• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final I Arsenal v Chelsea I 5.30pm, Saturday May 27th

Who will win?

• Arsenal

Votes: 58 58.6%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 41 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewarwoowar

1. Cech has the height advantage over Ospina to catch the ball in the air before Cahill or Matic head it.
2. Back three is already in tatters and to compound it Cech, who can be a leader at the back won't be there.
3. Ospina last played 55 days ago for Arsenal and Cech has been a regular since we changed our formation. Cech has done well recently.

So I am truly baffled by this decision to play Ospina. :confused:

I'm still hoping that we win tomorrow and Ospina has the game of his life. However, if Ospina has a mare or gets injured/sent off during the game it will all be on Arséne Wenger and no one else.

1 On set pieces Chelsea don't direct the ball straight at the goal keeper any way.

2 Cech generally does not wander too far off his line too much to be in a position to intercept balls aimed at any one of the lofty Chelsea players.

3 Frequently the ball is crossed into an area for Chelsea players whose starting position is outside of the box to run onto a number of yards from where Cech generally positions himself which any chance He has to charge for is exacerbated by lot's of bodies in the way, which is usually His own team mates rooted like trees in that zonal marking fiascos.

4 You mitigate Cechs height by backing a player into him, where there is much chance He will not combat too hard to get past him, a la West Brom
I reckon Ospina would have fared better in that situation, would have cleared out man and ball imo.

ffs I've seen Chelsea do this lots, use the likes of the shortys like Willian, Pedro and Hazard to occupy the keeper by standing in the way of the keeper while the lofty ones get free headers,

I am either or Ifor for choice of keeper TBH, both have their strengths and weaknesses, Cech is Mr steady and great shot stopper, Ospina more mobile too meet on rushing front men and can get down lower quicker and is better than Cech at distribution but is known for ******* up theatrically on occasion.

With the state of the defence at the moment you could say We probably need a hybrid of the two.

Any ways I'm not overly invested in trying to second guess how things will pan out at the back where We have very little scope to affect the outcome. We can only cobble something together in that department and then hope the guys further up the pitch do an outstanding job to the point that lessens the Chelsea forward potency as much as possible, I remain hopeful,, still.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
So sad I have to work but ill be avoiding all social media and this forum until I get home after work so I can watch this. Really hoping for a good performance from our guys. I really do think if Ox plays and our defence is on point - we can and will win this!

ggunner12345

apparently Ospina will start but he hasn't played since April

Ospina

Holding Mustafi Monreal

Bellerin Ramsey Xhaka Gibbs

Özil Welbeck Alexis

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can't call it. It's sensible to assume a loss but at the same time it's a cup final who knows. All that has to happen is Xhaka Özil and Sanchez to turn up and do disks magic a couple of times and whew

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
It's such a shame we're so weakened by injuries, as it detracts from the occasion - whoever the Cup Final is between, you want both teams to be able to put out their strongest team

I just hope we don't pick up any red cards and fight to the end so we can be proud of our boys, whatever the result

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Wenger's throwing this match, Ospina confirms it. He knows he can't win with all these injuries and suspensions.

He's probably put his life savings on a Chelsea win. And after the match they'll find a 'f*** you' T shirt on his office chair.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Wenger

"I have no medals at home from anything. You come to my home, you will be surprised," he said.

"There is no trophy, no medal, nothing. I always give them out.

"There is always a guy at the club who did not get a medal - a member of staff - so I have given it to him.

"So you are always a medal short and you will always find someone who takes it."

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Let's put out a worst of the worst case scenario lineup.

Ospina
Holding Per Nacho
Hector Ramsey Xhaka Iwobi
Özil Giroud Welbeck
I just don't see how this team can match Chelsea in any way or get anything out of this match. Chelsea have superior players to us in almost every position and those guys have played with the same team for months now. Everyone knows their roles and what they gotta do. Arsenal on the other hand have a makeshift defense and hit or miss players in the midfield and in attack. I really don't see how we can win this one the absence of Mustafi and Alexis.

Give those two a super dose of painkillers! That's our only hope now.

Ewarwoowar

I just don't see how this team can match Chelsea in any way or get anything out of this match. Chelsea have superior players to us in almost every position and those guys have played with the same team for months now. Everyone knows their roles and what they gotta do. Arsenal on the other hand have a makeshift defense and hit or miss players in the midfield and in attack. I really don't see how we can win this one the absence of Mustafi and Alexis.

Give those two a super dose of painkillers! That's our only hope now.
Mustafi don't need painkillers, He just needs the room to stop spinning(He is concussed).

RoadrunnerReloaded

Can't call it. It's sensible to assume a loss but at the same time it's a cup final who knows. All that has to happen is Xhaka Özil and Sanchez to turn up and do disks magic a couple of times and whew

Exactly what I was thinking. In these Cup finals, one player can make the difference. I wouldn't even be surprised if Ramsey scored just because he shows up randomly like that

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

All these injuries/suspensions and maybe Ospina announcement, our odds are tumbling . . now 4/1 on odds checker. It was 2/1 two days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom