• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup | Arsenal vs Manchester City| 23rd April at 15:00 (GMT)

What two teams will reach the final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He had a similar tweet after the 3-0 in September. Wenger not signing him for £100k way back when still stings him.

Yeah I remember. Think he @'ed Walcott. This guy is sour AF, you think he'd be satisfied with the damage he did to us during his playing career.

He knows he signed for the smaller club. He was an Arsenal supporter before moving to Chelski. Mug.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don't want to piss on a biscuit but let's not act like this was some tactical masterclass. We could have lost quite easily. Their goal took the royal raving piss.
Of course we have to be realistic BUT the commitment from most of our players(not Giroud the piece of sh*t) was as good as we've seen in some time. I thought most everyone gave it absolutely everything. Even a wasteman like Ramsey though still making mistakes left everything on the pitch. That along with the absolutely magnificent performance from Ox was hugely heartening. Gabriel had the best game he's had in our shirt, I thought he was better than Kos today. Holding continued to impress. Xhaka avoided stupid fouls and made some decent contributions. There was a lot to be pleased about. This formation seems like something we could build upon going forward. It's hard not to be a bit excited given the terrible run we've been on.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Whilst this is true, it was also plain to see that the system he was using no longer worked with the players we have. Everyone could see that including the players.

Hopefully this is the start of some change and not just desperation.
Better reply than mine.

Possibly a serious power struggle is going on. Stubborn Wenger pulling a rabbit out the hat? Totally down to be shocked by the man. ... yet again. COYG!!

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Finally we saw some of the spirit and mentality that we keep getting told about in a every presser!

It wasn't pretty but that was a bit more like the Arsenal of old.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
I don't want to piss on a biscuit but let's not act like this was some tactical masterclass. We could have lost quite easily. Their goal took the royal raving piss.

The thing is, had we played 4-2-3-1 they would've got a lot more opportunities. We played this exact fixture a couple of weeks ago and we drew 2-2, today we only conceded one- and even then we could've prevented it.

Nobody is calling it a tactical masterclass. But this three at the back switch has helped. Still some kinks to work out, but the signs are positive.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The thing is, had we played 4-2-3-1 they would've got a lot more opportunities. We played this exact fixture a couple of weeks ago and we drew 2-2, today we only conceded one- and even then we could've prevented it.

Nobody is calling it a tactical masterclass. But this three at the back switch has helped. Still some kinks to work out, but the signs are positive.
It was luck. They could easily have scored more today, as we also could have. Games between us have always been very open though.. The change in formation had little to do with us winning 2-1 today imo.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
It was luck. They could easily have scored more today, as we also could have. Games between us have always been very open though.. The change in formation had little to do with us winning 2-1 today imo.

If we didn't play a back three, no chance would Holding and Gabriel both have started. As a result of the system change, they both started and were both exceptional. The formation change definitely influenced today's result IMO.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If we didn't play a back three, no chance would Holding and Gabriel both have started. As a result of the system change, they both started and were both exceptional. The formation change definitely influenced today's result IMO.
We've beaten better City teams and looked far better in doing so when playing 4231 or 4141. I hate this formation, personally. We can't pass for sh!t, and we're no good at getting the ball back. Look how easy it was for them to get to our back line? The gaps Toure was sauntering unopposed in to. It was shambolic. Look at their goal. Nah man. We cant see games out like we did today, every week. Not a chance.

GoonerBoy19

Still lot of work needed at midfield, there were times when city were just cruising away in midfield. Also need better finishing at the counters as we missed few sitters. If Wenger is staying he need to get few good signings, which I doubt because he is so stubborn. It will be good if he leave club with a FA cup win. The gaffer deserves it after all his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom