• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL R16 1st Leg | Bayern v Arsenal | February 15 19:45 GMT | BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
The players have let Wenger down as much as he's failed. Yes Kos is class but him going off shouldn't open the floodgates the way it has.

Özil has completely stitched Wenger up, just trotting around the centre circle. Yes he's quality when it goes his way but he's been non existent tonight. Yes Coquelin and Gabriel are shocking but the likes of Bellerin, Mustafi and Iwobi were just as poor.

Different players have been letting Wenger down consistently in the last 10 years then. Or maybe, it is the manager, the only consistency in the 'story'.

We cannot hold the ball in midfield, we have not been able to do that since Fabregas left, Özil does nothing to keep the ball, and others like Coquelin and Ramsey are not good enough to do it.

We get a goal kick, one blink and it's Bayern in possession again, laughable...

carlito'sway

Established Member
Agree with the sentiment but disagree with the closing. Mustafi and Gabriel are both good defenders.

Most of Gabriel's hate doesn't actually come from his defending, it's the fact that it's taken him so long to learn English. Which translated to his intelligence and then his defending.

Some serious xenophobia at times on this forum.

Understatement......

Vibra

Established Member
Is it possible to take the CL money but give up our spot? I'm sure a team who'll narrowly miss out would be up for it

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Kos being off just shows how much he keeps Mustafi in check. Mustafi was trying some weird Sanchez one man press all game. Gabriel at minor fault in comparison:

Hunter Zolomon

Yes, Wenger has to go. He bought the players too. He is the one responsible in the end. But ffs, the players need to take some of the blame. Wenger didn't instruct them too shot themselves in the foot I presume.
we blame Özil for his poor effort, we blame ramsey for his poor touch, ox for his poor decisions. however wenger decides to put them on the field in certain games knowing what will happen, who else can we blame. Its like knowing that bees sting but repeatedly dunking your hand in a bees nest. At some point it stops being the bees and becomes your fault.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Gabriel wasn't at fault for one of the goals we conceded...

Thiago' what in the f*ck was he doing!? Just trotting into no man's land after Lewandowski.

He doesn't have the basics, he doesn't understand space or marking, just throws himself into challenges and hopes for the best. Holding is better than him right now and he's a kid.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If he wants what's best for Arsenal he will gracefully step down, I'm absolutely convinced he is a man of true honour and I think he will in the very near future.

Thank-you for everything Arsène you gave us all some great memories... But enough is enough

I don't necessarily want him to leave, but I want him to be honest. He's always going on about belief and hunger and how we want to do well. He rarely talks about how we need to improve collectively in defence, how we need to be more vocal on the pitch. He needs to acknowledge how far away we are from the level we need to be before we turn it around, not get defensive.

The bar has shifted in the last ten years during his tenure and he's failed to adapt. He needs to put pressure on the board to give him more support if that's holding him back. He needs to forget about targeting a style of play and focus on targeting a mentality of success.

Top Quality

Embarrassing.

I live in Germany and I'm sure all my neighbours heard it when that 1-1 went in. But the way we surrendered in the second half, ...we've seen it so many times before. I had some issues with the starting eleven - thought Iwobi should've been Welbeck, Coquelin should've been ElNenny, but the way we went down is on the players more than Wenger. No fight, folding completely.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

People blaming everything on Wenger should be ashamed of themselves. The players are a ****ing disgrace as well and have let the club down. The players should refund the away fans and donate a month wages to some charity. Bunch of losers.

Well I used to think this but I just can't blame them anymore. It doesn't matter which plays we do this every single big game. I can guarantee if we took some of them out and put them in Chelsea's team they'd look world class..

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Agree with the sentiment but disagree with the closing. Mustafi and Gabriel are both good defenders.

Most of Gabriel's hate doesn't actually come from his defending, it's the fact that it's taken him so long to learn English. Which translated to his intelligence and then his defending.

Some serious xenophobia at times on this forum.

What?? Gabriel has been horrible. There's no two ways about it.

I couldn't give a **** about nationality, i'm not full anything myself.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
we blame Özil for his poor effort, we blame ramsey for his poor touch, ox for his poor decisions. however wenger decides to put them on the field in certain games knowing what will happen, who else can we blame. Its like knowing that bees sting but repeatedly dunking your hand a bees nest. At some point it stops being the bees and becomes your fault.

I know. Wenger has failed post 2013 and we've seen this time and time again. But seeing the players giving up this easily is a ****ing shambles :lol:

Anyway, we go again vs. Sutton. Time to bounce back.

I'm not watching ;)

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Players not wenger what they were doing? they just lost the passion the confidence quickly after the 2nd goal went in.
It was so obvious what was going to happen I felt Wenger without a doubt had to make a change. Probably Giroud to hold the ball up and get you out of your box.

TheIceman85

My thoughts when I saw the starting line-up: "Wow, really? Özil will be anonymous for the 90 minutes, Iwobi hasn't justified playing in such a big game ahead of others, Coquelin is in dog awful form."

Playing a 3-man midfield is supposed to give you control, balance, strength down the spine. But when Özil plays in these big games it's basically a 4-4-1. Players like Özil - a trequartista who will not track back, cover or press - are becoming ever more redundant in the modern game.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kos being off just shows how much he keeps Mustafi in check. Mustafi was trying some weird Sanchez one man press all game. Gabriel at minor fault in comparison:

Little while back this was the other way round. Not sure either's to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom