• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Chelsea vs Arsenal| 04/02/17 | 12:30 K/O (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It

Well I agree that Wenger needs to go. As for Perez, we dont really have any idea if he could make it here because he's not being given the chance and is not likely to. He was a striker when he came here and had a great last season with Deportivo as a striker. Wenger then decided to give Alexis one more chance at CF and it sort of worked but then Wenger fav Giroud came back. My point is dont discard a player until he's really been tried, properly.
We shouldn't disregard him outright but like you said he done well last season upfront and we splashed 19m on him. Then decided let's try Alexis up there. Utterly pointless. Surely he should have thought that out better. It was a panic buy and I think that's shown in his playing time.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not that it would have affeted the result but how was it not a foul on Bellerin ?
Yeah, he came in with his leading elbow into Bellerin's head. All the pundits said it wasn't a foul, even Henry.

As you say it didn't affect the result. The Gabriel and Mustafi headers were clear chances and we didn't take them. They took their two though, and Czech handed them the third.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah, he came in with his leading elbow into Bellerin's head. All the pundits said it wasn't a foul, even Henry.

As you say it didn't affect the result. The Gabriel and Mustafi headers were clear chances and we didn't take them. They took their two though, and Czech handed them the third.

Although Bellerin going off definitely affected us .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Although Bellerin going off definitely affected us .
Gabriel is like a deer in the headlights when he gets in the opposition half. No idea what to do and limited skills.

In fact the difference in quality in most areas was self evident today. People saying we have the best squad in the league are delusional.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The players keep changing over the years but in general the performances in these kind of games remains identical.

I wonder where the problem lays.

It will have to remain an eternal mystery, never to solved. :cool:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
it's all my fault - I've just joined the South Wales Arsenal Supporters Club so I could get to the Emirates - now I'm wondering if I dare risk a ticket to see the replay against Sutton

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
An important part of being a man is admitting when you're wrong. I said Bellerin bottled the game by going off, but Jesus, I hereby sincerely apologise to our Cockney Spaniard.

The worst thing about the whole thing is Neville on commentary. Completely glossed it over. "He gets a crack in the face but Alonso is just too big and strong for him."

Neville has a boner for strong players. He probably goes home and cracks one out to pictures of Vieira and Petit.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Interesting vid of opening goal from an alternative camera angle

91c389d3713cd46b92a69058d8194587.jpg

Malky

Established Member
An important part of being a man is admitting when you're wrong. I said Bellerin bottled the game by going off, but Jesus, I hereby sincerely apologise to our Cockney Spaniard.

The worst thing about the whole thing is Neville on commentary. Completely glossed it over. "He gets a crack in the face but Alonso is just too big and strong for him."

Neville has a boner for strong players. He probably goes home and cracks one out to pictures of Vieira and Petit.
Shocking hearing a commentator defending a challenge like that. How is leading with your elbow a fair header? Or being "too big and strong"? If that had been reversed and it was Bellerin that went in on Alonso like that, I bet my bollocks that Chelsea would have a penalty and Bellerin would be off!!

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Shocking hearing a commentator defending a challenge like that. How is leading with your elbow a fair header? Or being "too big and strong"? If that had been reversed and it was Bellerin that went in on Alonso like that, I bet my bollocks that Chelsea would have a penalty and Bellerin would be off!!
Without doubt.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Funny how that wasn't the case when Xhaka took out Joe Allen. Then it was "dangerous and clumsy", even though arguably Allen was just small and had his head at Xhaka's elbow level. Alonso's foul was much worse than Xhaka's even, it's not like they're even on the same level of recklessness ffs

The bias leaves me ****ing fuming, it's ridiculous.

Ewarwoowar

NBCSN coverage was the same, commentators and pundits alike,, and they are supposed to have some big campaign type stance on curtailing head injuries, hypocrites.

Goonerozil33

The worst part about these matches is how important the next match become. And the negativity around the club being so bad, we will struggle to beat hull next week. The fans should support the team when things are bad and help them play better.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can't work out how pundits can defend that after multiple viewings. If it's just a simple case of Alonso being stronger he probably goes down clutching his face. The way he goes limp and falls is telling.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Alonso is just jumping though in a completely natural action & arm position. No idea how it can be a foul.

The angle of player runs & difference in speed/ height caused the injury.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Gabriel is like a deer in the headlights when he gets in the opposition half. No idea what to do and limited skills.

In fact the difference in quality in most areas was self evident today. People saying we have the best squad in the league are delusional.
The thing is we have a great squad where we fall down on is out and out quality. You can basically interchange our whole squad and it'll not go up or down a level. There are exceptions, Alexis, Cazorla, Koscielny and Bellerin those aside it's a top squad but limited on top quality. Chelsea have Hazard, Costa, Kante, Matic and Tibo. If they start losing those guys then it's a massive drop off same for us and the four I've mentioned.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Alonso is just jumping though in a completely natural action & arm position. No idea how it can be a foul.

The angle of player runs & difference in speed/ height caused the injury.
It's that he clearly knows Bellerin is there (that's the direction he is facing and jumping in) and puts his elbows up anyways. Not higher, not lower, just pummels him right in the face. I know that could have been avoided, it was dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom