafi-Monreal
--------Ox-Coquelin-------------
Walcott------Özil---------Iwobi
-------------Alexis---------------
I would play Welbeck ahead of Theo. Theo is too limited. The game against Southampton he only managed 9 passes in 90 minutes. It's we are a man down with him playing. You can't create the passing triangles that we were renowned for.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

My Chelsea supporting mate has the goals from when they put six past us. Only Hazard remains of their goal scorers that day. Thought that was interesting.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
You just know Conte would be drilling his team all this week to reverse the result from start of the year. He doesn't want any question marks this year.
They'll come out all fired up.

It's what good managers do.

At Arsenal this week.....
Play a day of triangles.
Watch LaLa Land for some team building
More triangles
A lecture on clean eating
Triangles
Photo shoot day on the field at Conley with lots of smiley faces
Gym day because it's raining a little bit
Social Media lecture on how group selfies portray friendly atmosphere

Then Wengers dressing room team talk....
It's all about fun guys, "the best player on the field is the one having the most fun"
"Get out there and enjoy yourselves"
"Team dinner is earlier tonight at Big Poppas Pizza because we have the early game, leave your requests with Per on your way out to the game"

Team claps and smiley faces prevail..
AW turns to SB and remarks how good this team has gelled.
"Can't wait for tonight, "im really looking forward to tonigh, I've heard big poppas has a great menu and everything is the same price"

N

NotAUserName

More than anything I just want Alexis to return up front. I re-watched us thump West Ham 5-0 and Alexis honestly looked like the best striker in Europe. We've found a great solution with Alexis through the middle, just as he was warming to the role Giroud hit form, just our luck :lol:.

Alexis needs to be our striker if we're gonna win anything this season.
Alexis has never really done well up top against good defenses. Someone actually posted an interesting stat on Reddit that of all the games he's played as a striker, he's only scored whenever we score 3 or more goals and is usually absent from the score sheet if we only manage a goal or two. It says a lot that Özil has yet to assist him in the league despite having large spells up top.

STYLEZ

Not confident whatsoever.

I'm thinking a draw the most for us which is not good enough.

Can see Chelsea winning tho 2-0

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
Alexis has never really done well up top against good defenses. Someone actually posted an interesting stat on Reddit that of all the games he's played as a striker, he's only scored whenever we score 3 or more goals and is usually absent from the score sheet if we only manage a goal or two. It says a lot that Özil has yet to assist him in the league despite having large spells up top.
But it's not just about Alexis. By playing him we allow more pace, movement for the whole team which opens up opportunities for all the front 3.

But AW will probably play our planB as first choice once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom