• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What's scaring you? I saw a striker thats threatening, can run in behind, created a couple chances for his team too and had a tough night in front of goal. There's compilations like that for Cristiano, Cavani, Aguero etc. Every striker has those games. I do like that he took that pen late so chill, he was obviously frustrated with his finishing.
Ive never actually watched a full game of this guy, from what I've seen he appears to be a good striker but half of the people who actually watch him rate him at Giroud level.

Very divisive player it seems, we have enough of those at Arsenal. I just want a player whose thread is full of praise. :lol:

BobP

Memri Fan
IF we do sign Lacazette, I'm going to sit back and wait for the moment I can say 'I told you so' when he inevitably proves that he's not an improvement on Giroud.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Ive never actually watched a full game of this guy, from what I've seen he appears to be a good striker but half of the people who actually watch him rate him at Giroud level.

Very divisive player it seems, we have enough of those at Arsenal. I just want a player whose thread is full of praise. :lol:
Most recent game I watched from him is against Ajax. He was half injured, backs against the wall, and the guy's a ****ing predator. I was so scared of him, he has the striker's instinct. He'd do well with us, just rather have THH.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People not happy that we signing a guy scored an average of 30 goals in last 3 season. Terrific stuff.

I don't know what people expect. Mbappe? Well real Madrid waiting in the corner we are not getting him specially after 100M euros bid got rejected.

Then you got Auba similar to Lacazzete people will say he getting old not the quality will win you the PL etc..

Well tell you what Harry Kane score a lot of penalties does that make him Rubbish too?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@BobP

Giroud in his first season with Arsenal in the league -

34 games, 11 goals, 3 assists.

If Lacazette betters that then I'm afraid you are wrong.

Giroud seasons that followed -

36 games - 16 goals - 8 assists
27 games - 14 goals - 3 assists
38 games - 16 goals - 6 assists
29 games - 12 goals - 3 assists

If Lacazette comes in and scores 16 or more in his first season he's instantly an upgrade on Giroud.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We are in desperate need for striker who can score 20-25 goals in the league Lacazzete proved that. We don't have that since RVP. We need something different.

BobP

Memri Fan
People not happy that we signing a guy scored an average of 30 goals in last 3 season. Terrific stuff.

I don't know what people expect. Mbappe? Well real Madrid waiting in the corner we are not getting him specially after 100M euros bid got rejected.

Then you got Auba similar to Lacazzete people will say he getting old not the quality will win you the PL etc..

Well tell you what Harry Kane score a lot of penalties does that make him Rubbish too?

The problem is that some posters are making him out to be the 2nd coming of Henry.

He's simply the only accessible option in market where there is a dearth of strikers.

Preacher

Always Crying
Some people need to get a grip. Dream about something like Aubameyang, but are against Lacazette.

I don't see much difference between those two. Only, that Lacazette is younger and has more hunger to prove his doubters wrong.

It would be amazing to get Mbappe, but sometimes we need to be realistic.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Suarez had an off day once, must be rubbish as well?

Absolute mongoloid of the highest order. By the way from that video I'm taking that he has incredible movement, he's fantastic on the ball and skips past players and also seems to be great at bringing others into play.

If you aren't happy with this signing for £44m then there's something wrong with you.

I truly find this sort of comments infuriating. Pardon me, I have been watching Lacazette for years, more than almost everyone on this board and it is a meh signing for me. The hyperbole I am reading here about him is just that.
He is a good player no doubt about it but his ability to gear up his game to a different/ higher level is still a huge question mark. If he comes to AFC and succeed, scores regularly and leads us to victories, I will be delighted like no one. Truly hopes he proves me that he can step it up because it will be needed.
Having said that, what I have seen from Lacazette so far does not warrant a £50 M transfer fee.

Impact

Established Member
Lacazette is on the same level as Giroud. That's the group of strikers that are very good but are not elite.

The big advantage that Lacazette has over Giroud is that he suits our style A LOT better. That factor will have a huge effect on his impact on his performances should we sign him. This shouldn't be downplayed. Just look at how fluid and dangerous our attack looks with Welbeck up top and Welbeck never even looks like scoring.

Lacazette for around (or under) £50 million in this market is very astute business.

So guys, @just visiting @Cazorlinho @carlito'sway.

Who's better for Arsenal right now, Lacazette or Mbappe?

As a fan of lacaz' (may be you noticed): What Mbappé showed in his first season at 18 is so impressive that if I could choose, i'd take mbappé.
On a short term point of view, lacaz' will be ready immediately, he's more mature, more ready to change club, more resistant to pressure
but Mbappé seems to have such a great talent that he seems he can reach the hightest level of world football (the suarez, neymar-like level).
Of course, there's no guarantee (such a young player in a team that succeed so well), but it definitely worth the shot.
But I don't think you have a chance to have him

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He honestly reminds me more of Darren Bent than any striker I can think of. :lol:

Like Bob you can't help but be a little underwhelmed. I think people overrate a lot of his attributes to be honest. Lacazette isn't a great dribbler, he doesn't exactly have Walcott level of pace regardless of what you read on here and he's not exactly the type who holds up play well.

He'll score given half a chance, but then again so would Defoe even at his age.

BobP

Memri Fan
I truly find this sort of comments infuriating. Pardon me, I have been watching Lacazette for years, more than almost everyone on this board and it is a meh signing for me. The hyperbole I am reading here about him is just that.
He is a good player no doubt about it but his ability to gear up his game to a different/ higher level is still a huge question mark. If he comes to AFC and succeed, scores regularly and leads us to victories, I will be delighted like no one. Truly hopes he proves me that he can step it up because it will be needed.
Having said that, what I have seen from Lacazette so far does not warrant a £50 M transfer fee.

Finally, @carlito'sway here to sit these mugs back in their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom